Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2012, 22:03   #2971
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr M R K View Post
Getting the following deal on Ritz in Delhi:

Ritz vxi (New Shape): 4.90 (on- Road)
Ritz zxi (old shape): 5.20 (on-Road)

I am inclined towards going in for the zxi (old shape) due to significant add-ons but a little skeptical about going in for an Aug manufactured vehicle.

I need to confirm the deal tomorrow as the vxi is the last piece remaining with the dealer in the desired color. Should I go for zxi? Is there a significant change between the old and new ritz?
Take the Team-BHP PDI check list with you and if the PDI turns out fine and the ODO has lesser kms on it, even the August car is worth it, even though it is the older Ritz.

There are not many significant changes between the pre-facelift Ritz and the new 2012 Ritz. They have advertised more than 50 changes between both variants but all of them are cosmetic - the engine, chassis, suspension, etc. are the same. I checked out both of them during our recent TDs (we are picking up our 2012 facelifted Ritz VDI tomorrow as well), and I can assure you, there aren't too many changes to the sides, rear and interiors.

The older blue/black interior color scheme has been replaced by black/red (firebrick red, to be exact), which looks outlandish (thankfully there is a choice between black/red interiors and black/grey interiors). Plus the front now houses a slightly larger air dam, bigger smiley grille, and leaf-styled elongated fog lamp casings.

But remember, the older model is after all the older model, and might depreciate a bit more quickly than the newer one. All said and done, I would any day prefer the top variant over the middle one, specially if it's offered at a mouth-watering price. Plus, the facelift was launched not too long ago so you don't lose much. It is, after all, a 2012 car in the end.

All the best! Do let us know how it goes.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 23rd December 2012 at 22:05.
Old 23rd December 2012, 22:08   #2972
Senior - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr M R K View Post
Getting the following deal on Ritz in Delhi:

Ritz vxi (New Shape): 4.90 (on- Road)
Ritz zxi (old shape): 5.20 (on-Road)

I am inclined towards going in for the zxi (old shape) due to significant add-ons but a little skeptical about going in for an Aug manufactured vehicle.

I need to confirm the deal tomorrow as the vxi is the last piece remaining with the dealer in the desired color. Should I go for zxi? Is there a significant change between the old and new ritz?
I'll suggest you to go ahead with Zxi, even if its old shape, As F/L Ritz have very minor changes. And, Don't forget Zxi will have Airbags and ABS, Which can prove to be a life safer later.

Just do a detailed PDI and check the odo readings. if everything goes well, Zxi is the way to go.

Good luck.

Cheers,
Sameer
Old 23rd December 2012, 23:03   #2973
BHPian

In Hyderabad, SX4 Diesel has 50,000 cash discount with additional 25, 000 exchange bonus. OTR for ZDI comes around 10.25 L with exchange.

Thanks,
Srinivas.R
Old 24th December 2012, 11:05   #2974
BHPian

I have booked the new Ritz Diesel VDI [Silver Color with Red Interiors] last week and am getting the following Deal in Pune at Chowgule Industries Dealer:

OTR [Pune] - 6,67,978
Cash Discount - 22,000
Corporate Discount - 3,000
Exchange bonus - 15000

No other Freebies offered. Not even Mud Flaps, Floor Mats. Tried negotiating a lot but no luck.
There is a AD in today's Paper of only Upto 30,000 Discount on the New Ritz Diesel in Pune. [15,000 Consumer Offer and 15,000 Exchange Bonus].
I am going in for 0% Dep. from New India Assurance from the dealer and they have quoted it 21,000. I think it is a bit on the higher side. I will be using by 45% NCB of my old Car and paying a much lesser price.

Is this a Good Deal or is any better deal available in Pune on the Ritz Diesel ?
Old 24th December 2012, 18:10   #2975
BHPian

Chennai TOI carried this advertisement today, Ertiga Diesel offer - Save up to Rs 20,000/- - http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Defau...&ViewMode=HTML

Am surprised that Maruti is giving discounts on Diesel - Never heard before except of Ritz model.
Old 24th December 2012, 22:05   #2976
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satnam141 View Post
More good news friends , booked Vista Qjet LS today & got a total disc of 70000 on ex showroom price of 5.25 lacs, this includes 40000 exchange bonus and cash disc of 30000. Freebies are mat, mud flap, body cover and left side ovrm.So bargain hard friends.
Hi friends ,
made final payment to the dealer today and final discount given is 75000 as dealer insisted on silver color instead of earlier promised pearl white. So final price is 5.25lacs - 75000 = 4.5 lacs . Paid them ins amount of 14500 and 50000 as total down payment and 4 lacs loan from sbi at zero processing fee , that too arranged by dealer.
I think the dealer at our place is more nice and fair.
satnam141 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2012, 12:23   #2977
BHPian

Just heard that fiat is back with "book a petrol car and stand to win a diesel car at the same price"! If the winner still wants to go ahead with the petrol, will get the difference as cash back. Not aware of the exact offer will need to check.
Old 26th December 2012, 22:25   #2978
Senior - BHPian

I wanted to check if it is worth buying a 2011 manufactured Kizashi (new, from Maruti)?

The 5L discount is all that is being offered, and the dealer is not providing the VIN (has provided instead this number: 100548). I am not sure how to figure out when the vehicle was manufactured. I will go back and ask the dealer for the VIN, however wanted to check first if it is worth it. I read somewhere else that additional discounts are possible, so if the car were to be available at a greater discount, would it then be worth it?

Many thanks

PS. Petrol is a non issue as this car is not for me. The person buying it has done about 50-60k in their previous car in the last nearly 10 years, and expects running to increase only marginally over the next few years.
VeluM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2012, 00:58   #2979
AVR
BHPian

Booking the Honda City S-MT in Silver tomorrow for wifey from Honda in Ahmedabad. Here's what I have been offered for an available-in-stock Silver car:

On-road - 9.72L
Insurance Free -26K
Art Leather Upholstery Free - 8.5K
Accessories Free (Mats, Mud-flaps,3M Teflon Body Coating) Free -8K
External Chrome Handles like the V-MT for 7K
AVN system similar to the one in the V-MT AVN for 40K. This is the one shown on link here

Finance - SBI Car Loan Scheme - 10.5% Rs. 2150/Lakh/month for 5 years

What do you guys think?

Cheers,
Adi
Old 27th December 2012, 07:51   #2980
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVR View Post
Booking the Honda City S-MT in Silver tomorrow for wifey from Honda in Ahmedabad. Here's what I have been offered for an available-in-stock Silver car:

On-road - 9.72L
Insurance Free -26K
Accessories Free (Mats, Mud-flaps,3M Teflon Body Coating)

Cheers,
Adi
Just don't go for 3M coating. In Pune, 3M company has terminated all tie-ups with Honda due to various issues and complaints they received from customers. When 3M checked the case, they found out that the products were not deployed as per 3M standards by the Honda guys. If you really want the coating, go to a 3M car care centre.

Ask for some other useful accessory in place of the coating.

Rest of the deal is ok, however I guess you can bargain more. Also check what other dealers are offering.

Last edited by ajay_satpute : 27th December 2012 at 07:53.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2012, 09:42   #2981
BHPian

Here is what I got for the Skoda Rapid TDI Ambition:

Exshowroom- Rs 8,72,676/-
Insurance - Rs. 49,665/-
Logistic - Rs. 4000/-
Registration - Rs. 1,02,744/-
Skoda Assure – Rs. 8000/-
TOTAL- Rs. 10,37,085/-
Discount - Rs. 35000/- (Corp Discount 12,500, Exchange bonus 10,000, Ganesh Festival Discount 12,500)

The car's a couple of months old. This was in September 2012.
Old 27th December 2012, 10:48   #2982
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

On-road - 9.72L
Insurance Free -26K
AVN system similar to the one in the V-MT AVN for 40K. This is the one shown on link here

What do you guys think?

Cheers,
Adi
Not sweet enough. Ask the SA to sweeten it further. Look at this quote from BANGALORE. Remember road tax in BANGALORE is 18%

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadie_swift View Post
After a bit of haggling, I got the same offer extended also to S-MT. Details as below:
Ex-showroom: Rs. 8,55,710
Road Tax inclusive of "Handling Charges": Rs. 1,41,480
Comp. Insurance: Re. 1 (Considered discount of Rs.25,194)
Extended Warranty + RSA: Rs. 11,750
Essentials Kit: Rs. 3,000
Less Corporate Discount: (Rs. 12,000)
Less Cash Discount: (Rs. 24,941)

Total On Road: Rs. 9,75,000

Accessories thrown in: Underbody coat, Reverse parking sensors, Rubber mats, Steering cover

Dealer: Whitefield Honda, City Showroom (Shivajinagar, Nr Cantt Station)

Last edited by F150 : 27th December 2012 at 10:51.
F150 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2012, 10:54   #2983
AVR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Ask for some other useful accessory in place of the coating.
Rest of the deal is ok, however I guess you can bargain more. Also check what other dealers are offering.
What other useful accessory do you think?

Another thing is that the insurance they give is not the nil-depreciation? Should I ask them for that? Must-have? Not sure about that either.

Thanks,
Adi
Old 27th December 2012, 11:07   #2984
BHPian

Quote:

On-road - 9.72L
Insurance Free -26K

What do you guys think?

Cheers,
Adi
You might want to bargain for free extended warranty. Avoid the teflon coating is nothing but hogwash. Instead ask for body cover.

Instead of paying 40k for caska get it done from outside. More choices and if you get hold of a good installer, he will not cut existing wiring thus retaining your electrical warranty.

By the way mats and mud flaps aren't more than 2.5k. Ask for more cash discount instead.

Good luck
arup.misra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2012, 11:20   #2985
BHPian

Hi,

Maruti VIN or chassis number is pretty simple. Look for the last two digits on the chassis number after an asterisk. If it is a 2012 car, the last character of the chassis number would be "C", "B" for 2011, "A" for 2010, "9" for 2009 and so on.

The second last character can be anything from A to M. A stands for Jan, B for Feb, and so on. "I" is skipped.

Be sure to verify the chassis number yourself.

See details here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...ml#post2262553

Pradeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
I wanted to check if it is worth buying a 2011 manufactured Kizashi (new, from Maruti)?

The 5L discount is all that is being offered, and the dealer is not providing the VIN (has provided instead this number: 100548). I am not sure how to figure out when the vehicle was manufactured. I will go back and ask the dealer for the VIN, however wanted to check first if it is worth it. I read somewhere else that additional discounts are possible, so if the car were to be available at a greater discount, would it then be worth it?

Many thanks

PS. Petrol is a non issue as this car is not for me. The person buying it has done about 50-60k in their previous car in the last nearly 10 years, and expects running to increase only marginally over the next few years.

Last edited by pradkumar : 27th December 2012 at 11:33.
pradkumar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks