Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2014, 14:27   #5056
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roomy View Post
Sorry guys, my bad. I got them mixed up.

Insurance is 51280 and Road tax is 24367.
its the other way round. Anyways go for insurgence from outside, you will still save some money.
ckranjan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2014, 14:40   #5057
MHG
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roomy View Post
Variant: Pulse RXL with ABS
EX showroom: 636000
Insurance(Bumper to Bumper): 51280
Road Tax and Regn:24367
Handling:8800

Total: 720447
Discount:116300

Onroad: 604147
They are fleecing you in handling charges. I mean proper fleecing.

If you take this matter up and escalate, most showrooms will usually relent and remove it.
Old 21st November 2014, 16:41   #5058
BHPian

Getting insurance from outside will probably save you around Rs 3000 at least. I'm not sure if any dealer would completely get rid off the handling charges but If you can swing that, it's a good deal
Old 25th November 2014, 13:14   #5059
BHPian

FIAT SE just called and asked if I was interested in the Linea T-Jet ( I had taken a TD), he had mentioned a possibility of discount on a beige T-Jet waiting in their Yard.

I asked what sort of a discount he can provide to which he counter-requested me to let him know what I expect.

What would be a good discount on the T-jet if booked during December?, I am assuming the car is at least a month old and max 2 months.

Slick
Old 26th November 2014, 15:56   #5060
Senior - BHPian

I went to Maruti Suzuki Showroom in Solapur, Chavan Motors on Sunday to take quotation for Swift ZDI and Dzire ZDI. (I am inclined towards Swift since dont know when will MS launch new Dzire).
The Price quoted is as below-
Swift Zdi-
Ex-Showroom- 711128/-
Insurance- 30038/-
Rto & Reg- 84474/-
CRTM- 1000/-
Ext. Warranty- 9600/-
Acc- None
On Road Price- 836240/-
Cash Discount- None
Effective Price- 836240/-

Swift Dzire Zdi-
Ex-Showroom- 746702/-
Insurance- 24988/-
Rto & Reg- 88387/-
CRTM- 1000/-
Ext. Warranty- 10893/-
Acc- None
On Road Price- 871970/-
Cash Discount- 10000/-
Effective Price- 861970/-

On asking the Sales Representative told that-
1. The Effective Price includes LBT.
2. CRTM is Temp. Passing Fee and is applicable even if I am going to register the car in same city and without that the car's passing cannot be done.
3. The Insurance of Swift is higher than Dzire as per his price list even if Ex-showroom price of Dzire is higher.

Also today when I took our Indigo XL Grand Dicor (LWB) to know the exchange details, he took xerox copies of RC and Ins. and told me that he ask his senior and report me tomorrow about the price. He asked me my expectation which I told atleast 2 lakhs. On asking him approx. price that I can expect from them, he told 1.25 lakhs plus or minus 5-10k since the Dicor is not so popular in Used car market.

Edit-
The Indigo has covered 196456 kms and is May 2007 model.

I will be doing Insurance and Reg. myself (though I have not told this to them yet).

Last edited by IndigoXLGrandDi : 26th November 2014 at 16:04.
Old 26th November 2014, 16:16   #5061
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
Swift Zdi-
Insurance- 30038/-

Swift Dzire Zdi-
Insurance- 24988/-
This is quite illogical. What could be the reason behind swift having more insurance premium than the Dzire though it being priced approx. 50k less. Didn't you ask the dealer for the reason.

Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Thanks!

Last edited by Aditya : 27th November 2014 at 10:53. Reason: Trimming quote
Old 26th November 2014, 16:40   #5062
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Insurance of Swift is higher than Dzire as per his price list even if Ex-showroom price of Dzire is higher.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajamuneeb View Post
This is quite illogical. What could be the reason behind swift having more insurance premium than the Dzire though it being priced approx. 50k less. Didn't you ask the dealer for the
reason.
The only thing thats possible is the dealer probably got the Insurance amount mixed up. Otherwise no way the Insurance on Swift can be more than Dzire due to difference in the ex showroom cost. Unless the database (or Insurer) from where the dealer got the quote must have been old and not updated to reflect the correct (current) Ex Showroom prices.
Old 26th November 2014, 17:42   #5063
Senior - BHPian

I had asked the Sales Representative about the insurance figures of both even told him how can a vehicle of lower ex-showroom price have a higher premium but he told me that the insurance figures are correct. The swift has more insurance premium than dzire and those figures too are tentative and actual figure will be applicable at the time of delivery of car.

As I will be exchanging our old car, I might get priority in delivery of New Swift.

Also is the price offered by them for our old car justified?
Old 26th November 2014, 18:15   #5064
BHPian

Quote:
As I will be exchanging our old car, I might get priority in delivery of New Swift.

Also is the price offered by them for our old car justified?
Don't fall into the insurance trap.
If you have the NCB on your old car still intact, get the NCB transferred to the new car. There you will save almost 40% of the insurance on the new car.

Think about it. There are plenty of threads in Team-Bhp on this.
Old 26th November 2014, 18:24   #5065
Senior - BHPian

I am already aware of this Mahadev (as I learnt about this on tbhp long back) but thanks for pointing that.
I have the NCB intact on the Indigo (I have not checked but may be 45-50%) but will not be able to claim it since I cannot sell that car to the dealer and to claim NCB of old car on new, I will need to sell the car (i.e. RC should mention New Owner name).
I will use this while renewing the policy next year.

Sorry if Off Topic
Old 26th November 2014, 20:50   #5066
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Offers on the A4 & A6.

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...a6-391866.aspx

Quote:
As a celebration for 10,000 new customers in 2014, Audi has announced some offers on the A4 and A6 sedans. The cars can now be had with free service for three years or till 45,000km, whichever is first; three years warranty, insurance and road side assistance. What you need to know though is that these benefits are only applicable on the first 300 bookings pan-India after the offer has been announced. Audi is giving this offer on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Old 28th November 2014, 09:52   #5067
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
FIAT SE just called and asked if I was interested in the Linea T-Jet ( I had taken a TD), he had mentioned a possibility of discount on a beige T-Jet waiting in their Yard.

I asked what sort of a discount he can provide to which he counter-requested me to let him know what I expect.

What would be a good discount on the T-jet if booked during December?, I am assuming the car is at least a month old and max 2 months.
Fiat is offering discounts of over 1L for linea mjd. Ask him for this offer for Tjet. Initially he will not agree but he may come closer to it. Fiat is struggling to sell linea tjets.
djay99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2014, 13:35   #5068
Senior - BHPian

You can transfer the NCB without selling your old car.
Get your insurer to transfer the NCB to your new car's policy and buy a new policy for the old car.

1. You will have to get both cars insured by the current insurance company

2. New insurance for old car will be on depreciated value hence even with 0% NCB it will still be very economical.

Quote:
I am already aware of this Mahadev (as I learnt about this on tbhp long back) but thanks for pointing that.
I have the NCB intact on the Indigo (I have not checked but may be 45-50%) but will not be able to claim it since I cannot sell that car to the dealer and to claim NCB of old car on new, I will need to sell the car (i.e. RC should mention New Owner name).
I will use this while renewing the policy next year.

Sorry if Off Topic
khoj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2014, 17:53   #5069
BHPian

Anyone aware of any offers on the Polo Highline (P)? I have got a quotation of 7.15Lakhs in Pune inclusive of the local tax. The offer I have been told is free insurance + 3k corporate discount. Effectively it is coming to 6.9lakhs + 5k for zero dep insurance.
Any thing more that I can get?
Old 30th November 2014, 19:38   #5070
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapnilup View Post
Anyone aware of any offers on the Polo Highline (P)? I have got a quotation of 7.15Lakhs in Pune inclusive of the local tax. The offer I have been told is free insurance + 3k corporate discount. Effectively it is coming to 6.9lakhs + 5k for zero dep insurance.
Any thing more that I can get?
Hi swapnilup, Ritwik here. You have commented in my thread "utterly confused...."

I being in the same boat as you are I would think you should wait till January next year. As VW doesn't sell that much you can get of mouth watering deals if you buy a 2014 manufactured model in 2015. That is providing you are fine with that.

If memory serves me right this year in January they were giving flat discounts of 50k on petrol models of polo manufactured in 2013.

So it seems you are going ahead with purchase of polo

I guess you listened to your heart.....congratulations

And yes....please give me your experiences and feedback as soon as you buy your new car. I will be taking the plunge in 2015 and your feedback will be greatly helpful for me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks