Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2012, 13:37   #301
BHPian

Re: The Mega Auto Expo 2012 Thread : General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics

The fit and finish of the Ertiga looks good, do we have the specs of the car and the pricing.
Old 6th January 2012, 13:38   #302
BHPian

Renault Pulse Launched, Duster to be launched later on this month. Images up on their website.
Link : Renault - Overview

Renault Pulse : Models and Ex-showroom prices in Bangalore

RxL : 5,77,000
RxL [with Airbag optional] : 5,95,500
RxZ : 6,25,000
RxZ [with Airbag optional] : 6,37,500

Last edited by AdrenalinJunkie : 6th January 2012 at 13:46.
Old 6th January 2012, 13:43   #303
BHPian

This is thread can be a very useful jump-off to the "glory" details of manufacturer specific threads that have been started as part of this.

May I suggest that as the specific threads on a vehicle or manufacturer come on line, they are hyper-linked to this first list so that one can access the relevant thread from here as well?

Looking forward to more coverage! Any live streaming/ video clips? Might be useful as walk-arounds etc.
Old 6th January 2012, 13:48   #304
BHPian

Mods - Can we have a separate thread for Renault?
Old 6th January 2012, 13:50   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
How come nothing on Mahindra's stall?
Someone post pictures of the Mahindra stall for those who are not visiting the Expo. I could only find 1 picture of the Thar Expedition in the Thar TD thread.
Don't forget to get more info on the Thar - Where is the A/C ??
Old 6th January 2012, 13:55   #306
Distinguished - BHPian

I have a feeling that the Innova sales will take a hit with all these new smaller SUVs coming in the market. I can see a lot of people going in for the Ertiga/Duster/Ecosport rather then the Innova unless you absolutely need that last seat. All of these will seat 5 in comfort even over long distance drives and will have ample storage space at the back. They will be easier to park, cost less and probably be more fun to drive.
Old 6th January 2012, 14:01   #307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrenalinJunkie View Post
Renault Pulse Launched, Duster to be launched later on this month. Images up on their website.
Are you saying the duster will be launched later this month? I just called renault and they are tightlipped about the release. all they have to say is "Sir, we cannot reveal which month or what price it is getting launched at, but we can only tell you that it will be launched this year".

Surely they are waiting for the enthusiasm to die down after auto expo and then they might surely launch this thing.

AdrenalinJ, can you specify what you really meant by your opinion?
Old 6th January 2012, 14:01   #308
BHPian

Here is the first set of details on Duster. Source: Autocar India.

Renault showcases Duster at the Expo - News - Autocar India
Old 6th January 2012, 14:04   #309
BHPian

The Ertiga looks elegantly better than the innova. The spec looks good. Any information on the price tag?
Old 6th January 2012, 14:08   #310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
I have a feeling that the Innova sales will take a hit with all these new smaller SUVs coming in the market. I can see a lot of people going in for the Ertiga/Duster/Ecosport rather then the Innova unless you absolutely need that last seat. All of these will seat 5 in comfort even over long distance drives and will have ample storage space at the back. They will be easier to park, cost less and probably be more fun to drive.
Even the Strome should be in that list of probables.
Old 6th January 2012, 14:11   #311
BHPian

[COLOR=#000000]Maruti Suzuki unveiled the Ertiga (er T Ga) at the Auto Expo and said that the market launch will take place in end of March or beginning of April.
For Suzuki Ertiga is another fine example of its expertise for developing fuel efficient, light-weight compact cars – Ertiga creates new customer segments – Suzuki known globally for fuel efficient vehicles – the global premiere of Ertiga is important for Maruti as it reflects the preparedness for future – With entry into UV segment, MSIL will strengthen its leadership – Ertiga also showcases technology – new K Series engine (K-14) – diesel engine will also play a significant role – Super Turbo DDiS diesel engine – in a few months, the Ertiga will be launched.
Kenichi Ayukawa Managing Officer, Executive General Manager of Suzuki Motor Corporation says compact, small, light weight and efficient cars hold the future. Ertiga is designed for families that are socially connected.
According to Maruti Suzuki, what does the MPV customer want?
Supporting lifestyle, daily stress free city driving and car that fits their aspirations – Designed for changing lifestyles – easy to maneuver and park – offers them higher status but is easy to use.
Compact MPV – Maruti calls it as India’s first compact 3 row MPV – 4,265mm long, 1,695mm wide, 1,685mm tall and 2,745mm wheelbase – class-leading fuel economy – 1.4-liter VVT petrol engine making 70KW/130Nm and 1.3L diesel engine with 66KW/200Nm
ARAI fuel efficiency figure of 20.77kmpl for the diesel and 16.02kmpl for the petrol.
Safety features – ABS, EBD, Airbags and Immobilizer

Source: Indian Auto Blog[/COLOR]
Old 6th January 2012, 14:19   #312
Senior - BHPian

For the first time they made a car which looks good! Ertiga is a sure success for sure. Any info on Duster price?
Old 6th January 2012, 14:27   #313
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Ertiga 2012 MPV Features and Specifications In India

"Maruti Ertiga comes in both petrol and diesel engine options. The petrol engine is a K Series Suzuki engine and the diesel is a Multi-jet diesel which propels the MPV quite efficiently. The interiors are beige and give an upmarket feel with large AC vents for rear passengers mounted on the roof just before the second row of seats. The plastics of the car are also beige and light colour tone give feeling of added space. The dashboard design is also attractive with an integrated two-din audio system in the central console. There is a sporty gear knob like the SX4 and a 3 spoke steering wheel on the Ertiga which also happens to be beige in colour.
The K series petrol engine is 1.4 liter K14 engine which produces maximum power of 70KW and maximum torque of 130Nm. It gives class leading fuel efficiency of 16.02KMPL. The diesel engine is turbocharged DDIS engine with 66KW of peak power and 200Nm of torque. It also delivers class leading mileage in its segments which is 20.77KMPL.

It has seating capacity of seven adults (2x3x2). This is first Indian compact MPV with 3 row of seats. "

Maruti Ertiga Unveiled At Auto Expo 2012–Price, Pictures, Specifications, Features, Colour Options And Details
Old 6th January 2012, 14:32   #314
BHPian

Just had a look at the carblog website. The price for the base Diesel version rumoured to be around 9L seems to be a bit on the higher side. But the looks of the Ertiga is well put.

Last edited by joe1980 : 6th January 2012 at 14:32. Reason: Spelling
Old 6th January 2012, 14:36   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
Are you saying the duster will be launched later this month? I just called renault and they are tightlipped about the release. all they have to say is "Sir, we cannot reveal which month or what price it is getting launched at, but we can only tell you that it will be launched this year".

Surely they are waiting for the enthusiasm to die down after auto expo and then they might surely launch this thing.

AdrenalinJ, can you specify what you really meant by your opinion?
Oops, my post sounds misleading. This is what I have inferred from their auto-response on the website - the Duster models and pricing would be announced sometime later this month. Bookings have apparently already started and I have no idea when the first vehicles would be delivered. Actual the official launch i'm assuming should be before all this so I'm guessing that the duster would be unveiled officially by Renault sometime this month. I have no "Insider Info" on the same or anything, just what I expect.

Last edited by AdrenalinJunkie : 6th January 2012 at 14:38.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks