Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2013, 10:12   #3571
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlvl View Post
Anyone has any news on new Ford Fiesta offers? I am looking at it after being put off by the Ecosport's 180 day waiting period.
As an owner of the new Ford Fiesta (picked it up last year March), I thank my luck everytime I ride this wonderful vehicle. It is certainly priced out of its class (13L OTR, Bangalore!), has an engine that doesn't shriek outright power, but there are things in the car that makes it very special.

- Built like a tank. The doors are quite strong (Boron steel - I used to call it Moron steel since they hike up the price so much. AFAIK, they are imported from Germany) - Amazing safety in side impact scenarios
- Amazing steering (can't be better than my earlier Ikon 1.6, but this is almost as good it can get it with EPS in its class)
- Brilliant ride - Soaks up all the bumps and holes. I also have the new Honda City, which directly transfers all the bumps to our bottom (I could have used a homophonic word )
- Decent FE - 15kmpl in MAD Bangalore traffic
- Fun in curves - I would have fallen of road in my previous Hyundai i20 or even in the New Honda City.

To top it, it is even more exclusive than BMWs

Please go ahead and take this if you can. You can take your time to thank me later!

PS:- The only car I like more than this is the Fiat TJet.
sriramv.iyer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2013, 17:14   #3572
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
As an owner of the new Ford Fiesta (picked it up last year March), I thank my luck everytime I ride this wonderful vehicle. It is certainly priced out of its class (13L OTR, Bangalore!), has an engine that doesn't shriek outright power, but there are things in the car that makes it very special.

- Decent FE - 15kmpl in MAD Bangalore traffic
- Fun in curves - I would have fallen of road in my previous Hyundai i20 or even in the New Honda City.

PS:- The only car I like more than this is the Fiat TJet.
Do you own a petrol or a diesel?? I am looking for the petrol one.
Old 29th June 2013, 17:28   #3573
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anyone has any news on new Ford Fiesta offers? I am looking at it after being put off by the Ecosport's 180 day waiting period.
Ford had so much time before they launched the Ecosport, they could have got some good production numbers in instead of making Customers wait. Its a marketing failure, if a Customer walks into your showroom and is not able to buy your product off-the-shelf. Yes, there are exceptions to the rule, like Ferrari, but Ford cannot have any excuses
Old 29th June 2013, 17:46   #3574
BHPian

Quote:

Do you own a petrol or a diesel?? I am looking for the petrol one.
I own a diesel. I have no idea of the petrol version of the new fiesta. But I have heard glowing reports of the petrol version too. (Lacking in power but brilliant handling).

If I were you, in market for a petrol sedan, it would be the Fiat TJet with my eyes closed. God doesn't pack so much fun into a car in that budget range as the TJet.
sriramv.iyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2013, 23:16   #3575
BHPian

Was helping a friend negotiate a purchase of a Hyundai Eon Era+ in Gurgaon. Regular on road price was INR 3.63 lakh exclusive of 3rd year extended warranty. Here is what we finally settled for from Superon Hyundai, Sohna Road-

1. 100% Insurance discount of INR 10k
2. Corporate discount- INR 2K
3. Additional Dealer Discount- INR 10k
4. Sony Car stereo, 2 front speakers, antennae, gear lock, mats and mudflaps at a total discounted price of INR 8k ( we did not want to void warranty so went for the entertainment from the showroom itself)

Final price to be paid- INR 3.48 lakh. Fair deal?
Old 30th June 2013, 13:17   #3576
BHPian

ya currently an offer for Tata Motors employees, suppliers etc is going on upto 31 July.. so if anyone of you have a acquaintance & would like to grab its a great opportunity..
Attached Thumbnails
The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-july-offer.jpg  

007 Bond is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2013, 22:33   #3577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achyutaghosh View Post
we did not want to void warranty so went for the entertainment from the showroom itself

I never knew that installing aftermarket entertainment results in warranty lapse. Is this true?

I am planning to install many other aftermarket gizmos in my new car, like reverse sensors (with 8 sensors instead of normal 4), reverse as well as a front camera (on left front, so that i can always see whats on front), dvr with gps tracker, Garmin GPS. Shall I drop the idea?
Old 30th June 2013, 23:22   #3578
Senior - BHPian

Well, the dealer will try and sell as much stuff to you as is possible by hook or by crook.

You can go ahead and install as much stuff from outside as you desire. Just take care that no wires are spliced or cut and all connections are made by using suitable connectors and adaptors. An intact OE wiring harness = intact warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkhare View Post

I never knew that installing aftermarket entertainment results in warranty lapse. Is this true?
Old 30th June 2013, 23:42   #3579
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 Bond View Post
ya currently an offer for Tata Motors employees, suppliers etc is going on upto 31 July.. so if anyone of you have a acquaintance & would like to grab its a great opportunity..
Safari VX ? Wasn't it discontinued after Storme's launch?
Old 1st July 2013, 13:08   #3580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Safari VX ? Wasn't it discontinued after Storme's launch?
dear some 750 old safari are still to be manufactured till september 2013. later on they may discontinue..

have a great day ahead
Old 1st July 2013, 13:31   #3581
Distinguished - BHPian

Mahindra raises prices for some vehicles by 0.5%.

Quote:
Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd has raised prices of some vehicles by an average 0.5 per cent due to increased input costs, effective July 1,
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/20856234.cms
Old 1st July 2013, 15:33   #3582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Well, the dealer will try and sell as much stuff to you as is possible by hook or by crook.

You can go ahead and install as much stuff from outside as you desire. Just take care that no wires are spliced or cut and all connections are made by using suitable connectors and adaptors. An intact OE wiring harness = intact warranty.
The dealer did not force any accessories but indicated that he might not honor electrical warranty if outside fitments are done. We did argue about wire not being cut etc but at the end of it whatever be the case, he has to honor warranty. My friend who was buying said that he did not want trouble in future from the dealership and negotiated the accessories. The discounted price that we got is lower than the price we would get outside, so there was no loss as such.
Old 1st July 2013, 16:34   #3583
BHPian

Mahindra raises price by 0.5%

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/20856234.cms
Old 1st July 2013, 16:47   #3584
BHPian

Quote:
Same here. I too was looking for Ecosport, more precisely AT. But looks like even the launch will be 1 year ahead. Then again waiting period, may be another month or two. Then I looked for some good used cars like Laura Tsi / Corolla Altis AT etc. But prices were above my budget. I am planning not to go above 12 L for a new one and 8 L for used one. Then I came across the New Fiesta. It's indeed a capable car, I found after my test drive. Though a little costlier, but with some discounts that are offered now, we can manage a decent figure. So I started asking quotes and so far only Elite had responded. They are giving a discount of about 70K cash and 10K worth accessories free for style AT. But on Titanium+ AT they only offer about 45K and no accessories. Comparing both a Titanium+ looks more value. On the availability Style AT is available right away, but have to wait for about 3 months for titanium+ AT. I am yet to hear from the other two dealers. They seems to be not so proactive. Elite sales guy responded very fast with prices. I will update once the other two gives me price quotes.
alexanish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2013, 16:55   #3585
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 Bond View Post
dear some 750 old safari are still to be manufactured till september 2013. later on they may discontinue..

have a great day ahead
That's some news! So they will be discontinuing the Safari after Sep'13? But why only 750? are they sure they won't sell more than 250 odd each month?

To me, it looks more like left over stuff. Since the Safari VX is discontinued now, they are offering such a huge discount, could be a 2012 piece.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks