Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2007, 18:48   #31
BHPian

i have a feeling the 3 & 5 series should do well. one reason why BMW as of now does not have many takers is that they do not have that much of a presence in the country as compared to Mercedes. That may be a negative factor for customers who shell out that kind of money.

But now , things will change on that front, i.e. inspire better customer confidence. that should in turn lead to better sales.

Initially at least you can bet it will sell on account of the exclusivity factor as compared to Mercedes, as the three pointed star is almost the de-facto standard in that segment.

also many people believe BMW to be much more of an involving vehicle as compared to Mercedes.
Old 5th April 2007, 19:17   #32

Apparently the waiting period is about a month for 2.0 Liter car (OTR= 30 lakhs) and upto three months for 2.5L (OTR = 35 lakhs). Any thoughts on which one should buy (assuming one is crazy enough to shell out that much for what has specs similar to a Civic)?
Old 5th April 2007, 20:12   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWBugy781 View Post
Apparently the waiting period is about a month for 2.0 Liter car (OTR= 30 lakhs) and upto three months for 2.5L (OTR = 35 lakhs). Any thoughts on which one should buy (assuming one is crazy enough to shell out that much for what has specs similar to a Civic)?
I am sure you understand that cars like Beemers and Mercs command a premium for reasons above just 'specs'. Its not jus tin India but in rest of the world too.
Guess, that provides some food for thought.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks