Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2013, 22:07   #256
Senior - BHPian

Re: A close look at the 2012 Toyota Innova facelift

Mod Note : The 2013 Innova's Official Review is located at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the review thread. Thanks!

Since I don't have an ownership thread for my Innova yet, thought to just comment on this thread about my car.

A week back we made a six day, 2200km road trip in the innova. The car was packed to the gills. There was no room left inside so had to buy the roof rack from the Toyota dealer and shift some stuff on to the top.

This was my worst trip as a driver. i crashed the car umpteen times onto those clandestine wells that dot the Delhi - Jaipur highway. A couple of times the impact was so hard that after jumping out of the craters, the Innova would swerve wildly. I was sure that the suspension would have worn badly. Last but not the least five adults and a baby were packed in the car for a 2200 km road trip, when it rained all along, so you can imagine the brunt faced by the interiors.

Now the happy notes.

The day after my return I checked in the car with the service center.

- The suspension was found to be perfect. No wear & tear!
- The front brake pads though were replaced. I think 42k is a reasonable time for that.
- The interiors were given a full 3m dressing. The car was presented back as if it just stepped out of showroom.
- Not a single rattle in the car. for the sake of mentioning I did say that I felt a slight, almost negligible sound emanating from some type of a vibration from the dashboard when the car moves at around 80kmph. 5 mins into the test drive, the advisor said its from the front bumper. Solved there and then.
- Total costs for this out of line visit - Rs 6300/-

I need to make a confession. The whole time in the service center I move around with a long face and sometimes do throw around my weight unnecessarily. Just so that the Toyota service guys don't forget to make me happy. Privately, my smile just stretches from one ear to another.

Last edited by GTO : 21st October 2013 at 15:52. Reason: Link to official review
rrsteer is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks