Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2017, 16:22   #6331
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

I am looking for a second car (preferably sedan). I saw an advertisement or Skoda Rapid Corporate Edition for 9.99 OTR. Has anyone seen or driven this car lately. It also includes the warranty and maintenance for 4 years. Seems like a good deal but am I missing something? The wheels and ICE are not to my liking. Would appreciate if anyone can shed light on additional discounts on the 9.99 OTR for this car.
Old 3rd May 2017, 14:13   #6332
Senior - BHPian

Guys what offers are we getting for the entry level luxury sedans. We checked out the CLA, A3 and 3 series. The dealers in Kolkata are going for 2 Lakhs discount max. which I feel is very less. This is for 2017 cars though. The prestige variant is coming to 39.5L. We are pushing for 36L.

Please let me know. Thanks
Old 3rd May 2017, 16:08   #6333
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkmeister View Post
That is the best you can get. Nexa are pretty stingy with discounts. I was interested in the S-Cross and got the same offer which they are giving you. Plus, they said i can have the car the next day without any waiting period.
Yes initially thats what they will offer you. I managed to get 44k (including a corporate discount of 10k) off a Ciaz Alpha Diesel last Friday in Hyderabad. Also I didn't exchange any car and so 20k would be in addition to this.

Go to multiple dealers and tell them you want to buy it right now and whats the best you can offer them?

Take that quote and then then go to the next dealer and ask them to better it.

Repeat till you can't get a lower price

Last edited by manson : 5th May 2017 at 15:12.
Old 3rd May 2017, 17:57   #6334
BHPian

What is the max discount on Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium AT latest model with Sync3 + Inbuilt navigation?
I am getting final on road price to be 36,50,000 with Delhi registration. Anyone getting extended warranty offers?
roby_dk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2017, 14:02   #6335
BHPian

Hi,

Has anyone called and checked this offer?

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-vento.jpg

http://www.volkswagen.co.in/en/model...est-drive.html

Drive home the all new Volkswagen Vento Highline TSI at Rs.9.88 Lakhs*.

Introducing the luxurious and thoughtful Vento with 7-speed automatic DSG transmission now made available at the price of a manual transmission. All of this along with features like a powerful 1.5L TDI or 1.2 TSI engine, steering wheel with audio controls, amazing touch screen infotainment system, cruise control, and many more.

Regards.

Last edited by antardaksh : 7th May 2017 at 14:03.
Old 7th May 2017, 14:04   #6336
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
Hi,

Has anyone called and checked this offer?

Attachment 1636779

Regards.
Looks like a great deal if you want a TSI, but then it also makes you think twice for all the wrong reasons!

7 reasons why the DQ200
Old 7th May 2017, 15:05   #6337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Looks like a great deal if you want a TSI, but then it also makes you think twice for all the wrong reasons!

7 reasons why the DQ200
Agree, though I have to say a price of 9.88L ex-showroom for the Vento TSI, that too highline, is extremely tempting. I wonder if this is a way to clear stocks, or if a way to get rid of the troublesome DQ200 gearboxes.
Old 7th May 2017, 19:44   #6338
BHPian

I got an offer from the dealer for 12.4 Lacs OTR faridabad for Vento TDI DSG Comfortline. Do you think this is a sweet deal? I am currently out in the market shopping for a new car where my running is around 75 KMS / day for daily office commute from Faridabad to Noida. And also would make once a quarter highway trips. Most of the times it will be driven alone and weekend getaways in a quarter with family. I am considering Scross 1.3 Alpha (OTR 11.9), Ecosport Titanium TDCI (OTR 10.7), Titanium+ (11.40), Duster AMT diesel 110 PS (OTR 14.1). I am in a big fix what to choose? Can experts help please?
Old 7th May 2017, 20:11   #6339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoiledBratt View Post
I got an offer from the dealer for 12.4 Lacs OTR faridabad for Vento TDI DSG Comfortline. Do you think this is a sweet deal? I am currently out in the market shopping for a new car where my running is around 75 KMS / day for daily office commute from Faridabad to Noida. And also would make once a quarter highway trips. Most of the times it will be driven alone and weekend getaways in a quarter with family. I am considering Scross 1.3 Alpha (OTR 11.9), Ecosport Titanium TDCI (OTR 10.7), Titanium+ (11.40), Duster AMT diesel 110 PS (OTR 14.1). I am in a big fix what to choose? Can experts help please?
From all the options mentioned by you, the Vento is the one that tugs at your heart's strings the most. If you are comfortable with the reliability issues then just go ahead with it. It's a fab deal.

But if reliability issues and abysmal resale value concern you then S-Cross 1.3 alpha and W-RV VX Diesel are good options. If you can stretch you budget a bit then try for the S-Cross 1.6 alpha. It has a beast of an engine, is well built, practical and fun to drive as well.
fuelinmyveins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2017, 20:17   #6340
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, Is Ciaz not an option? I took a test drive today and came out mighty impressed. Delhi OTR for diesel top model is coming out to be 10.70 minus 35k discounts. Pretty sweet deal IMO
Old 7th May 2017, 20:30   #6341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelinmyveins View Post
From all the options mentioned by you, the Vento is the one that tugs at your heart's strings the most. If you are comfortable with the reliability issues then just go ahead with it. It's a fab deal.

But if reliability issues and abysmal resale value concern you then S-Cross 1.3 alpha and W-RV VX Diesel are good options. If you can stretch you budget a bit then try for the S-Cross 1.6 alpha. It has a beast of an engine, is well built, practical and fun to drive as well.
Honestly I did not like WRV, though I did a TD but I felt it is not properly insulated. Noise filters through the cabin easily. Hence I am not preferring any product from Honda diesel. One question why you did not mention anything about Ecosport?

Quote:
Originally Posted by namanchaudhary View Post
Hi, Is Ciaz not an option? I took a test drive today and came out mighty impressed. Delhi OTR for diesel top model is coming out to be 10.70 minus 35k discounts. Pretty sweet deal IMO
I am actually looking out for a powerful engine and hence the Ciaz. I know Scross also comes with the same engine but is on my list just because of its stance and more GC than a sedan. Because I am shopping cross segment and have an inclination towards SUV and AT diesel. Hence Vento and Duster AMT are under consideration. Ecosport and Scross because they have little higher stance and hence confused overall
Old 7th May 2017, 20:55   #6342
BHPian

Quote:
Honestly I did not like WRV, though I did a TD but I felt it is not properly insulated. Noise filters through the cabin easily. Hence I am not preferring any product from Honda diesel. One question why you did not mention anything about Ecosport?
See if engine noise is the only issue you have with the W-RV then test drive it again because today my dad test drove it and he also agreed that it's much better than jazz and some iterations of 1.3ddis barring ciaz of course (most refiend iteration of 1.3 ddis)

I didn't recommend Ecosport because it does not feel special enough for the price and being an under 4m pseudo SUV , it's neither a spacious-practical hatchback nor a tough SUV. So in the process of trying to be everything, ends up feeling underwhelming.

To put the things into perspective:-

If you want to have a car that has comfort of a sedan, SUV like stance, refined diesel engine coupled with automatic gearbox then stretch your budget and go for Creta automatic with eyes closed. It's fulfills your wish list along with being reliable and having good resale value.

If budget is the limiting factor then:-

If you can bear with crude built quality, outdated interior and exterior, extremely lazy gearbox and sub par service then you may go for duster automatic. The release values though decent are not very good.

If you can let go of automatic gearbox then go for S-Cross.

If you can let go of height then go for vento automatic.

Personally speaking my heart will always say vento but m not brave enough. Every time one passes by, my heart aches and yearns for it but reliability and resale concerns deter me away.

As for mind, i would go with S-CROSS.

Last edited by fuelinmyveins : 7th May 2017 at 21:00.
fuelinmyveins is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2017, 21:26   #6343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelinmyveins View Post
See if engine noise is the only issue you have with the W-RV then test drive it again because today my dad test drove it and he also agreed that it's much better than jazz and some iterations of 1.3ddis barring ciaz of course (most refiend iteration of 1.3 ddis)

I didn't recommend Ecosport because it does not feel special enough for the price and being an under 4m pseudo SUV , it's neither a spacious-practical hatchback nor a tough SUV. So in the process of trying to be everything, ends up feeling underwhelming.
Well said. But I td'ed Ecosport and found the driving dynamics and NVH levels very good with a nice refined engine. What I am unsure about on both scross and ecosport is the pulling power on highways with full load of 5 adults and full boot. I think ecosport performs better here on this aspect compared to Scross 1.3. But definitely scross is spacious and well layed out as an overall package, but what restricts me buying 1.3 is punchy engine?
Old 7th May 2017, 21:37   #6344
BHPian

EcoSport diesel has virtually zero lag and is super refined. With recent updates like addition of touchscreen and navigation the tdci seems like a steal. Space surely is lesser compared to S cross which may be a deal breaker.
hondacity is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2017, 22:39   #6345
BHPian

Quote:
What I am unsure about on both scross and ecosport is the pulling power on highways with full load of 5 adults and full boot. But definitely scross is spacious and well layed out as an overall package, but what restricts me buying 1.3 is punchy engine?
Sir there is no need to worry about that.
1.3 ddis aka our national engine has always been famous for punching above its weight.

0-100 timings for S-Cross 1.3 ddis is 13.72 against 13.67 for Ecosport 100ps.

In case of in-gear acceleration:-

20-80 kmph in 3rd gear
S-CROSS: 13.37
Ecosport: 11.97

40-100 kmph in 4th gear
S-CROSS: 15.47
Ecosport: 20.70

* Source: Autocar India magazine

As you can see that maruti has tuned the engine well and gearing is also spot on.

One thing to note is that Ecosport motor has less lag and S-Cross motor has slightly more lag but once past 2000 RPM, the S-CROSS motor pulls cleanly all the way to 5000 RPM with decent top end. This makes S-CROSS better suited for highway overtaking as can be seen from 40-100 kmph timings.

Full passenger load won't be an issue on the highway.

If power is what you crave then go for S-CROSS 1.6. or go for 1.3 and later you can remap it for more power. There are plenty of S-CROSS 1.3 ownership reviews on Team-BHP, for stock as well as tuned. All seem to be really happy with their machines.

For Indian highway speeds both the cars are good enough ( read more than adequate )

I hope this info clarifies your doubt.

*Disclaimer: the torque on 1.6 ddis and vento TDI often spoil people silly. As they say, absolutely power corrupts absolutely

Last edited by fuelinmyveins : 7th May 2017 at 22:51.
fuelinmyveins is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks