Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2016, 15:19   #6196
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunramaswamy View Post
Would you possibly know if they are offering any discounts on the base LT model?
Hey Arun,
Discounts are on for the complete Cruze Lineup, the LT variant works out to be around Rs. 15.37 OTR (Delhi Registration), you can safely account for a discount of about Rs. 70-75K on the base variant as well.
I never really was looking for the manual variant of Cruze, however, the SE did mention to me that the discounts are across the board and said that a 30K discount was being offered off the shelf itself.
Old 19th December 2016, 16:10   #6197
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowhun View Post
The GT pre-LCI has very limited pieces left available at the plant. And apparently the demand is fairly good so they are not offering any major deals on it per se. I have been negotiating hard for it for the past 2 months yet the dealer in Delhi is unwilling to go beyond 6L on the pre-LCI. I spooke with the dealer in Hyd as well, and they have rather poor discounts on all cars. The 5-series is available for close to 12 Lacs off the ex-showroom, whereas in Hyd the dealer is unwilling to budge beyond 5L.

I spoke to a friend who works with BMW India (the company, not the dealership), and he verified that there isn't much of a discount on the GT pre-LCI or LCI.

Anyways, I have decided to go ahead with the 320d Luxury Line since it has a newer engine now, and booked it earlier today. Imperial Blue with Saddle Brown interiors.
I am thinking of picking up a BMW X3 30d for me - after a lot of deliberation and hesitation. While GT is much comfortable than a 3 series, it doesn't feel good to see a similar car (3 series) is available at almost 10 lakhs less. Not sure if a GT is worth that kind of premium.
Old 19th December 2016, 18:09   #6198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post
I am thinking of picking up a BMW X3 30d for me - after a lot of deliberation and hesitation. While GT is much comfortable than a 3 series, it doesn't feel good to see a similar car (3 series) is available at almost 10 lakhs less. Not sure if a GT is worth that kind of premium.
If the prices are looked at without discounts, then the GT and the 3-series are priced at the same price-points, with the GT actually being much better value.
Only after taking the discounts into play, does it become a tad unreasonable. If it wasn't the year end and the discount on the 3 wasn't so tempting, I would have definitely taken the GT. The 3 itself has better driving dynamics and sleek looks going for it over the GT certainly.
rowhun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2016, 15:26   #6199
BHPian

I am in the market for XUV 5OO AT, surprisingly, in Hyderabad, Mahindra ran out of 2016 models (except very few). Wow, what a planning from Mahindra.

Alternatively, tempted for Ford Endy 2.2/AT-Trend, got quote of 27.9L. Is this the best price ?
Old 20th December 2016, 17:52   #6200
BHPian

Hi friends,

I am planning to book a Kwid 1.0 this week and went to the showroom last Sunday. There were some Dec Celebrations in almost all the dealerships (including Renault) but when I inquired about offers for Kwid, I was told there is none. Do you guys have any pointers on the offers for Kwid in Bangalore? I desperately need to book a car at the earliest.
Old 21st December 2016, 17:14   #6201
BHPian

Hey Guys just wanted to know what is the best offers you have got for the following cars, thinking of exchanging my Rapid, need a reliable work horse which is cheap to maintain, looking at the following cars:

1. Nexa Baleno
2. Ford Figo
3. New Rapid

Can you help with the best offers you guys have got for any of the above cars. Trying to make use of the year end discounts.

TIA
Old 21st December 2016, 18:08   #6202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeshock View Post
1. Nexa Baleno
2. Ford Figo
3. New Rapid

Can you help with the best offers you guys have got for any of the above cars. Trying to make use of the year end discounts.

TIA
Even though it's Year End, the discounts aren't that pretty high, especially on the cars you've listed.

Baleno is in demand, and there are Zero Discounts on it. Tried my best for Free Insurance & Loyalty Bonus, but failed in getting so. Anyway, the car is already cheaper then it's rivals. Hence booked one last week.

I also checked the Figo before booking Baleno, after haggle, I was offered Free Insurance, but since I was looking at Petrol Version, decided to leave the Figo.

Rapid is having good discounts on Pre-Facelifted models (Provided the dealer has them), while new models are having the Financial Scheme of Buy Now, & Pay in 2018. I don't have much details of this scheme, call the dealer & ask him these 2 options, you should be able to get one of them.
CarguyNish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2016, 18:57   #6203
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda superb also seems to have this buy now pay in 2018 scheme, which is surprising since it is a newly released car.
Old 21st December 2016, 19:38   #6204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Skoda superb also seems to have this buy now pay in 2018 scheme, which is surprising since it is a newly released car.
Yes, but you'll also have to consider the fact that more then offer/discount, it's a Financial Scheme. Many people will be buying this car by Finance. So, this scheme will be an option for them from the company side, whether they choose it or not.
Old 21st December 2016, 20:31   #6205
BHPian

Here are couple of updates from Hyderabad:

As stated earlier, there is 60k discount offered on Jazz vx diesel. BRV also has some good discounts but the dashboard and interiors put me off a little.

Renault is offering 80k cash discount on OTR on RXZ 110 Duster. And SA said straight no for further discounts.

No discounts on new Rapid and as per the SA there are no old Rapid available with Mahavir Skoda. In Oct they offered almost 130k discount on Style DSG variant it seems. Very nice experience with the SA at Mahavir Auto.

VW Ameo there is discount of around 10-15k on Highline DSG.

If anyone has any idea on Ecosport discounts, please do let me know. I am completely confused with this car selection process which can be reflected in the cars I listed. God plz help

P.S All most all brands stated that there will be increase in price to the tune of 3% come January. I am confused whether to buy now or wait and see if Jan will have good discounts.

Last edited by arun_kun : 21st December 2016 at 20:33.
Old 23rd December 2016, 09:31   #6206
BHPian

Hello guys

Booked a Renault Lodgy Stepway RXZ 85 PS at Vizag. The dealer is offering 20k discount plus 7k corporate discount plus 5k discount on the accessories. The total cost (including 10k handling charges) is 10,64,000. Less the discounts it's coming out to be 10,37,000 ex showroom.

Now my queries are :-
Are handling charges legal?

Are there any other discounts that are being offered by the Renault dealership that anyone is aware of?

I was told that 80k discount is available on the plain RXZ models but not on the stepway version.

Thanks and cheers
Old 23rd December 2016, 09:53   #6207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter3077 View Post
Booked a Renault Lodgy...
So met a dealer recently. He was explaining that the handling charges are normally money paid to RTOs. Right from running the showrooms TR plates on their test drive cars, to per individual registration to the 5 Ltrs gas they fill are all included in these handling charges. You can negotiate and probably have it waived.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 29th December 2016 at 03:46. Reason: Please do not quote entire large posts. It inconveniences our small screen and mobile users.
Old 25th December 2016, 16:35   #6208
BHPian

Hi guys, I'm looking at the entry level models for the big three here in Delhi. I've had a look at the X1 (sdrive xline) and the new A4. The discount I'm getting on the x1 is about 4.25 lacs and that on the A4 is about 5 lacs. Is it good or anything more is possible. This is all OTR discount and both are not ready to talk on ex showroom. Also, the normal talk that this is the offer for this month and prices are expected to go up by 3% next month along with a reduction in discounts. How true can this be? My assumption is that next month the discounts should only go up further since these would still be 2016 stock. What do u guys think
Thanks
Old 25th December 2016, 20:07   #6209
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
the discount I'm getting on the x1 is about 4.25 lacs and that on the A4 is about 5 lacs. Is it good or anything more is possible.
If I recollect, discounts on A4 are more, like 8-9 Lac check some newspaper ad they gave a few days ago. X1 - you can negotiate 4,5-5.
Old 26th December 2016, 07:14   #6210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_kun View Post
Here are couple of updates from Hyderabad:

As stated earlier, there is 60k discount offered on Jazz vx diesel. BRV also has some good discounts but the dashboard and interiors put me off a little....will have good discounts.

Thanks for the update man. We are also in the market to purchase an automatic sedan in Hyderabad. Haven't had much success on getting discounts on AMEO.

I already own a Rapid DSG in Pune, so we are not keen on getting one more RAPID in Hyderabad. Also RAPID prices have gone up compared to the previous model. Same is the case for Vento. Ameo is looking VFM but the dealer is not budging on any discounts.
Honda City is up for a facelift and heard of very poor mileage by City CVT.

I think we will go with AMEO in the next year. Keep me posted on your search as well.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 29th December 2016 at 03:46. Reason: Please do not quote entire large posts. It inconveniences our small screen and mobile users.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks