Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2022, 14:12   #9331
Team-BHP Support

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Have been offered close to 2 lac discount on the Compass Model S and 3 lac on the Meridian. I still find the Compass to be rather overpriced at 36ish OTR. Can these be bettered? Not keen on the Meridian as we don't really need the extra row of seats.
manson is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2022, 18:43   #9332
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPJ74 View Post
How does new car negotiation work in these hyper-long wait times?
Since no one has posted any replies I decided to update it myself :-)

I have booked a Punch AMT Adventure Rhythm and i10 AMT. I had a Tiago EV booking which I cancelled and transferred to a Punch.

Since the wait for both cars is a minimum of 2-3 months I will TD both cars again n again to decide. I also want to beat the 2023 price escalation and still have the option of upgrading to a facelift version if it’s released.

Finally, to respond to my own query- I managed to get a decent discount on the i10 quote. Of course the quote was on a WhatsApp. Today, I was added to a WApp group with the dealer and the following message came

“ Further to this, with regards to your booking we would like to highlight following points:

• No verbal commitments or individual whats-app chatting will be honored.
“

VPJ74 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th December 2022, 15:58   #9333

SIPs make even more sense now. SIP Zindabad!!
paradhak is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th December 2022, 17:51   #9334
Senior - BHPian

Renault to hike prices of its cars from January 2023

Renault India has announced that it will increase the prices of its models from January 2023.

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-kiger-my22-1.png

Renault hasn’t revealed the exact quantum of the price hike, but, as with other carmakers, prices are being increased to offset the impact of rising input costs driven by pricier commodities, fluctuations in foreign exchange rates, inflation, and regulatory obligations.

According to Renault, India became the fifth largest market for the brand after France, Germany, Russia and Brazil in 2022. India also accounts for 44% of Renault’s overall revenue.

Renault’s current product portfolio includes three models – Kwid, Triber and Kiger.
TusharK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2022, 19:53   #9335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autohead115 View Post
I was thinking of the OTR price now; its 73L for 220d in Bangalore, so assuming a 5% hike in ex-showroom price would probably push the price close to 80 for c220, the c300d is 78L right now, that will surely cross 80L.

Edit: It's weird when I check the same on carwale, it's showing 69L OTR but the Merc Showroom quoted close to 73L (I just spoke to them a week back), so I don't know why such a huge difference. Funny enough they quoted 68.5L for C220d demo car saying its 5L discount they are offering so I'm sure of what dealers are quoting here.
69L is for the petrol C200. The c220d should be 70-71L so they might be trying to pull a fast one over you. I heard no one is actually buying these things so they are trying to milk as much money as possible with the ultra rich who don't care or finally lowering it to the actual price as if they are providing some discount for the value oriented customers

Just purchase it from the mercedes website itself.
Cresterk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 12:36   #9336
BANNED

I'm sensing the usual "Buy today or pay I-don't-know-how-much-more tomorrow" kind of fear-mongering. Perhaps it'll get a modest price hike at best.

The demand is cooling off. Tesla offering several grand worth of discounts in China. Inventory piling up and cutting work hours.

US demand side also cooling down as vehicle aggregators like rental car companies are getting their vehicles at much more reasonable prices than before.

We should also expect a similar trend in our industry. Expect sales to flatten in 2023 and then a negative growth in 2024 as the rate hike shock takes more than a year to start showing its real impact.
MaheshY1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 21:30   #9337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Have been offered close to 2 lac discount on the Compass Model S and 3 lac on the Meridian. I still find the Compass to be rather overpriced at 36ish OTR. Can these be bettered? Not keen on the Meridian as we don't really need the extra row of seats.
Why not consider Meridian even if you don't need the extra seats? With discounts etc., the price of Meridian Limited AT comes at the same level as Compass top model.

Unless you have parking constraints, need for 4x4 credentials (can then consider Meridian top end), or find the Meridian size too cumbersome that is..

Last edited by manson : 10th December 2022 at 06:19. Reason: Typo.
Abhi_Automobile is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th December 2022, 15:12   #9338

Discounts of upto 51k on the thar.
Attached Thumbnails
The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-38b17201b88b48f483a28928e2b153b9.jpeg  

Kumbaya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2022, 00:01   #9339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
OT: the Superb comes with the newer wet clutch DQ380/381 gearbox now with the 2.0TSi engine.
I did not know that. The sales rep also didn't inform me about this. Thanks a lot for this clarification. It literally puts the Superb back into consideration for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revsperminute View Post
OT: You own the 3rd gen City right? You must have gotten used to crawling over speed breakers by now. Any premium sedan will kiss tall speed breakers if not taken at crawling speeds/diagonally.
Yes, the City would crash with glory over said bonebreaker . I wanted to check how other sedans fare vis a vis my City. Every sedan that I tested hit bottom at slightly above average speeds.

After my last post, I've completed test drives of the A200, the A200d, the 3 series (330Li) and the C class petrol. The C class fared the worst in the same ground clearance test with a gut wrenching sound at a very normal speed while the 330Li fared the best.

My foray into the luxury space has been disappointing so far. While the 330Li has the best rear seat legroom and headroom, it's proportions are barge like. There is no "joy" in driving a barge especially in the city. Plus, the stiff leather seats while good are not soft like in the 5 series or the 6GT thus reminding you that this product is entry level.

The C class felt more proportionate and better to drive and much less barge like as compared to the 330Li. The the front seats had lovely perforated leather and thigh support but the use of a piano black everywhere, capacitive buttons for seat control (absolutely no feedback) and a large, (already smudged filled) central touchscreen to control even the radio plus the low seating at the back left me wondering if it was really an upgrade over the A class. This is strictly my opinion but, this to me is the worst iteration of the C class.

Surprisingly, I felt more "joy" driving the A200 or A200d and am seriously considering picking one up provided my family sanctions the car over the A4.

Last edited by sydras : 11th December 2022 at 00:13.
sydras is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2022, 09:05   #9340
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Why not consider Meridian even if you don't need the extra seats? With discounts etc., the price of Meridian Limited AT comes at the same level as Compass top model.
Compass Model S gets a sunroof, ventilated seats, 4 wheel drive, better fuel efficiency and a smaller footprint over the similarly priced Meridian, all of which are way higher in my priority list than a third row of seats. I hardly think there's a chance I'd get either of these at current prices though.
manson is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 11:36   #9341
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Compass Model S gets a sunroof, ventilated seats, 4 wheel drive, better fuel efficiency and a smaller footprint over the similarly priced Meridian, all of which are way higher in my priority list than a third row of seats. I hardly think there's a chance I'd get either of these at current prices though.
Fair assessment, given your preferences. What are some other options you are considering? I am similar boat looking t replace my 8 yr ‘young’ Jetta but am not prepared to pay this level of price for either of the Jeeps.

To me, XUV700’s interiors are underwhelming and it’s full of niggles. Harrier is old, Hector Chinese, and Seltos/Creta small and unsafe. Hyrider is ‘too Maruti’ and Hycross too van-like. For segment full of choices - I can’t seem to find a good fit

Last edited by Abhi_Automobile : 12th December 2022 at 11:38.
Abhi_Automobile is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th December 2022, 20:48   #9342
BHPian

I am getting 70k cash discounts on safari Xza+ dark edition model on the first sitting. Does anyone have any idea how much should I bargain?
There is also a 50000 exchange bonus and I want to sell my verna(olx auto offered me 3 lakhs and local dealer said I will give you more once you decide) but the dealer offered me just 2.25 lakhs and after speaking to the valuator, he increased the price to 2.35 lakhs bringing the effective price to 2.85 lakhs including the exchange bonus. I was hoping they would give atleast 3.35 lakhs.
Old 16th December 2022, 11:57   #9343
Senior - BHPian

MG to hike prices by up to Rs 90,000 from January 2023

MG Motor India has announced a price hike across its product range from January 1, 2023. Prices will be increased by up to Rs 90,000.

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-2021mghectorfacelift01-1.jpg

MG is not the only carmaker to announce a price hike. It’s common practice for brands to increase prices in the new year. This is usually down to offset rising input costs, currency fluctuations, etc.

Brands like Maruti Suzuki, Kia, Jeep and Renault will be increasing the prices of their models from January 1. Premium brands like Mercedes-Benz and Audi have also confirmed a price hike.

Link to Team-BHP News
Old 29th December 2022, 01:52   #9344
BHPian

Strangely enough, this thread is super silent on a year end.
shadkhan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2022, 08:33   #9345
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadkhan View Post
Strangely enough, this thread is super silent on a year end.
The action has been split up into two threads now, hence you may feel it’s gotten more silent here. Link to new thread: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...cedes-etc.html (The "New Luxury Car" Price Check Thread | Track Discounts, Offers & Deals on Audi, BMW, Mercedes etc)

https://www.rushlane.com/honda-mahin...iq6MznQeKUfyGk
New BS6 norms should make the next quarter, especially March, a great time to grab discounts on the stock clearance for some of the models that are getting axed. Similar to the BS4 cut off in 2020 which had some fabulous discount support from car makers.

The above link mentions some model that are going to be non compliant but I’m sure there are a lot more. Do we have a comprehensive list here ?
On the more luxury side, I hear only the Skoda Superb will be discontinued, are there others too?

Last edited by Sahil : 29th December 2022 at 08:35.
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed