Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2012, 11:22   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota ETIOS Recall - Aberration in the filter hose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
For some reason, Munish is trying his ever best to put Toyota in bad light. Dude if you are not happy with the car sell it and move on instead of cribbing on the forum. Its does not get you any value either monetary or non monetary.
Google adsense revenue should not be ignored.

Quote:
My car is manufactured before 8th October, I'll be going to the A.S.S to have the hose changed and will see how critical the component is it to put your life at risk.
Mine was delivered on October 25th. I called up Toyota, gave my registration number and they told me that I already have the new fuel hose in place. Sad that I miss one free washing. LOL

Quote:
To me, it has only reinforced the trust in the brand.
+1 to that. I'm glad that Toyota owned up this responsibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heman_369 View Post
I had a detailed chat with 'Etios master' and he said it is a minor problem and seen in just 1 car. He mentioned that TKM is working on NVH levels and interiors of Etios and a refresh edition may come out in next 6 months. I talked to the service manager and he said that whatever can be retrofitted to older cars like mine would be done.

I highly recommend my SA Vishal and flawless service of DSK Toyota.
If interiors and NVH levels are improved as well in addition to the fantastic fundamentals of this car, Etios will kill the competition in a couple of years. I'm glad, Toyota is working on that aspect too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post

The above process eats up about 30 minutes mainly due to the Fuel Emptying process which otherwise is a 10-15 mins work.

Later the car is sent for the wash and clean even without having done any bodily and insternal work and the car is presented for taking delivery all with its shining glory.
Thank you @parsh for giving us the complete description about the mod. Much appreciated.
Old 12th January 2012, 10:17   #77
BHPian

Quote:
the problem seemed to detected in only one Etios in Delhi, where some cuts and bruises were seen on the Fuel inlet and Air outlet Hoses leading to the fuel tank.
Quote:
Still, it is a big Q, why did Toyota think about changing the Hoses for all the cars. All feedback is here as per the discussion with the SAs.
Very good, detailed and informative write-up with pictures. Kudos to Toyota for handling a recall well.
Why they did it? You can take a bet that it will not be just one car which faced this problem.
Old 22nd January 2012, 05:16   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amateurpro View Post
U r right on that. Few things are "good to have, but ok even if u dont have".

I am an admirer of old Ford Fiesta (now called Classic) as a total package (looks, performance, reliability etc.. -though I never owned one). How do you find the new Ford Fiesta? Somehow my heart and mind prefers the Classic over New. Old age, may be.
The ride & handling has been brilliant.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks