Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2017, 21:21   #6496
BHPian

TCS is an income tax collected in advance. You will get full credit of the amount paid as TCS against your income tax liability for the year. Therefore it's not an addition to the cost of your car.

Also, here in Assam, Road Tax is charged on the basic (pre tax) value of the ex showroom price.

If it's the same case in your state, then you'll need to pay road tax on 9,98,587/- considering the ex showroom price is inclusive of 43% GST.
vikash49 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2017, 21:58   #6497
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikash49 View Post
TCS is an income tax collected in advance. You will get full credit of the amount paid as TCS against your income tax liability for the year. Therefore it's not an addition to the cost of your car.

Also, here in Assam, Road Tax is charged on the basic (pre tax) value of the ex showroom price.

If it's the same case in your state, then you'll need to pay road tax on 9,98,587/- considering the ex showroom price is inclusive of 43% GST.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
TCS is not added to the ex showroom price. It is 1% of the ex showroom price. You will have to pay road tax only on the ex showroom value.
Thanks for the quick replies.
Here in Goa, road tax is charged on ex-showroom price inclusive of all taxes.

I know TCS is refundable but here i am paying road tax not on the official Mahindra provided ex showroom available online, but ex-showroom+TCS cost. Since now my dealer provided ex showroom price has increased, my road tax amount also will increase.The dealer is manipulating the ex showroom cost by adding the 1% TCS to it, thereby showing a higher ex showroom price.

I asked the dealer about this, he claims that he has been doing this for all his customers. I know its a small amount extra that i would be paying the RTO people,( not sure who benefits here) but it doesnt seem ethical to me.

I wont be raising this issue again with the dealer or customer care since all the mahindra service centers in Goa are owned by the same group and i dont want any unpleasantries at the beginning of my ownership.

Just posting here to inform BHPIans of malpractice that is going on.

Regards

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 17th July 2017 at 22:01.
Old 21st July 2017, 20:37   #6498
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

What kind of offers/discounts can be expected on a Mahindra Bolero Camper? (Here in Bengaluru).
- looking at those crew cab (two rows of seating + luggage area at the back) across vendors. Any other suggestions? (Around 10L price range - not keen on luxury offerings)
- Is White board / private vehicle registration possible for these models? (I think yes, but please confirm)

Thanks.
Old 5th August 2017, 17:17   #6499
BHPian

Are there any deals on the Volkswagen Ameo diesel automatic?
Old 5th August 2017, 17:37   #6500
BHPian

There are discounts galore on the 2017 revised BRV with rear sensors. Was offered 60,000 Exchange Discount, 37,000 Honda Assure Insurance and 25,000 Accessories free. I am awaiting the Compass hence decided to push my decision for a few months else would have closed. This is for the CVT Variant in Mumbai.
Old 7th August 2017, 16:44   #6501
BHPian

Being offered 50k discount on the VW
Ameo diesel highline DSG with a 3 week waiting period. I wanted the highline plus but the sales guy insists that would take 8-10 weeks atleast.
Are there any further discounts on this or is this best around the country?
Old 7th August 2017, 16:47   #6502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiedriver View Post
Being offered 50k discount on the VW
Ameo diesel highline DSG
I was looking at the same model although it is slightly beyond my budget. Could you tell me the OTR in your city after the discount? Thanks in advance!
Old 7th August 2017, 20:12   #6503
BHPian

I didn't calculate the OTR because I would be doing the registration myself . Have to buy the car from coimbatore because my place doesn't have a showroom . So im not sure if road tax will be calculated on the discounted price yet. But for coimbatore registration it was about 11.57 including zero depreciation insurance but excluding road side assistance and extended warranty. This also includes 6900 as handling charges. I'm also doing insurance myself because the showroom gave a quote of 50k whereas my regular insurance guy will do it for about 30k
Old 7th August 2017, 20:32   #6504
BHPian

The Ford dealers in Pune are saying that there are absolutely no discounts on the Endeavour (3.2 Titanium) has anyone had better luck elsewhere?
Old 7th August 2017, 21:03   #6505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by targaryen View Post
I was looking at the same model although it is slightly beyond my budget. Could you tell me the OTR in your city after the discount? Thanks in advance!
OTR for Mumbai is 12L. They are offering 50k discount though I felt I could have squeezed him for more. This price includes 3rd and 4th year extended warranty.
Old 8th August 2017, 10:19   #6506

Quote:
This also includes 6900 as handling charges.
Try writing to Volkswagen India or negotiating this with the Dealer. I did, while the customer care insisted that the amount will be charged, when it got forwarded and landed on the dealer end once again, he agreed to waive it off.

Eventually, I didn't go for the car though.
Old 9th August 2017, 08:57   #6507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivathetechwiz View Post
Try writing to Volkswagen India or negotiating this with the Dealer. I did, while the customer care insisted that the amount will be charged, when it got forwarded and landed on the dealer end once again, he agreed to waive it off.

Eventually, I didn't go for the car though.
The sales guy insists that they can't deliver the car without doing temporary registration. He didn't say it directly but he pointed out saying this is under the table payment for it. This nonsense of handling charges will go only if the government takes some Serious steps.
Old 9th August 2017, 12:51   #6508

Quote:
The sales guy insists that they can't deliver the car without doing temporary registration. He didn't say it directly but he pointed out saying this is under the table payment for it. This nonsense of handling charges will go only if the government takes some Serious steps.
Agreed, this may be inevitable for them given the present day system flaws. Maybe you could negotiate for a discount on the rest of the big amount you're paying for the car - or maybe some accessories at the least. Depends on how much discount you were offered already.
sivathetechwiz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2017, 14:44   #6509
BHPian

Current offer on Mahindra XUV 500.
Model: W10
OnRoad Price : Rs. 17.69L
Corporate / Dealer Discount : Rs. 8000
Accessories Discounts : Rs. 20000
Old 9th August 2017, 14:53   #6510
BHPian

Current discounts on Hyundai Tucson irrespective of the model:

Corporate discount: INR 50,000 + extended 4th year warranty
Exchange bonus of INR 70,000

I was expecting higher discounts, especially after the Jeep Compass being launched at a mouth watering price.
reddevilgautam is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed