Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2012, 21:16   #76
BHPian

Re: Auto Expo 2012 tickets go live on bookmyshow.com

I have also booked my tickets on bookmyshow and now literally regretting it. I'm suppose to go tomorrow and collect the physical passes from the counter. Would appreciate if someone can throw light on how was the chaos today (monday) at the counters and inside and also the magnitude of the crowd.
Old 9th January 2012, 22:14   #77
BHPian

Three people, maybe more, eagerly waiting for feedback of today's 'show' and yet no response so far. Will check back in the morning before leaving.
Old 9th January 2012, 23:21   #78
BHPian

I will go to Auto Expo tomorrow (Tuesday). I went there today on way back to home to check how scene was like. Tickets are sold at gate number 1 and 2. They are both more than 1km away from Pragati Maidan metro station and has to be walked to.

Gate number 2 is closer and hence is overcrowded. May take on hour to collect tickets. I went and checked out gate number 1. No crowd! You can buy ticket instantly.

I walked to Indraprastha metro station. It was much closer to walk to.

So, advice-
1. Get off Indraprashta metro station.
2. Walk to gate number one.
3. Buy ticket.
4. Go inside. Simple! No waiting time.

Don't bother booking from bookmyshow.com! You don't need to waste time.

Last edited by DevilsCry : 9th January 2012 at 23:23.
DevilsCry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2012, 01:35   #79
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys, I went to Expo today, I had premium online tickets, reached a bit too early at gate no 7 at 8.25 and managed to go in without ticket or pass from the Official's line.

At that time there were only people of staff coming. Premium ticket public started at about 9.50, there were queues for initial 5-10 mins at hall gates then everything eased up. I do not know BMS counter scene of that time as I was already inside. Not much crowd at that time. All stalls giving out freebies, bags, posters etc. You can go close and even sit in many cars (even Prado and LC) till about 11. Then the rush started building up and they put the lining strip.

At 1.30 a flash flood of people came in and everything was so different. Its got jam packed in few halls which were congested, others which had more space were easy till about 2.30pm which is the time I came out and went to get my online ticket..

At gate no 7 towards the right there is a separate setup for BMS or online tickets in a room. It took me only 10 mins to go and get my ticket(as there was no queue there at 2.30pm in the online ticket section only 20-25 people) they asked for print and email ID for confirmation, no card of ID proof.

Came out, sold my pass for Rs 250/- and went home.

PS: Tickets in cash are only sold at gate no 1 and 2. Online tickets collection at gate no 5 and 7. Overall it is worth going in premium hours.

Last edited by Ym-enjn : 10th January 2012 at 01:48.
Old 10th January 2012, 10:15   #80
BHPian

I never had such a horrible experience in my life.

I booked my ticket online so I went to gate number 7 to collect my ticket, waited in that que for around 15 minutes, than had to wait half an hour more to enter the exhibition.Maruti Suzuki was the first stall I visited and it was very crowded(but infact it was nothing compared to hall no.7 and hall no.11).I was on my way to the Tata's exhibition and there I saw sea of people pushing each other,I thought the situation might be better inside and it really was quite empty around the commercial vehicles but as soon as I approached the Jaguar display all hell broke loose,some of the visitors started shouting "salman khan salman khan" for no apparent reason and even I(I am a well built guy with a fairly huge body) was getting pushed around like a rag doll.More of the same in Audi,Skoda and BMW display.My friend said forget this lets go see some ferrari's and head home,than later found out that Shreyans has closed there exhibition due to uncontrollable crowd.Chevrolet closed down there pavilion because of some unknown issues(some said the pavilion was made above a pool and the floor got lowered because of being overly crowded).In toyota and ford pavilion the cars were covered and no visitors were allowed inside,reason someone broke a car.Staff in some of the exhibition halls were extremely rude(which is understandable because most visitors were acting like uncivilized animals).Only Volkswagen and Mercedes Benz could manage the crowd a bit efficiently.

I would like to convey a message to the exhibition organizers,please do not sell tickets more than the sustainable number,from what I have seen yesterday(couple screaming women,children crying,even some men on the floor and some visitors being pushed and abused by the Shreyans "bouncers") there could have been some fatal accidents.You organizers could have charged more money and should have ensured lesser number of people visit per day.

If any one of you wants to have a good time at the auto expo, I would suggest buy the premium pass,because to be honest I wasted my whole day yesterday had one of the worst experiences in my life,fell sick and more over could not see most of the cars properly.

Last edited by Kishan Shah : 10th January 2012 at 10:21.
Old 10th January 2012, 12:19   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishan Shah View Post
I never had such a horrible experience in my life.

I booked my ticket online so I went to gate number 7 to collect my ticket, waited in that que for around 15 minutes, than had to wait half an hour more to enter the exhibition.Maruti Suzuki was the first stall I visited and it was very crowded(but infact it was nothing compared to hall no.7 and hall no.11).I was on my way to the Tata's exhibition and there I saw sea of people pushing each other,I thought the situation might be better inside and it really was quite empty around the commercial vehicles but as soon as I approached the Jaguar display all hell broke loose,some of the visitors started shouting "salman khan salman khan" for no apparent reason and even I(I am a well built guy with a fairly huge body) was getting pushed around like a rag doll.More of the same in Audi,Skoda and BMW display.My friend said forget this lets go see some ferrari's and head home,than later found out that Shreyans has closed there exhibition due to uncontrollable crowd.Chevrolet closed down there pavilion because of some unknown issues(some said the pavilion was made above a pool and the floor got lowered because of being overly crowded).In toyota and ford pavilion the cars were covered and no visitors were allowed inside,reason someone broke a car.Staff in some of the exhibition halls were extremely rude(which is understandable because most visitors were acting like uncivilized animals).Only Volkswagen and Mercedes Benz could manage the crowd a bit efficiently.

I would like to convey a message to the exhibition organizers,please do not sell tickets more than the sustainable number,from what I have seen yesterday(couple screaming women,children crying,even some men on the floor and some visitors being pushed and abused by the Shreyans "bouncers") there could have been some fatal accidents.You organizers could have charged more money and should have ensured lesser number of people visit per day.

If any one of you wants to have a good time at the auto expo, I would suggest buy the premium pass,because to be honest I wasted my whole day yesterday had one of the worst experiences in my life,fell sick and more over could not see most of the cars properly.
Sad to hear that, its really very bad on part of organisers. BTW what time did you go?
Old 10th January 2012, 15:31   #82
BHPian

Just came back from the auto expo. I got off at the indraprastha station around 10:20 am and collected my BMS pass at 10:45 am from gate no.2. Took 10 mins in the BMS queue and another 5 mins to enter inside. So far so good. Once inside it was a sorry state of affair. Extremely ill managed event and useless crowd even in the premium hours. Due to this car enthusiasts like us have to really suffer. I could not see even a single hall properly and most of the halls were too overcrowded. At best i was able to get only a slight glance of my fav cars and that too from quite a distance. You cant even stand or pause for a bit to enjoy because there is a wave of crowd coming to push you forward. I would rate my overall experience 3/10.
My suggestion to the organizers is to increase the premium hours ticket to atleast Rs. 2500. Only then we can filter out the crowd properly!

Last edited by ashish22 : 10th January 2012 at 15:33.
Old 10th January 2012, 19:27   #83
BHPian

As stated above, ticketing was a breeze. However the crowd is just too much, just like Anand Mahindra described, its the Kumbh Mela even in premium hour.
Old 10th January 2012, 20:05   #84
BHPian

Hi,

Anyone visiting tomorrow during Premium hours? Been hearing of a lot of problems. I got my tickets booked through a friend's credit card. I have his identity proof (DL scan in my phone), the credit card scan, and the booking confirmation mails. Now have come to know that people like me are not being allowed entry and they are being told that the original CC holder has to be present physically at the venue for confirmation. Now that is impossible.
1) Anyone having faced such a situation and what did you do about it?
2)I have all the above mentioned documents as a soft copy on my Blackberry and can show them impromptu. Will it do?
3)A friend's friend was refused entry on this ground. What should i do in case such a situation arises? The Book My Show helpline confirmed that the original holder need not be present.
I am totally at my wits end thinking what to do, since i have travelled all the way from Calcutta specially for this.
Old 10th January 2012, 21:05   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormania View Post
Hi,

Anyone visiting tomorrow during Premium hours? Been hearing of a lot of problems. I got my tickets booked through a friend's credit card. I have his identity proof (DL scan in my phone), the credit card scan, and the booking confirmation mails. Now have come to know that people like me are not being allowed entry and they are being told that the original CC holder has to be present physically at the venue for confirmation. Now that is impossible.
2)I have all the above mentioned documents as a soft copy on my Blackberry and can show them impromptu. Will it do?
3)A friend's friend was refused entry on this ground. What should i do in case such a situation arises? The Book My Show helpline confirmed that the original holder need not be present.
I am totally at my wits end thinking what to do, since i have travelled all the way from Calcutta specially for this.
Its nothing like that,one friend booked the ticket and another one went to collect the ticket,no issues.
Old 10th January 2012, 21:10   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
Sad to hear that, its really very bad on part of organisers. BTW what time did you go?
It was my first time going to the delhi auto expo,so I did not have much information and ended up getting a general ticket instead of the premium ones (main reason being I feel lazy to get up in this winter morning ).Though some are saying there is not much difference in general and premium hours.

Btw I heard there was another form of VIP ticket which was being sold for 1500 and it included touching and feeling the car(mind my language).
Old 10th January 2012, 21:25   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormania
Hi,

To be honest with you i was not asked to present any identification whatsoever. They just took the copy of the printout of the email confirmation from me and thats about it.
Old 10th January 2012, 21:44   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishan Shah View Post
It was my first time going to the delhi auto expo,so I did not have much information and ended up getting a general ticket instead of the premium ones (main reason being I feel lazy to get up in this winter morning ).Though some are saying there is not much difference in general and premium hours.

Btw I heard there was another form of VIP ticket which was being sold for 1500 and it included touching and feeling the car(mind my language).
Lol.. I was lucky by chance and had easy time at expo. The touching and feeling was going on till 11 AM. You could even go in and get experience.

Few pics taken inside Fortuner and Prius on 9th morning in Premium Hrs.

Auto Expo 2012 tickets go live on bookmyshow.com-image_070.jpg

Auto Expo 2012 tickets go live on bookmyshow.com-image_063.jpg

Some of scene at 8.30AM. I reached there early by mistake as my calculation of transit time went wrong and ended up much earlier..

Auto Expo 2012 tickets go live on bookmyshow.com-image_083.jpg

Auto Expo 2012 tickets go live on bookmyshow.com-image_087.jpg

Auto Expo 2012 tickets go live on bookmyshow.com-image_089.jpg

And see how empty Maruti Stall is in early hours..

Auto Expo 2012 tickets go live on bookmyshow.com-image_081.jpg

PS: Reading everyones post I must thank my Lucky stars and set my case as one off case.
Old 10th January 2012, 21:57   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
Lol.. I was lucky by chance and had easy time at expo. The touching and feeling was going on till 11 AM. You could even go in and get experience.

Few pics taken inside Fortuner and Prius on 9th morning in Premium Hrs.

Attachment 869338

Attachment 869339

Some of scene at 8.30AM. I reached there early by mistake as my calculation of transit time went wrong and ended up much earlier..

Attachment 869340

Attachment 869341

Attachment 869342

And see how empty Maruti Stall is in early hours..

Attachment 869343

PS: Reading everyones post I must thank my Lucky stars and set my case as one off case.
You are one lucky chap,I am jealous

Btw is it true about the 1500 rupees vip entry??
Old 10th January 2012, 22:03   #90
Senior - BHPian

One of the most horrible experiences visiting the Expo today. Ticketing was arranged by my driver from Lajpat Nagar Metro station but all downhill after that. Luckily got to see few of my favourite stalls. Will post pictures shortly on the main thread. Could not reach the Audi/BMW section in that hall and was literally pushed out by the sea of humanity (sic!). Managed to see nearly all other stalls except Mercedes.

They really need to shift the Expo out of Pragati Maidan at all costs.

Most Viewed