Team-BHP - Freelander 2 Now For Rs 33.88 Lakh!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Freelander 2 Now For Rs 33.88 Lakh! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/112792-freelander-2-now-rs-33-88-lakh.html)

Source: ICB

Quote:

Land Rover’s new Freelander 2 SUV is now available at an introductory price of Rs 33.88 lakh! The Freelander 2 is the smallest SUV from the Land Rover Range. The baby Land Rover first came to India as a completely built unit now though, Tata Motors who own the Land Rover brand have started assembling the vehicle locally through CKD kits imported into the country. The latest move as resulted in a price drop which has made the Freelander 2 a very attractive buy.The base price of the Freelander 2 has dropped to Rs 33.88 lakh due to the lower import duty on the CKD kits. Still, the Freelander is way cheaper than the BMW X3 and the Audi Q5 which are its closest rivals

WOW... this looks looks really sweet. I though the base price of the Landy would be about 40-50L but this is making it really tempting!

A Landy for 33 lacs is an awesome value prop. Way to go, Tata!

This looks a crisp deal , a Landy as cheap as that . Was just wondering is it available as a LHD vehicle or just the RHD ?
But TATA assembling it locally , hope they maintain the quality a Landy demands . The TATA QA is very well known for its niggling issues they leave in a vehicle . Hope this stands apart !!

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

This is the 140BHP one?
The 190BHP engine is only offered in the higher version, IIRC.

Quote:

Originally Posted by madan80 (Post 2615492)
WOW... this looks looks really sweet. I though the base price of the Landy would be about 40-50L but this is making it really tempting!

By the time you register, insure and kit-out your Freelander 2, don't expect it to be anything lesser than 40 lakhs. It's high time Tata-LR made this move, with the Evoque just a few lakhs more and a helluva lot more desirable than this.

Also, do make a note of the word 'introductory' in the sentence.

This is old news. They started the CKD kits for the Freelander a few months ago. This is the 140bhp base version. The 190bhp fully loaded is 40+ ex showroom.

Saw their ads with the tagline - "Why buy a car when you can buy a Land Rover. Discovery2 now starts at 33.8L".

IMO - For Indian roads - makes a lot of sense compared to the 3s, Cs and A4s in the market.

This 33.8L is => Ex-Showroom Mumbai, pre-Octrai price (Saw in news paper - Pune). I wonder how much it would translate to on-road price. But this may give it an edge over the rivals, but how much, only time will tell

Thats some pricing. I would prefer a land rover over to any other SUV. This pricing might also have an impact on Expected Q3 pricing.

That is great pricing but for considering it being a 140 BHP engine (gathered from akshay's post), I think it is a little bit steep for the engine. If they brought in the 190 bhp engine at the same price, then I would consider it a great value for money.

But there is no denying the fact that engine apart, if it has all the bells and whistles it is great value. However, Q5 and X3 should not be impacted by this.

Woow, a LR for under 35 lakhs! great news indeed. I wish it all the success in the world so that when the sales charts are on fire, then maybe tata will seriously consider local production of the vehicle. From CDU to CKD to full local assembly (hopefully in my life time lol). Any one interested in a locally Built LR Freelander for under 30 lakhs? I think Mr. Ratan Tata already knows the answer to this question.

Quote:

Originally Posted by neoonwheels (Post 2615879)
This 33.8L is => Ex-Showroom Mumbai, pre-Octrai price (Saw in news paper - Pune). I wonder how much it would translate to on-road price. But this may give it an edge over the rivals, but how much, only time will tell

OTR Pune should be around the 35-38L bracket.

But still, a crisp deal for sure.
Even the 140HP variant is more than sufficient for our road conditions.
Well done Tata :thumbs up.

We can always ask for more at any given price point. :) But i think that pricing is pretty serious even for a 140bhp since LR still somehow retains that halo. Audi Qs are dime a dozen even in a city like pune. And LR does offer good amount of luxury for a seriously capable vehicle.
But i agree with Suhaas. The Evoque isn't that far away.