Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2013, 13:45   #3751
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV2010 View Post
Fiat is offering 1Lakh as Exchange Bonus on Linea, does this apply even for T-jet ?

Update : Called Aadya Motors and they said its only for Multijet. A flat 1 Lakh Exchange Bonus / Discount just by proving a photo copy of RC Book or Insurance of your any existing car.
Are these Lineas 2012 made or 2013 current makes? It really sounds a great deal. Finally feel that Fiat is garnering a lot of interests with its latest marketing schemes.
Old 21st July 2013, 16:01   #3752
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Are these Lineas 2012 made or 2013 current makes? It really sounds a great deal. Finally feel that Fiat is garnering a lot of interests with its latest marketing schemes.
Sorry, I didn't ask them about this. Will check with the SA again.
Old 21st July 2013, 16:07   #3753
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by milu2fast View Post
Why do you want to change from a multijet diesel sedan with more space than a hatchback and good service to 1. Outdated car, 3 cylinder engine (fabia) 2. Expensive and one with handling issues, compared to your current ride??? All this when you have only done 20k in it.
Well, the thing is I have the old model Dzire which is a bit too big for my liking considering I need a small car w decent space. Also, the steering on my-gen dzire is heavier than some new cars available these days.
Keeping in mind all the deals I'm getting for my car, I might go in for brand new Swift or Dzire ZDI.
Hyundai offering a discount of 25-30k on i20 sportz diesel, but is priced at 8.25l in Delhi. Maruti off Swift ZDI for 7.80l (this is w/o any offers although ACI mag says discounts upto 25k can be had).
My requirement is a small car with decent space (Liva, Fabia and Sail are on top), good comfort (Liva, Sail and Fabia), and features (only i20 and to some extent Swift)
All have light steering and good FE and more or less cost same to maintain.
Honestly, I feel I'm rushing things to change car for below reasons so a lot depends if I would change my car on deals i get.
Factor for keeping car:
  • Not getting good value on resale (4.75l when I bought it for c7.4l in 2011) which makes it a charge of 3lacs for 20kms in less than 2 years
  • Will need to shelve out another 2.3lacs to get a decent model
  • Honestly car is not giving me any trouble at all, its just that there is a little parking fight in our locality.
  • Parents still like the looks of the car and the car itself
Factors for not keeping car:
  • Lacks some essential features like power mirrors, ABS, airbags
  • Has a heavier steering
  • Don't like the looks and not spacious room inside
  • I really like new Swift, i20 and Fabia (a matter of heart over head)
Old 21st July 2013, 16:56   #3754
BHPian

Fiat has advertised in today's paper . Punto diesel base model @ 4.99 . Spoke to them. The base model ( active) will come to 5.5 OTR . But the higher end version ( emotion ) will come to about 7.5 OTR . The base model is without ABS and airbag. This car would be primarily driven only in city,so the offer is tempting. Would have preferred a car with safety features. What is your opinion guys?
Old 21st July 2013, 17:09   #3755
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameshdude View Post
Fiat has advertised in today's paper . Punto diesel base model @ 4.99 . Spoke to them. The base model ( active) will come to 5.5 OTR . But the higher end version ( emotion ) will come to about 7.5 OTR . The base model is without ABS and airbag. This car would be primarily driven only in city,so the offer is tempting. Would have preferred a car with safety features. What is your opinion guys?
Is this offer for 2012 or 2013 car?
When I last checked with Dealer in my town OTR price for 2013 Punto Active was 6.71 and after discounts net OTR was coming to around 5.95. @5.5 and if its 2013 make, the pricing is damn attractive for the beauty.
Even I am in favour of all the safety features of emotions, if they give similar discounts on emotion, it will cost around 7L in Madhya Pradesh. Damn Good Price. As a new car for me is on cards and my heart is all out for the beauty called Punto, I may buy one immediately at that price.
rkhare is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2013, 17:31   #3756
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameshdude View Post
Even if its for city driving, don't compromise of safety aids and choose the top-end Emotion variant. 7.5 lakhs OTR looks to be a good price for what it offers.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2013, 22:19   #3757
Senior - BHPian

I found these offers published in today's Delhi Times (TOI's supplementery) worth sharing.

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-getima.png

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-getimag.png

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-getimage.png
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2013, 08:29   #3758
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for OT:

How do manufacturers afford giving away foriegn tours as a discount for buying a new car? Whats the logic when they cant give the same amount as cash discount or discount on accessories?

Would like to read any ownership reveiws where any forum member has opted for such gimmicks and gone for the trip overseas.
Old 22nd July 2013, 09:08   #3759
BHPian

Team... Finally decided to go with a 2nd generation Honda City V MT instead of a used one.
Let me know if the following quote from Dakshin is good or if there's a better price elsewhere in Bangalore.

10 lacs OTR includes comprehensive insurance+free road side assistance +reverse sensors +accessories

I will try to ask for 0% depreciation insurance add on .

Also Let me know if any of you are interested to group up so we can negotiate a better price.

Mod note: Please avoid acronyms like NHC and use the full name of the car

Last edited by noopster : 22nd July 2013 at 09:48.
Old 22nd July 2013, 09:18   #3760
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Sorry for OT:

How do manufacturers afford giving away foriegn tours as a discount for buying a new car? Whats the logic when they cant give the same amount as cash discount or discount on accessories?

Would like to read any ownership reveiws where any forum member has opted for such gimmicks and gone for the trip overseas.
Ghodlur, you will find that not every customer gets to go on a foreign trip. They might pick 'one lucky winner' that will be in micro fine print!
Old 22nd July 2013, 21:16   #3761
BHPian

Don't know if this is noticed by the group, the XUV has undergone a price cut of nearly 20K for W6 and 30 K for W8. New pricing in BLR are W6: 11,99,174 W8: 13,56,493 W8 (AWD) 14,65,519

Don't know if discounts are available on top of this. There used to be a 8 K corporate discount. A monsoon offer of 25 K (if its announced, which is likely?) will in my view make the pricing of this more sensible.
Old 22nd July 2013, 22:42   #3762
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV2010 View Post
I have been offered this from VV Palace Cross for Vento TDI Highline.

Free Insurance from Bajaj
Cash Discount of 10k
Corp Discount of 8k
Negotiating Free Essential Pack
Discount of Rs. 1,100 on Drive Assure (0% Dep Insurance )

Ex Showroom Price after Discount = Rs. 9,80,912
RTO Tax = Rs. 1,52,434 (15.54%)
RTO Charges = Rs. 10,000
This is what I've been offered from Elite VW

Car details:

Vento Highline TDi

Ex-showroom - 999912 (I need to check this again - don't have the work-sheet with me)

Free 3 years Comprehensive insurance from Bajaj Allianz

(If I want Zero depreciation, I'll have to pay the extra - ~10K directly to Bajaj Allianz)

They removed the Reverse Parking system which was about 28k - they mentioned that this system interferes with the bluetooth system in the car and hence they are not providing this.

AMC covers all labor and consumables as per maintenance schedule

No corp discount (as I am not working for an MNC)

No cash discount

Finance details:

Down-payment 340000

Loan - 900000

Option 1:

Interest rate: 10.32% for 3 years

EMI: 29196 + AMC - 796/ month = 29992

Option 2:

Interest rate: 11.10% for 5 years

EMI: 19434 + AMC 796 / month = 20224

What do you guys think?
Old 22nd July 2013, 22:59   #3763
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
This is what I've been offered from Elite VW

Car details:

Vento Highline TDi

Ex-showroom - 999912 (I need to check this again - don't have the work-sheet with me)

Free 3 years Comprehensive insurance from Bajaj Allianz

(If I want Zero depreciation, I'll have to pay the extra - ~10K directly to Bajaj Allianz)

They removed the Reverse Parking system which was about 28k - they mentioned that this system interferes with the bluetooth system in the car and hence they are not providing this.

AMC covers all labor and consumables as per maintenance schedule

No corp discount (as I am not working for an MNC)

No cash discount

Finance details:

Down-payment 340000

Loan - 900000

Option 1:

Interest rate: 10.32% for 3 years

EMI: 29196 + AMC - 796/ month = 29992

Option 2:

Interest rate: 11.10% for 5 years

EMI: 19434 + AMC 796 / month = 20224

What do you guys think?
1. Do not opt for AMC as you can pay the actual amount during the 1st service. Why burden it again with a monthly EMI? OR You can also make a simple RD in any bank and put Rs. 800 into it monthly and during your first service at the end of the year you can just close the RD and get back the money with interest.

2. I talked to Bajaj, they said Drive Assure cannot be added later but you will have to add while you are buying the insurance. Please confirm from them again. The cost they came up was Rs. 8,600 for the first year for me. Also note that the 3yr Insurance they are providing will have a depreciation of 20% for the 2nd year and 30% for the 3rd year.

3. Ask them for a free Essential Kit and few chrome strips to be given for free. You have to bargain hard for the chrome strips.

4. There is a exchange bonus of Rs. 20,000. You can avail this if you are planning to sell your old car.

5. Elite Motors has few numbers of 2012 models lying at their yards so please make sure you are getting the 2013 model.

6. If anyone in your family is working in any MNC then you can avail the corp discount even if you are not working. All they need is a HR Letter and a ID Card.

7. Elite Motors offered me 2K discount on top of this, So i guess you can push for it.
Old 23rd July 2013, 10:10   #3764
BHPian

Re: Audi Cars To Cost More!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowhun View Post
But the unfortunate thing is that, if and when the Rupee regains, the prices will not be lowered again. Leading to higher profit margins for the manufacturers no doubt, but a losing situation for the buyer.
As an example, the same thing happened with the Accord. There was a time when the Honda Accord was the same price as that of a Laura, but now competes with the Superb instead.

I don't the rupee appreciates significantly from here especially with the RBI postulating a hawkish stance and CAD ballooning. Better get used to the INR with a 6 handle.
Old 23rd July 2013, 12:02   #3765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arepalli99 View Post
Team... Finally decided to go with a 2nd generation Honda City V MT instead of a used one.
Let me know if the following quote from Dakshin is good or if there's a better price elsewhere in Bangalore.

10 lacs OTR includes comprehensive insurance+free road side assistance +reverse sensors +accessories

I will try to ask for 0% depreciation insurance add on .

Also Let me know if any of you are interested to group up so we can negotiate a better price.

Mod note: Please avoid acronyms like NHC and use the full name of the car
Just wanted to confirm are Honda really providing 1 lakh discount on V MT?
Is this a 2013 Model?

Please confirm

Most Viewed