Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2009, 13:28   #1
Senior - BHPian

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Hi guys ,

My close relative got a quote for Ritz vxi ABS BS 4 from RNS Bangalore.

Ex showroom - 4473702
Road tax -58570
Insurance - 12927
Extended warranty - 2300
Registeration and others - 4500

No Dealer ,salesman or corporate discount .

Is there no discount available ?
Salesman said 15 days waiting period .Is this correct or is it more?

Need some input guys , need to decide fast .

Thanks

Last edited by black12rr : 3rd June 2009 at 13:36.
Old 3rd June 2009, 13:55   #2
BHPian

Sagar Automobiles Price for RITZ VXI ABS :

443702 (ex.showroom)+ 12924(ins) + 58571 (RTAX) + 4500 (Incidental charges) + 2395 (Ext Wrnty) = 522092/- on road.

No discounts for new models.
Old 3rd June 2009, 14:23   #3
BHPian

Ritz, being a new model, dont expect any discounts immediately. The Swift P might be available at a good discount now. If your relative is sold on the Ritz, dont take the extended warranty, get the insurance outside, bargain down on registration and ask for some freebies.
Old 3rd June 2009, 16:41   #4
BHPian

There would be no discounts - atleast for the first few months... however the dealer can always give you some freebies... esp if you bargain hard and there are multiple dealers in your city...

regd Insurance - try online insurance sites - I recently got very good quotes on policybazaar.com

Also if possible try getting the registration done from outside or on your own - might be cheaper...
+ there is the usual yada yada like don't buy the ICE/accessories from the dealer etc...

All the best
Old 4th June 2009, 10:11   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Hi guys ,

My close relative got a quote for Ritz vxi ABS BS 4 from RNS Bangalore.

Ex showroom - 4473702
Road tax -58570
Insurance - 12927
Extended warranty - 2300
Registeration and others - 4500

No Dealer ,salesman or corporate discount .

Is there no discount available ?
Salesman said 15 days waiting period .Is this correct or is it more?

Need some input guys , need to decide fast .

Thanks
The ex-Showroom price is definetely NOT 4473702, I hope it's a typo and it should have been 443702 Rs. ( You can check out Maruti website)
Rest everything seems to be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnhegde View Post
Sagar Automobiles Price for RITZ VXI ABS :

443702 (ex.showroom)+ 12924(ins) + 58571 (RTAX) + 4500 (Incidental charges) + 2395 (Ext Wrnty) = 522092/- on road.

No discounts for new models.
I just enquired with Mandovi Motors - Lavelle Road.
The price seems to be same.

Last edited by sushrutha : 4th June 2009 at 10:12.
Old 10th August 2009, 14:48   #6
BHPian

discounts on maruti ritz or swift

the dealers in goa say there is'nt any discounts offered by maruti on either swift or ritz, Is it the same accross the country? we however after much haggling managed to get some value added services done free. on the contrary, hyundai and TATA seem to lure with discounts.
what are the discounts some of you have got on your purchases, could be any car. it will help fetch a general idea of whatz being offered.

Last edited by Jaggu : 10th August 2009 at 15:35. Reason: Search please before opening a new thread, Thanks
Old 11th August 2009, 10:35   #7
Senior - BHPian

Ritz being recently launched, you don't usually get discount on it.
Swift, selling like hotcakes with new K series engine & DDiS engine, it's hard to get discount.
Old 17th August 2009, 23:50   #8
BHPian

Like every body had said, a new car will never come with discounts, atleast for few months.

I am not sure for swift, but other models are having good discounts, even hyundai is having a good discount scheme for majority of cars (except i20)
Old 18th August 2009, 08:49   #9
BHPian

Pit the dealers against each other to extract max discount/freebies.
Old 7th October 2009, 12:07   #10
BHPian

Ritz is selling a lot. Last i heard, the dealers are not taking any Swift bookings now. They are persuading people to buy a Ritz and looks like is working too! So i guess its means very less or no discounts. Like others have mentioned try getting outside the dealer, you can probably get better deals.
15 days sounds like a Reasonable waiting period for a Petrol Ritz. Its higher for a Diesel Ritz.

Last edited by bond_bhai : 7th October 2009 at 12:08. Reason: Formatting/Spell check
Old 7th October 2009, 14:15   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_pphilip View Post
what are the discounts some of you have got on your purchases, could be any car. it will help fetch a general idea of whatz being offered.
I booked WagonR LXi six months ago. On the enquiry day itself the salesman said that if you book within two days, you will get a Reebok Kit worth 4500 bucks! In the kit I got sports bag+shoes+Tshirt+cap.
Apart from that I got company discount of 30k + IT professional discount of 4.5K.
Also, I bargained for basic free accessories. He gave me five accessories:
1- Floor Mats 2- Mud Flaps 3- steering cover 4- Reverse Horn 5- Car Perfume.

But it is true that there was no discount at that time on new models like A-star, Estillo.
Old 7th October 2009, 14:50   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bond_bhai View Post
Ritz is selling a lot. Last i heard, the dealers are not taking any Swift bookings now. They are persuading people to buy a Ritz and looks like is working too! So i guess its means very less or no discounts. Like others have mentioned try getting outside the dealer, you can probably get better deals.
15 days sounds like a Reasonable waiting period for a Petrol Ritz. Its higher for a Diesel Ritz.
The last I had checked for a Zxi it had a two month waiting period. On the contrary diesel was readily available with a cash discount of 8000. This was not more than 15 days back. Same was the case with Swift petrol which had a two month waiting period as well.

None of the petrol versions had any discount since they seem to be selling like hotcakes.
Old 9th October 2009, 09:25   #13
BHPian

I got my Ritz Zxi after almost 35 days, that too in my second choice of colour, and after pestering the local dealers with calls every day, for a month!.
Maruti have miscalculated public demand, and there are lots of diesel Ritz available, discounts of 10,000/- in Goa. However the fabulous petrol, and the vast number of goodies in the Zxi (incl airbags, alloys,stereo,alarm,ABS) make it a very good deal indeed, which is why it has this endless waiting period.
Old 9th October 2009, 10:27   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
I got my Ritz Zxi after almost 35 days, that too in my second choice of colour, and after pestering the local dealers with calls every day, for a month!.
Maruti have miscalculated public demand, and there are lots of diesel Ritz available, discounts of 10,000/- in Goa. However the fabulous petrol, and the vast number of goodies in the Zxi (incl airbags, alloys,stereo,alarm,ABS) make it a very good deal indeed, which is why it has this endless waiting period.

Do they see a demand for the Zxi models too? If so this clearly shows that the matured buyers are more keen on safety too when they buy a car..
Old 9th October 2009, 18:14   #15
BHPian

free insurance and extended warranty on Punto

As I am typing my post to 'Booked my car' thread, I have received a call from my dealer. There is some really good news for all to-be-Punto-owners. Sales agent said, Fiat is giving free insurance and dealer is giving free extendend warranty from 10-Oct-2009 to 24-Oct-2009 as a Deewali offer. All those who are booking Punto or taking delivery or those who are considering to buy before Deewali, ask you dealer about this. That is cool 20k discount (12-18k on insurance and 5.5k on extended warranty). I am very happy that I booked Punto.

PS Moderators: I have already posted this in 'Booked my car' thread. But, for better visibility and benefit of those on this forum who have already booked their Puntos taking delivery in next 10 days, I am posting it here again. If you feel it is inappropriate on my part to start a new thread, please feel free to delete this thread or move to correct section.
Rach is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed