Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2013, 20:28   #4156
Senior - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidwadia View Post
Any idea of the discounts along with this offer? Or is it in lieu of the cash discounts?
Either discounts or 0% Interest loan. But i think you can negotiate for around 50K to 75K off + 0% interest loan.
Old 25th September 2013, 01:01   #4157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Have you been able to find an automatic? I believe dealers are not taking bookings for it as it has been discontinued.
That's correct. New model coming in January. Honda will officially announce by next month, once dealers clear their current stock.
Old 25th September 2013, 13:15   #4158
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

My brother is in the market for a Petrol hatch. He is finalising i20 Sportz Petrol from Pune.

Total OTR = 658000 (including all discounts)

He gets following as free:
Leather Seat Covers - skin fit (Hyundai Brand)
Filming (Windshield + Windows)
Mud Flaps
Mats
Door Scuff Plates and
Perfume.

Is this deal good in current market?
Old 25th September 2013, 13:32   #4159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
My brother is in the market for a Petrol hatch. He is finalising i20 Sportz Petrol from Pune.

Total OTR = 658000 (including all discounts)

He gets following as free:
Leather Seat Covers - skin fit (Hyundai Brand)
Filming (Windshield + Windows)
Mud Flaps
Mats
Door Scuff Plates and
Perfume.

Is this deal good in current market?
I would avoid the films and get something else in place, such as reverse parking sensors with camera. You never know when the traffic police stops you and fines you for the films.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2013, 13:39   #4160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
I would avoid the films and get something else in place, such as reverse parking sensors with camera. You never know when the traffic police stops you and fines you for the films.
Can you suggest some other accessory? i20 Sportz already has the Reverse Parking Camera.
Old 25th September 2013, 15:58   #4161
BHPian

Request all to add the waiting periods also in your posts about the deals you made. This is useful information for prospective buyers.
Old 25th September 2013, 17:48   #4162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can you suggest some other accessory? i20 Sportz already has the Reverse Parking Camera.
I just read through the features on the Sportz variant and it seems to have almost all necessary features.

All I think of now is
1) Map MY India navigation unit
2) 3M Under body coating

All the best!
Old 25th September 2013, 18:21   #4163
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. is all set to increase the prices of all its cars by next month. Here is the link:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/b...w/23052419.cms
Old 25th September 2013, 19:49   #4164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
MMI does have the best maps but there is no need to spend money on a stand alone unit nowadays what with the smart phones offering the same service. Most service providers use MMI maps so you can select one accordingly.

As for the 3M coating it is a complete waste of money.

All cars undergo treatments in the manufacturer's paint shops that include dipping in phosphate tanks and zinc spray. These treatments completely eliminate the need for any aftermarket underbody spray etc. for reasons related to corrosion. If you rip open/heavily scratch your car's underbody sure enough have the underbody coating done after repairs but for a new car it is well, worthless.

That money is better spent on getting the new car's paint looked after. 3M offers a paint sealer coating and that is indeed worthwhile. Another company offers something called the Opti coat which is also very good.

Yet another accessory that could be bought/upgraded is the sound system. This of course would depend on the owner's interest towards the same.

Last but definitely not the least could be a tire upgrade to better quality than OE tires or maybe switching from steel wheels to alloys. Here I am not suggesting upsizing but better quality products in the same/OE sizes.

Quote:
All I think of now is
1) Map MY India navigation unit
2) 3M Under body coating
Old 25th September 2013, 20:27   #4165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
As for the 3M coating it is a complete waste of money.

All cars undergo treatments in the manufacturer's paint shops that include dipping in phosphate tanks and zinc spray. These treatments completely eliminate the need for any aftermarket underbody spray etc. for reasons related to corrosion. If you rip open/heavily scratch your car's underbody sure enough have the underbody coating done after repairs but for a new car it is well, worthless.
This might be useful for another reason: that slight improvement in sound deadening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
That money is better spent on getting the new car's paint looked after. 3M offers a paint sealer coating and that is indeed worthwhile. Another company offers something called the Opti coat which is also very good.

There's a thread that talks about how this sealant is bad because a small layer of clearcoat is lost in the process.
Old 25th September 2013, 23:01   #4166
BHPian

Hello,

I was planning to buy a Ritz Vxi in Bangalore.

The dealers here are offering offering just the following discounts.

20k - Consumer offer
20k - Exchange bonus
Basic Accessory - free

Thats it. Both Bimal and Prahtham Motors are offering the same. Is this a good deal? Did anyone buy Ritz recently from Bangalore with a better deal?
Old 26th September 2013, 00:04   #4167
Senior - BHPian

Correct and Correct

however, there are cheaper ways to damp a vehicle &

every time our cars are polished a bit of clear coat is rubbed away. However the qty. is negligible and there are processes that do not involve this step especially for a new car.

Since we are going OT here we could discuss in detail on an appropriate thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshov View Post
This might be useful for another reason: that slight improvement in sound deadening.

There's a thread that talks about how this sealant is bad because a small layer of clearcoat is lost in the process.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2013, 19:23   #4168
Senior - BHPian

Guys, my brother is on the verge of booking a Linea mjd emotion, what kind of discounts are we looking at?

The OTR Delhi is 10.8, though.
Old 27th September 2013, 19:30   #4169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Guys, my brother is on the verge of booking a Linea mjd emotion, what kind of discounts are we looking at?

The OTR Delhi is 10.8, though.
You get 1L cash discount if you exchange your old car or provide RC book and insurance copy to dealer. Plus you also get corporate discount and freebies like Rear parking sensor, cover etc.
djay99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2013, 17:25   #4170
BHPian

Was scouting for a new Premium/Luxury sedan in the market. The following discounts are on offer for the 3 Germans.

C - Class - On the AvantGarde model, the dealer is offering a flat 4 Lacs cash discount. The car retails for 40 lacs OTR Delhi. After first round of discussion, it is 36L OTR. This is just on phone, yet to meet the dealer.

BMW 320d - Sports Line - Car retails for 39.5 OTR Delhi, dealer offering 2.5L cash discount on phone. Coming to about 37L OTR.

Audi A4 - Premium Plus (143ps) - Car retails for 39.9 OTR. Had a one to one with the dealer. Initially offering 3.5L, and came to about 6L discount. Final OTR price is 33.8L.

Kindly suggest/apprise in case anyone has better discounts. Plan is to get something in 30L range. Not considering S60 currently. Any indicative idea on the discounts on offer.

Also, anyone else looking at an A4 kindly get in touch, dealer would offer better discounts in case of more than 1 booking.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks