Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2012, 21:04   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: December 2011 : Indian Car Sales & Analysis

One thing is obvious, the only way Fiat can ever survive is not by going forward but by moving backward.

If they are able to manage and get thier older generation vehcle and refurbish it a bit, and give it for INR 3L odd I am sure we indians would lap it up shamelessly. I am guessing thats the only way for Fiat to come up in India. Thier new launches will not help thier cause for sure.
Old 10th January 2012, 22:41   #92
BHPian

Fiat IMO is not in a situation to bring in their new generation vehicles as they know their present sales and service area is doing poorly especially because of JV with TATA on Sales and service. Fiat has always been known as follower and that's why even now they are trying to set things right which they should have done when they came back to India again. One of the action they have taken is to call off theTATA Sales and service JV and their plan to set up their own good Sales and service network across India by 2015.

2012 models of Linea and Punto are nothing but a mere small thrust to improve on sales as they know their weak area is not Vehicles they produce.

I believe once they aggressively work to get a better sales and service network, FIAT will bring in their new generation vehicles like Punto Evo, Bravo and who knows even a Bravo sedan! Trust me they have all the right ingredients except one for which they should work hard to attain. In the meantime their manufacturing team can work their plant to be ready to manufacture new vehicles that will be cost effective and would help Fiat to strengthen their position in the car market.

Cruze sale in my opinion has gone down primarily because of the news of Cruze 2012 to be launched and also partially because of XUV500 where a normal car buyer is getting to own an SUV with all the best possible features at a great price.

Honda: All I would say is hope you have a better 2012 as they have seen the worst year in terms of floods & quakes! Basically God even doesn't seem to be supporting them, as they don't have any diesel in their stable ;-) come on Honda it's a signal straight from God do something very very quick.

Last edited by saurabhdadhichi : 10th January 2012 at 22:44.
Old 12th January 2012, 22:56   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SankalpDesai View Post
Why doesn't Fiat wake up? What's wrong with them? Management? Marketing? Product range? Service? I guess, everything.
Fiat is in marriage with TATA. What it needs is a divorce!!

They are slowly ramping up individual dealerships, Upping their marketing, finally starting to listen to Consumer feedbacks. All they need to do is have more individual dealerships in Tier 2 and 3 cities.

Wanted to buy a punto...talked to several Punto and Linea owners. All of them swears by their Fiat. Same goes for some of the old Uno people too!! Excellent car, Rock Solid performance but service only in major cities. Nobody wants to waste 2 days travelling for service!!

And sourcing spare parts takes some time too. This is the only grouse of Punto and Linea owners it seems.

Was also warned to go to exclusive Fiat showrooms as the shared TATA/ Fiat dealers are only interested in selling the Vista/Manza!!

Anyways just booked the new 2012 Punto yesterday after so much thought...the sales guy had told me in december itself that a new model was on the cards. Lets see how it goes!!
Old 14th January 2012, 17:06   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by microaubin View Post
Fiat is in marriage with TATA. What it needs is a divorce!!
Enough of the FIAT owners blasting TATA. Honestly, if Fiat is currently selling 200 odd cars every month now, it won't be able to sell even 20 if it goes alone. First of all you need car dealers to sell cars. And who in his sane mind would ever want to invest in a dud car brand's dealership
Old 14th January 2012, 18:37   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
Enough of the FIAT owners blasting TATA. Honestly, if Fiat is currently selling 200 odd cars every month now, it won't be able to sell even 20 if it goes alone. First of all you need car dealers to sell cars. And who in his sane mind would ever want to invest in a dud car brand's dealership
Thats very true. I have always laughed a little whenever someone blames it on Tata for Fiat not doing well. If Tata After Sales is that bad they would not be selling more then 10k passenger cars each month. Fiat has just lost the flavour with a lot of different things factoring in and there is no one reason to blame it all upon. The new Fiat caffes are surely a step in the right direction.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2012, 11:55   #96
BHPian

Thanks GTO and Jalsa for the detailed analysis. I notice that the Innova outsold the Xylo 2:1 between July and December. A lot of people were expecting the Innova to take a beating due to the VFM proposition of the Xylo.
I guess however, reliability and comfort, rule over VFM... even when it comes to the taxi-wallahs.
Old 17th January 2012, 17:09   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If what FIAT is claiming is right (that TATA dealers would invest in a different showroom and service), TATA dealers would put money on this "dud" brand. BTW TATA is not doing any favor by sharing network, they are also getting technology from FIAT. Have you ever wondered, why people are still putting money on Force One dealership and Premier dealership?
Old 17th January 2012, 17:59   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
If what FIAT is claiming is right (that TATA dealers would invest in a different showroom and service), TATA dealers would put money on this "dud" brand. BTW TATA is not doing any favor by sharing network, they are also getting technology from FIAT. Have you ever wondered, why people are still putting money on Force One dealership and Premier dealership?

I am sorry if I hurt your emotions by calling Fiat a dud brand.
Tata is not in the business of social service, so if they are get technology or whatever in return from Fiat for selling their cars, so be it. Regarding your other statements, I can just speak for my city. In Jalandhar there is no separate Force One showroom yet and the Premier dealership that does exist was previously a Fiat dealership - and currently it does multiple lines of business: 1) Premier dealership 2) General motor garage for all kinds of cars 3) Grave yard for Palios, Unos and Sienna.

Last edited by rrsteer : 17th January 2012 at 18:00.
Old 17th January 2012, 18:06   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am sorry if I hurt your emotions by calling Fiat a dud brand.
Tata is not in the business of social service, so if they are get technology or whatever in return from Fiat for selling their cars, so be it. Regarding your other statements, I can just speak for my city. In Jalandhar there is no separate Force One showroom yet and the Premier dealership that does exist was previously a Fiat dealership - and currently it does multiple lines of business: 1) Premier dealership 2) General motor garage for all kinds of cars 3) Grave yard for Palios, Unos and Sienna.
Lets stop this discussion before it goes off topic Lets wait and see who all put their hard earned money into a FIAT dealership.

OT: As per my understanding, even the Delhi FIAT cafe is owned by a TATA dealer. When a company makes a public statement that TATA dealers would bear the cost, it actually means something. So lets keep mum about who would put money into FIAT dealership for some time.
Old 18th January 2012, 15:55   #100
BHPian

Tata is selling a lot of Indica+Vista + Indigo+Manzas but the delivery times are quick. Whereas Maruti is always short of delivery for the Swift and Dzire. Even then, people go after Swift/Dzire. Strange.

Recently did a TD of Swift/Dzire and then Vista/Manza for a relative. He is 50yrs old, has recently learned to drive and was decided on the Dzire. But loved the Vista and Manza on first look. Finally booked the Manza.
Old 21st January 2012, 11:26   #101
BHPian

The January data should be interesting considering Fiat lauched new nodels for both the cars and Honda Brio should have been delivered generously.

Is the upcoming budget a threat to diesel car sales? Are people going on a HOLD mode till it's certain what transpires in the budget?
Old 1st February 2012, 12:18   #102
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki registers 5.2 percent sales growth in January 2012

Maruti Suzuki registers 5.2 percent sales growth in January 2012 | Rush Lane
Old 1st February 2012, 16:12   #103
BHPian

Tata Motors January sales 34,669

Tata motors January sales are 34,669 up14%

Indica :11,534
Indigo :9,272
Nano :7,723

link Tata Motors : Media : Press Releases

Last edited by Car-Agey : 1st February 2012 at 16:15.
Old 1st February 2012, 16:38   #104
BHPian

Fiat sales for Jan'12 are at - 2,174
Old 1st February 2012, 17:54   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

Closing the thread. Please continue the January 2012 sales figures discussion here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...car-sales.html

Thanks

Last edited by Rehaan : 2nd February 2012 at 14:23. Reason: Adding link.
.anshuman is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks