Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2016, 13:55   #6076
Team-BHP Support

Re: Mahindra offering heavy discounts to push sales

By the way, dealers are trying to be Mr Smartpants. They are simply refusing to acknowledge this discount. Currently I am in the market to pick up an XUV for a friend and colleague. But to get them to agree to this discount is proving difficult.

I have seen this earlier also. My understanding is that a good part of these discounts go from the dealer margins as well. This also reduces the sale commission of the people who work on the showroom floors, which they absolutely hate to see. So if the dealer does not have any stock lying in his yard which he wants to exhaust before the year-end they just refuse to get you new vehicles at such steep discounts!

Last edited by Zappo : 2nd December 2016 at 13:57.
Zappo is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2016, 14:14   #6077
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
By the way, dealers are trying to be Mr Smartpants. They are simply refusing to acknowledge this discount.
Is this across all dealers? Perhaps some dealers are more desperate than others, and will offer the discounts.

Also, it might be useful to contact Mahindra directly - they may be able to provide a confirmation on discounts, and/or point you to a dealer that is giving these discounts. I don't know how helpful they will be, but might be worth a shot, given the large potential benefit, for the negligible cost.
Old 2nd December 2016, 14:28   #6078
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponkermania View Post
Also, it might be useful to contact Mahindra directly - they may be able to provide a confirmation on discounts, and/or point you to a dealer that is giving these discounts. I don't know how helpful they will be, but might be worth a shot, given the large potential benefit, for the negligible cost.
I got this from M&M office. Told my friend but yesterday he called up and told me that the dealer is simply telling him some stories. Will have to involve M&M if needed.
Zappo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2016, 17:06   #6079
BHPian

Quote:
By the way, dealers are trying to be Mr Smartpants. They are simply refusing to acknowledge this discount. Currently I am in the market to pick up an XUV for a friend and colleague. But to get them to agree to this discount is proving difficult.
Wait for 2017 to arrive and the discounts on 2016 manufactured units will increase significantly. 3-4 month old unit commands a huge discount in new year.
revharder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2016, 18:18   #6080
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by revharder View Post
Wait for 2017 to arrive and the discounts on 2016 manufactured units will increase significantly. 3-4 month old unit commands a huge discount in new year.
XUVs dont last that long. I see every year. Around this time M&M does its backyard cleaning with some yummy offers (89000+corporate disc+exchange+any other = huge discount). All the current model year vehicles get sold out by the year end, one way or the other.
Zappo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2016, 23:44   #6081
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I have seen this earlier also. My understanding is that a good part of these discounts go from the dealer margins as well. This also reduces the sale commission of the people who work on the showroom floors, which they absolutely hate to see. So if the dealer does not have any stock lying in his yard which he wants to exhaust before the year-end they just refuse to get you new vehicles at such steep discounts!
A lot of haggling also goes on with the sales guys (or gals) for better bargains. It all depends on the time factor or season as some prefer to call it. During festivals, its hard to come by and now during the demonetisation recession its the in thing.

The discounted amounts vary from dealer to dealer, as the forewent amounts from the dealer's commissions are different.
anjan_c2007 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2016, 00:53   #6082
BHPian

Hyderabad Vvc motors has following discounts when enquired on phone
XUV500

W4,W6- 30k+ 11k+10k
W8,W10-40k+11k+10k

Last edited by west : 4th December 2016 at 00:55.
Old 4th December 2016, 07:57   #6083
Senior - BHPian

People who will buy new cars now will face severe depreciation in 2017 as old stocks will be pushed by Car manufacturers. As revharder has pointed out hold on till February and you will get more discounts. Loans will become cheaper and stocks will pile up at the dealer.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2016, 11:01   #6084
BHPian

Quote:
XUVs dont last that long. I see every year. Around this time M&M does its backyard cleaning with some yummy offers (89000+corporate disc+exchange+any other = huge discount). All the current model year vehicles get sold out by the year end, one way or the other.
In February this very year, we brought one XUV in family. It was manufactured in October last year. Haggled a bit and got some unheard of discounts. It happens every year with all manufacturers. You need to check with several dealerships.
Old 5th December 2016, 11:19   #6085
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revharder View Post
In February this very year, we brought one XUV in family. It was manufactured in October last year. Haggled a bit and got some unheard of discounts. It happens every year with all manufacturers. You need to check with several dealerships.
What was the discount you were able to get and where ( which location?)
Old 5th December 2016, 12:05   #6086
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Toyota to increase prices by up to 3% in January 2017.

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2016, 12:34   #6087
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Toyota to increase prices by up to 3% in January 2017.

Link
Don't know why Toyota keep on increasing the price across its range of vehicles frequently. I think they should cut down price of Fortuner and keep it inline with Ford endeavour.
roby_dk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th December 2016, 12:44   #6088
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Don't know why Toyota keep on increasing the price across its range of vehicles frequently. I think they should cut down price of Fortuner and keep it inline with Ford endeavour.
Infact Toyota is very stable as far as price increases are concerned. You will be surprised to see frequency at which Toyota (for that matter even Maruti) increases prices is relatively low than M&M, Hyundai, Renault and others. Yes you can argue that their base itself is high, but they do hold on to their prices slightly longer than a few others.
Old 5th December 2016, 13:22   #6089
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by west View Post
Hyderabad Vvc motors has following discounts when enquired on phone
XUV500

W4,W6- 30k+ 11k+10k
W8,W10-40k+11k+10k
Go back and haggle some more. They should be giving you a total of around 79k for the W4 and W6 and 89k for the W8 and W10. Already extracted that from them after some messy and tiring negotiations. In case they do not agree reach out to Mahindra. You will figure a way out.
Old 5th December 2016, 19:47   #6090
Distinguished - BHPian

Post demonetization and to lure customers here are the discounts being offered,

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-1.jpg
The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-2.jpg
The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-3.jpg
The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-4.jpg
The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-5.jpg

ET
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks