Team-BHP - details on Tempo/force motors or old mercedes MUV's
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   details on Tempo/force motors or old mercedes MUV's (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/11292-details-tempo-force-motors-old-mercedes-muvs.html)

I had just been to the website www.tempoindia.com

I was surprised to see most of the urban consumer oriented MUV's are gone.

I had been to their stall at the 2002 autoexpo and it they had some wonderful concepts.

where are these vehicles? I have found absolutely no info about this company.

No1 have driven or owned a vehicle from this manufactuerer?

The only thing I know about them is the Temo traveller with the Merc engine. A family friend uses them as sound and light equipment van. The engine is similar to the diesel found in C class merc IIRC.

Recently, during a trip to Gujarat. I saw a modified tempo traveller limo.. Trust me guys, you've gotta see the interiors of that car to believe me.. It had everything from an L-shaped futon sofa and arm chairs, centre-table to a refridgerator, to a 14" color TV, a water dispensor, etc. In short, all the basic amenties were present. About 1/5th of the rear portion was for storing the luggage, etc.

The futon can be expanded to a double bed, by collapsing the centre-table..

In short, the vehicle was the height of luxury in itself. Too-bad, i didn't have my camera with me at that time.

But, imo Firodia vehicles have been promoted more as people movers, to capture the m***-market. I bet they'll have to do something out of their skin (similar to what TATA's did first with the 207 and then with Indica) to get into the cl*** market.

Quote:

Originally Posted by devarshi84
No1 have driven or owned a vehicle from this manufacturer?

I have driven very old Tempo Trax for about 500 meters.
It was good in its own way.
Not many people will like them (for sure) but it was targeted at very different market where it seem to be doing good.

Since you want review here it goes
You have to push a button & get coil heated up before starting, usually takes anything between 30 sec to 2 min.
Accelaration is alright.
Breaks were not good.
Ride was alright considering vechicals target customer.
Vibration were high & so was noise.

Some member of Team BHP had Trax Gurkha if I am not wrong (was his name Gurkha ?) you may want to ask him.

As for their concept cars, no idea

I had seen their concept cars at autoexpo. but surprisingly they never targeted the urban customers. their concept cars were really cool.

Force motors apparently manufacturing CDI engines for MBIL India.

I heard that most of their cars are exported. I dunno where though.

Ethopia I guess? Or somalia

I can vouch for the new Tempo Cruiser as a very good and rugged vehicle. And there was another long-base vehicle, that had 3 front facing row seats in addition to two baby seats in the back (a la Sumo, Qualis). Guess how many people you can put in there. (12+1)..

The vibrations are high only for the first 15 minutes, and after that the mill runs smoother.. I've heard that in the past 2-3 years the quality has improved considerably and the NVH is sufficiently low.

Besides the costing of these vehicles is extremely low as compared to equivalent other models.. You can't get better value for money than this..

They need to put just a bit of effort in revamping these vehicles as they are old MB vehicles which are pretty reliable.

with a bit of revamping these vehicles I guess can be sold to Urban customers in India too.

I really liked their Concepts at the previous auto expo.