Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2012, 17:23   #331
BHPian

Re: The Mega Auto Expo 2012 Thread : General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics

@ all those who are at the auto expo venue , did any of you hear anything from the Volkswagen stall about the so much romoured 2012 Polo with bluetooth headset and steering controls ? News were around from almost 6 months about this . Scoops of 1.5 L Diesel 94 BHp was also seen .
Any clue ?

Overall except for the Ford ecosport , Maruti concept compact SUV , Safari Storm and the RE thunderbird 500 , I cant see anything very exciting in this Auto Expo
Old 6th January 2012, 17:28   #332
BHPian

Guys at the Expo, is there any new Diesel automatic, between the Verna and the Germans (Laura, Jetta, et al).
Thanks.
Old 6th January 2012, 17:31   #333
BHPian

I am not hearing much about Mahindras! Am I missing something?
Just saw the next version THAR in the official review thread. Can someone confirm about the interiors? Is that the same as the current version or any upgrades there? I would love to see one in hardtop too. But I think I will have to wait!

Also VW, is there anything interesting with Polo? Like 1.5L Diesel.
Old 6th January 2012, 17:33   #334
BHPian

Apart from Ecosport and Duster there is nothing exciting this time around. Any news about Mini Xylo? Is it being launched or what?
Old 6th January 2012, 18:01   #335
Senior - BHPian

TVS @ AutoExpo 2012

TVS bikes at 2012 Auto Expo

TVS bikes at the 2012 Auto Expo include the RTR 250 FXm an off-roading machine which takes the center stage at the indian bike maker’s exhibit. Apart from the exciting 250, there is also an electric scooter called QUBE on display. The company has also showcased a new technology which replaced CVT in scooters with a proper auto transmission saving more than 20 per cent fuel. The engine used in this technology showcase can also be used for bikes. Another highlight is a quad bike. A new 125 bike is also showcased along with the regular lineup of TVS vehicles
jkdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2012, 18:05   #336
Senior - BHPian

Re: TVS @ AutoExpo 2012

Seems no new Apache 180

But this engine can go into new Apache I guess! Love the 250cc competition more now!

But RTR160 gets some changes

http://www.bsmotoring.com/news/tvs-l...er-edge/2687/1

Last edited by jkdas : 6th January 2012 at 18:10.
Old 6th January 2012, 18:15   #337
Distinguished - BHPian

The media days were yesterday and today only right? How come then no info yet about the Audi Q3, the CS versions of Dzire, Manza and the new BMW 3 series? Did these cars not make it to the expo finally?

Also any idea which car did member SidIndica spot a couple of days back in another thread?

Last edited by Samurai : 6th January 2012 at 18:24. Reason: SidIndica is not a moderator, never was.
Old 6th January 2012, 18:18   #338
BHPian

^^ No manza CS , there was only Manza hybrid. Could not spot Dzire CS as well.

Well I went yesterday and today as well, came out in 2 hours today.
Not much happening there and whats with no theme displays.
Only suzuki and benz themes were exciting, rest were plain displays with congestion not much.
Felt bad for almost empty force stands, force one third row space is good although it looks like a cheap job at places (saw it for the first time)
BTW a big thumbs down from me to the new fortuner!
Harley stand was an eye candy.

Last edited by kaks15 : 6th January 2012 at 18:22.
Old 6th January 2012, 18:30   #339
A M
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Also any idea which car did member SidIndica spot a couple of days back in another thread?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluengel180 View Post
Mystery solved .

Its the INDICA VISTA

Attachment 864420
Its the Indica Vista turbocharged 140bhp version.
Old 6th January 2012, 18:55   #340
Senior - BHPian

Finally Auto Expo-ed!

Guys today I attended the auto expo and it was quite fun. But even today when general public was not allowed there was huge rush and I don't even dare to go there on weekends.

Please make sure you take care of your wallets and mobiles as there were few thefts reported even today when only special invitees were allowed.

I took around 400+ pictures, will share select photos with you guys in couple of hours. I have lots of photos of the new Safari, Fortuner.

Watch out for photos in couple of hours.

Last edited by bluevolt : 6th January 2012 at 18:57.
bluevolt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2012, 19:01   #341
Senior - BHPian

Re: TVS @ AutoExpo 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Seems no new Apache 180 ...But this engine can go into new Apache I guess! Love the 250cc competition more now!
Wow, looks like a real good off road bike. And yes the same 250cc mill with some retuning for the street can go onto the RTR series if ever TVS gets around to doing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
The "hyperedge" has been around for quite a while now. So nothing new on the 160 front.
Old 6th January 2012, 19:20   #342
Senior - BHPian

A quick look at www.marutiertiga.com yields nothing at all, however the who is to that domain points to a person who works for maruti with his maruti email id. So we can expect the website to be hopefully up and running soon.

Will anyone have any reliable info on the base pricing at least for this vehicle please?
Old 6th January 2012, 19:35   #343
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I went to Auto Expo today, reached there at 11am and at that time the place was not too crowded. But by the time we decided to leave, the place was jam packed. God only know what will happen on weekends

Below are the highlights and low lights.

Lowlights:
- No Dzire CS
- No Verito CS
- No mini xylo
- No Xylo facelift
- Audi, Skoda and BMW stalls were jam packed, so didnt dare to go there.

- The maruti concept SUV looks good. I really hope this car comes to roads soon.
The Mega Auto Expo 2012 Thread : General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics-maruti-suv.jpg

- For some reason Maruti has chosen to display these rather ugly looking MPV vehicles apprantly flown down from Japan. I dont see any reason why these vehicles should be displayed when they might never see the light of day here.
The Mega Auto Expo 2012 Thread : General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics-solio.jpg
The Mega Auto Expo 2012 Thread : General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics-mr-wagon.jpg

- SX4 Sport(hatchback) this was a nice addition.. hopefully Maruti will launch it.
The Mega Auto Expo 2012 Thread : General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics-sx4.jpg

- A-Star convertible.. another concept car.
The Mega Auto Expo 2012 Thread : General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics-star-convertible.jpg

- Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 - This one is going to rule the sales charts now.. nice product!!
The Mega Auto Expo 2012 Thread : General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics-re-tbts-500.jpg
The Mega Auto Expo 2012 Thread : General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics-re-cafe-racer-concept.jpg

- Outside the Mercedes hall, there was this M class which was showing its capabilities over a ramp.
The Mega Auto Expo 2012 Thread : General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics-m-class-.jpg

- New captiva looks good but too bad no sigs of facelifted cruze
The Mega Auto Expo 2012 Thread : General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics-captiva.jpg

- The new sonata and volester
The Mega Auto Expo 2012 Thread : General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics-new-sonata.jpg
The Mega Auto Expo 2012 Thread : General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics-veloster.jpg

Last edited by revved_up : 6th January 2012 at 19:41.
revved_up is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2012, 19:54   #344
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
- SX4 Sport(hatchback) this was a nice addition.. hopefully Maruti will launch it.
This one looks much more proportionate than SX4 sedan. Hope Maruti has a positive plan for it.
Old 6th January 2012, 20:07   #345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick79

Now awaiting the price bifurcation trim wise. Any news about the official commercial launch if any?
I was watching some news channel. Somebody from maruti said the launch would be somewhere in the first quarter of next year.

Most Viewed