Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: will you buy an Indian performance car with proper backing?
Yes, I have always tried to find one and will certainly purchase one! 13 43.33%
No they are still expensive and the Indian market is Underdeveloped? 10 33.33%
I like performance cars but am not sure if I will buy one? 7 23.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2006, 22:32   #16
Senior - BHPian

Used car imports are not allowed unless you are returning on TR.
Old 16th March 2006, 22:39   #17
BHPian

used car market.....lucarative to the buyer...but not good for the industry...and thus..the consumer in long run.....and the law anyhow takes care of this
Old 17th March 2006, 05:52   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuRnT RuBbEr
That shop will cater to around 0.001% of the net car buyers in india, maybe less. It is a good start, will be welcomed by enthusiasts . financially, wont be a very good idea. invest in it only if u have felt at times that a single pedal wasnt enuf in ur car...there should be more more n more. and if u feel attached with others of the same viewpoint
my friend india has 1.3 Billion people, so with your logic there would be 13000 individuals in the market, sorry my friend thats too low a number, I could probably accept in the region of 150-250,000 not 13000, people who can buy cars ranging from 10-40 lakhs.

There are 17000 crorepatis in india, and these are the ones that are legal, so about 30,000-34000 crorepatis then, and now you dont have to be a crorepati to be affording this range..so the nest level would have 5x the number of people in it..so anywhere from 6x-7x of 35000, you get the picture..
Old 17th March 2006, 09:54   #19
Senior - BHPian

ok so

nissan 350z
mitsubishi eclipse
mitsubishi evo
mazda rx8

all with proper backing and warranties. Obviously bringing them one by one as profitability increases.

alongwith a performance shop for our own desi used lancers,city's and ikons.
again with mass products and proper backing.

I think profitability will be better than a honda dealership. But this project needs more capital.
Old 17th March 2006, 11:28   #20
BHPian

It will be most feasible if there is some kind of finance options provided in collaboration with banks, so that even middle class / upper middle class performance fanatics can go for it. Esp. if the On Road Price of the car is around 14 - 20 lakhs. For this price, all the young people, like me and lakhs of others, who have just started working their way up the career ladder can afford to pay the EMIs.

Another thought. How does one get around the niggering problem of providing better grade fuel for their cars on a regular basis?

Godspeed.

Alok.
Old 17th March 2006, 11:40   #21
Senior - BHPian

but then there are also the cons to such idea.

Large capital is one.
duties and taxes and regulations are second
Making the customers believe is third.

but well nothing in this world is impossible
Old 17th March 2006, 11:47   #22
Senior - BHPian

First of all, the Indian market isn't upto this, then the Indian roads and then the A.S.S and then the price. Whats the use of spending ~30lakhs without being able to usee all that power. You would also be spending a lot of money on damages due to the roads. Maybe after about 5yrs from now we can have brillant roads and then definately buy these cars if I had the money, as long as its worth it and I can fully experience it instead of crusing at 40kmph and watchin out for potholes, autos, bikers etc..
Old 17th March 2006, 13:55   #23
GTO
Team-BHP Support

With manufacturer backing and support, such a concept would do wonders.
  • We have to understand that the volumes will certainly grow from present levels with the availability of warranties, EMIs and after sales support. And why just sports cars? Include super bikes to this opportunity list too.
  • The numbers will obviously not be huge, but they will be enough for a manufacturer to write off as decent marketing costs. Primarily because this will do a lot to the company's image and perception levels.
  • Existing dealerships will only be too happy since it will lead to additional footfalls to the showroom. And an added source of revenue to take care of the existing fixed costs.

Its only a matter of time before some pro-active manufacturer thinks of this.

GTO
Old 17th March 2006, 22:12   #24
BHPian

If i am not mistaken the Nissan Dealer in Mumbai already sells and services the 350 Z and plus i think they do specific imports as well. They also provide servicing for most imported cars. Though been out of town for long so dont have any latest news. Im talking about what i saw and heard almost 9 months back.
Please forgive any incorrectness

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks