Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2012, 17:11   #1
Senior - BHPian

Scoop pics : Small unknown concept under cover *Update* It's the Tata Indica Vista

I was just proceeding to the Fiat Caffe when I caught this thing atop a flatbed truck on NH 24. The wheels are too big for a production vehicle so it surely is a thinly disguised concept.
I think that it may be either the ford eco sport or some Hyundai mini SUV concept.
Any idea which vehicle is this? The size is somewhat similar to the X1.

Scoop pics : Small unknown concept under cover *Update* It's the Tata Indica Vista-20120103-14.39.31.jpg

Scoop pics : Small unknown concept under cover *Update* It's the Tata Indica Vista-20120103-14.47.49.jpg

Scoop pics : Small unknown concept under cover *Update* It's the Tata Indica Vista-20120103-14.47.41.jpg

Scoop pics : Small unknown concept under cover *Update* It's the Tata Indica Vista-20120103-14.48.01.jpg

Scoop pics : Small unknown concept under cover *Update* It's the Tata Indica Vista-20120103-14.48.09.jpg

Scoop pics : Small unknown concept under cover *Update* It's the Tata Indica Vista-20120103-14.48.15.jpg
sidindica is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2012, 17:18   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: Scoop pics : Small unknown concept under cover *Update* It's the Tata Indica Vista

The rear looks a lot like Ford. Sharp edges. But apart form that no idea!!

PS: Excellent scoop Sid.
Old 3rd January 2012, 17:27   #3
Senior - BHPian

re: Scoop pics : Small unknown concept under cover *Update* It's the Tata Indica Vista

Must be a small SUV in the Ford Ecosport mould, there's a lot of daylight between the wheels especially in the rear. Who ever has put on the covers has done well to disguise it into a shape less mass except for a glimpse of rear wheel arch leaving the rest to our imagination. Could it be a Fiat Orso concept for the Auto Expo?

Last edited by Durango Dude : 3rd January 2012 at 17:31.
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2012, 17:32   #4
Senior - BHPian

Judging by the 4th pic it seems the car is going to Pragati Maidan for the Expo. Also to me the car looks like the new ford fiesta Hatch. Attached pic for reference i got from Google Uncle.

OR

Could it be the Merc A class concept which MB is going to showcase at the Auto Expo?

Scoop pics : Small unknown concept under cover *Update* It's the Tata Indica Vista-ford_fiesta_s04.jpg

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 3rd January 2012 at 17:33.
Old 3rd January 2012, 17:33   #5
Senior - BHPian

The ecosport has a rear tyre isnt it? This one doesnt have it. But the rear body bottom shape says its the Ecosport. And I guess its certainly going for the Auto Expo.

Excellent scoop!

Last edited by _raVan_ : 3rd January 2012 at 17:35.
Old 3rd January 2012, 17:35   #6
BANNED

Is it the new Maruti SUV?

And, a scoop from Sid after a long time, IMO!
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop pics : Small unknown concept under cover *Update* It's the Tata Indica Vista-12.jpg  

Last edited by romeomidhun : 3rd January 2012 at 17:36.
Old 3rd January 2012, 17:36   #7
Senior - BHPian

The car was going towards pragati maidan, obviously.
Old 3rd January 2012, 17:38   #8
BHPian

This seems like a production version of Ford Vertrek concept, in other words, 2012 Ford Kuga.

Old 3rd January 2012, 19:00   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Is it the new Maruti SUV?

And, a scoop from Sid after a long time, IMO!
+1 to that, the rear diffuser(?) from the scoop pics looks very similar to the Maruti SUV concept pics.
Old 3rd January 2012, 19:25   #10
BHPian

I saw Hyundai ix35 here in Jo'burg today and this vehicle-under-covers looks very similar to that.

Regarding possibility of a Maruti SUV, I dont think it is from Maruti because of a rear-disk brake. "Affordable" being one of the parameters of all vehicles from Maruti stable, I think they'll use rear drum brakes instead.

I would love to be corrected though.
Old 3rd January 2012, 21:26   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
+1 to that, the rear diffuser(?) from the scoop pics looks very similar to the Maruti SUV concept pics.
Unlikely, one the alloys are different. The side skirts details are different. Definitely not an Maruti, as it is concept!

Concepts are seldom transported in open trucks, but mostly through containers (some OEMs choose special one with humidity and temperature controls to enable better surface protection in transit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb10gagan View Post
This seems like a production version of Ford Vertrek concept, in other words, 2012 Ford Kuga.
Yep looks quite close with the bumper details. But thats me, may we will have an googly at the expo. Anyways ups the expectations towards the event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_007 View Post
Regarding possibility of a Maruti SUV, I dont think it is from Maruti because of a rear-disk brake. "Affordable" being one of the parameters of all vehicles from Maruti stable, I think they'll use rear drum brakes instead.
with you

Thats another great scoop from Sid.
Old 4th January 2012, 00:43   #12
Senior - BHPian

I'll say its the upcoming Hyundai concept, maybe the HND-7, the wheels look too much Hyundai-like to me. Just my two cents
Old 4th January 2012, 06:39   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Also to me the car looks like the new ford fiesta Hatch.
It does look a lot like the fiesta hatch!

Scoop pics : Small unknown concept under cover *Update* It's the Tata Indica Vista-fiesta.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_007 View Post
I saw Hyundai ix35 here in Jo'burg today and this vehicle-under-covers looks very similar to that.
I don't think this looks like the ix35.

ix35 has a somewhat extended boot and this doesn't (ix35 is an aggressively styled SUV where as this looks a lot like a sportier hatch).

Cheers!!
Old 4th January 2012, 10:10   #14
Senior - BHPian

If black dot in center of rear bumper is a rear-view camera, then this model definitely can't be from Maruti. Such features are not expected from Maruti Suzuki even if it's for a concept car.
Red strip on spoke of alloy wheel, which manufacturer has used it earlier for concept vehicles? OR has it been added to give Sports look/feel to the vehicle. If yes, then it could be from Hyundai or Tata. Their vehicles get these dashes of colour to give Sporty feel even if vehicle may not have it (Don't flame me for saying this).

Last edited by sukiwa : 4th January 2012 at 10:16. Reason: additions
Old 4th January 2012, 10:11   #15
BHPian

It looks like a Nissan SUV to me..The wheels resembles some of the Nissan/Infiniti models.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed