Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2012, 23:26   #496
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Mega Auto Expo 2012 Thread : General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Is there an individual thread on Skoda?

However, apart from the Fabia Scout, I dont think there are many models to be shown. Barring the Yeti 4X2, though? Or is there something more?
Just uploaded by Rehaan:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/auto-e...po-2012-a.html

Hey Rehaan, your doing great work there man..
Ym-enjn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2012, 23:29   #497
BHPian

I can't say about the exact motive behind installing those models (with fake smiles, which vanishes as fast too) but I think they are there to compliment the product not attract the public.
If ever companies think that these girl models can help getting their products better, then they are mistaken.
Such event is for enthusiasts and potential buyers which are least bothered who is standing next to the cars, in fact they prefer nobody to be there.
Whereas most of the people there were neither enthusiast nor potential buyers, they were busy collecting the carry bags, calenders, stickers etc. Looking at the cars and bike like eye candy just like they were gazing at those (wannabe model) girls. The very next day you inquire about the cars they saw at expo and they will be blank. Won't be able to relate the car with company and FORGET ABOUT TECHNICAL DATA.
Many might have gone there for outing only and there is some event and would be freebies.
Just imagine what impression those representatives will be taking back with them. For profit they will still do business but not with respect of our countrymen.
So this is a very sad state and there is a need to purge the crowd otherwise such valuable events will be invaded and vandalized.
Honda Monk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2012, 09:10   #498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
Some of us are blaming people coming to see only Models and not Cars.. Come on guys you just cant put full blame on them . See below pics and decide for yourself..
I think it is the other way around, they have consciously used ugly models so that the cars look good by contrast.
PhiGolden is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2012, 10:19   #499
BHPian

How about a poll to determine which car was the star of the Expo?

I have a feeling it is the Ford Ecosport. My vote would go for that.
Old 12th January 2012, 10:35   #500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitg79 View Post

+100. Others were just to either show that they are a so-so brand (think MINI), or just a naam ke vaaste presence (Honda!). Ford-Ecosport scores in its seriousness (mind you people, it was a global launch/presentation of a product, showcasing a new engine), technology wise and sensitivity to the Indian market. Ford.
Old 12th January 2012, 11:08   #501
BHPian

There is no thread on Bajaj. Didnt they participate in the expo? I was so looking forward to KTM Duke 200 launch or pricing.
Old 12th January 2012, 12:25   #502
BHPian

Re: The Mega Auto Expo 2012 Thread : Where are the Compact Sedans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolman View Post

What happened to all the "Compact Variants of the existing Cars" that were likely to be shown in the Auto Expo 2012???
  1. Maruti Dzire Compact Sedan (based on the New Swift)
  2. Tata Manza Compact Sedan
  3. Mahindra Verito Compact Sedan
  4. Honda Brio Sedan
  5. Mahindra Xylo Mini
  6. Ambassador Compact
Was expecting these to make some impact in the Auto Expo.

Until about couple of months there were talks everywhere, about these "sub-4-meter" variants.

Thanks,
C_

People who were present at the AUTO EXPO - Do you have any news on the above?

I couldn't find any in the media, news, internet etc.
Old 12th January 2012, 12:41   #503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolman View Post
What happened to all the "Compact Variants of the existing Cars" that were likely to be shown in the Auto Expo 2012???
  1. Maruti Dzire Compact Sedan (based on the New Swift)
  2. Tata Manza Compact Sedan
  3. Mahindra Verito Compact Sedan
  4. Honda Brio Sedan
  5. Mahindra Xylo Mini
  6. Ambassador Compact
None of above cars were displayed at auto expo. Simply absent.
Old 12th January 2012, 12:47   #504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsCry View Post
None of above cars were displayed at auto expo. Simply absent.
Hey thanks for the update.

Beats me, Guys!!!

I thought the next 12 months would in some way or the other belong to all the Compact Sedan (CS) variants in the entry level Sedan segment, but not even one?

I just read in a post from Rehaan (the link on Mahindra at AUTO EXPO) that the compact Verito would come only in 2013...

What's going on? Are the manufactures shying away?
Old 12th January 2012, 13:42   #505
BHPian

This year's Auto Expo has been a major disappointment. I had a worst experience this year. I went there with my wife in premium hours and felt sick of being there and left midway even though i had made lot of efforts to be at the auto expo. I have read all the previous posts before posting this and there are two very important points which we have to realize as shared very rightly by people earlier:

1. The organizers have to go back to the drawing board and chalk out solid planning and strategy if they want to even remotely improve the next version of the Auto Expo.

2. What kind of impression are we going to leave on the auto companies? Looking at a crowd like this, if i'm a manufacturer i will not be too keen to do business here. As someone rightly said these are not the customers who are going to buy our cars. No wonders most of the manufacturers regard us as a third world nation when it comes to their product line-ups.

There is a serious need to segregate the crowd and this has to be done logically. We have to go back to the basics and realize what exactly is the purpose of the Auto Expo. Right now the only major purpose i can see from the organizer's point of view is to attract as much crowd as possible. This is conflicting with the very basic objective of this event!

The organizers have to identify and realize the important objectives of this event once again. Right now i see a major failure in that area!

Also the organizers have to take proper steps to ensure that only the right kind of people/crowd is attracted to the auto expo. They should negate all the unwanted and "Picnic Potential" visitors. They can definitely plan out ways which might make it possible to attract only the enthusiasts, true potential customers, media, B2B customers and others. Some of those ways could be:

1. The biggest problem is the venue itself. Technically speaking Pragati Maidan is an excellent venue to organize the events but an event like auto expo has to be looked from the different perspective. Pragati Maidan is centrally located and it is highly convenient to travel to this venue. There are numerous options available and the biggest of them all is the Delhi Metro. If we shift the venue to some other remote and not so easy to access location such as near to F1 track then it will automatically negate most of the unwanted crowd. Only those people who are true enthusiasts or have a genuine need or reason to visit the event will make an effort to travel there.

2. Remove the concept of sale of tickets to the Premium Visitors. There should be sale of tickets for only general visitors and that too for select few days (2-3 days max). This will enable the organizers to plan out those particular days accordingly because of the increase in footfalls. This way premium visitors won't have to suffer.

3. The Premium Visitors should be strictly on the invitation basis or based on the certain identities. There should be some eligibility criteria to be a premium visitor. The invitation passes can be spread through various channels in decent numbers such as through corporate invites, magazine or community subscribers, customers of auto companies, automobile owners, SME owners etc. The idea is to properly identify the premium customer. I'm sure there are various ways to reach a large no. of premium customers through proper planning.

4. Increase the Ticket rates for the general visitors. The current prices are almost negligible. The current General hour ticket is Rs. 200. I dare say increase it to Rs. 2000 and see the difference. A single ticket will suffice the need for 10 people looking at the current equation.

5. Keep the media days strictly for media people and participants only, in order to remove any unwanted disturbances. This will enable the media to provide a well detailed and comprehensive coverage to general public. This should be good enough for most of the people and this way the participants of the auto expo won't also feel left out. After all their participation and their products will be properly covered and presented to the public.

6. The organizers should provide ways to broadcast live events of the participating companies and events of auto expo on the internet. This will keep both the participants and public happy.

7. The general visitors days can be held on the weekdays instead of the weekends. Should be a good way to avoid hordes of families coming for the picnic purpose. Weekends can be kept for the premium visitors/invitees.

8. The organizers should also provide the secured online portal through which general visitors can purchase the e-tickets which can suffice as entry ticket. This way the queues on the ticket counters can be reduced to a large extent. Also limit the numbers of ticket which can be sold to the public. Right now there is no limit!

If the organizers open their eyes and take necessary steps the next Auto Expo can be a success and fruitful event.

Last edited by ashish22 : 12th January 2012 at 13:46.
ashish22 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th January 2012, 14:05   #506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
+100. Others were just to either show that they are a so-so brand (think MINI), or just a naam ke vaaste presence (Honda!). Ford-Ecosport scores in its seriousness (mind you people, it was a global launch/presentation of a product, showcasing a new engine), technology wise and sensitivity to the Indian market. Ford.
Totally agree with you. Ford for choosing this venue to launch a global product. I also liked the new Manza Hybrid concept which is a real new star from an Indian manufacturer. The other one - Mahindra - I feel, really disappointed with no major/ breaking concepts. I really liked the XUV in the starting, but now that like has started to fade away (even if I am not understanding why it is happening so). Safari Storme disappointed me from what is seen in the pics and the description, but I feel it is at par when compared with XUV (just my thought, no offences, I have not seen a Safari Storme in flesh and have not driven an XUV, so this is just my feeling from what I have read).

Quote:

My vote would go for this + Manza Hybrid.
Old 12th January 2012, 14:21   #507
BHPian

I just had a radical idea!

What if the organizers keep a dedicated booth for the models (female, not automotive) while the other booths can be dedicated to cars and bikes.

That way, the model-ogling crowd will get out of the way and the true petrolheads can look at cars in peace.
amitg79 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th January 2012, 15:40   #508
BHPian

Quote:
I just had a radical idea!

What if the organizers keep a dedicated booth for the models (female, not automotive) while the other booths can be dedicated to cars and bikes.

That way, the model-ogling crowd will get out of the way and the true petrolheads can look at cars in peace.

Ha ha ha..that made my day and I can't stop laughing now!! Everyone in the office is staring at me!
Old 12th January 2012, 18:42   #509
BHPian

Went to Auto Expo on Monday 9th Jan during general hours. Missed booking the premium hours ticket. Was accompanied by wife and kid. Entry was fast since I had kid with me and I could jump the queue.People were curtious enough to allow to move ahead. However inside the venue there was just too much crowd. Did not get time to cover all the stalls. crowd management at VW and BMW stalls was pathetic. very few people were actually allowed to look at the vehicles in detail. Others had to just pass by. Since few people were allowed separately near the vehicles they were lingering around the vehicles and you could hardly get a view of the vehicles. Overall good experience. Liked the Tata, Maruti, Hero Motors stalls the most.

Last edited by the VTEC guy : 12th January 2012 at 18:43.
Old 12th January 2012, 20:51   #510
BHPian

Went to the Auto expo yesterday, left pretty early, I actually reached there at 8:30 in the morning. Once I reached Pragati Maidan Metro station, purchased tickets at the Metro station, 500 for the premium ones, so far so good.

I reached gate no 7 entrance at around 9:10 and some how was let in, although only pass holders were allowed at this time.

Once inside it was still quite empty, started walking in and made to a lot of stalls but was not let in as stalls only open at 10 am, fair enough, got a hold of my bearings, tried to locate what is where and walked and stood in line at the Mercedes stall, had read quite good stuff so thought why not get in line early and view the stall.

This is when the drama started, people who have been to the expo will know that the MB stall entrance takes up bit of the road, so at around 9:50 there is an ambassador coming in with a red light, then comes another and then an accent all with red lights and three stars for number plates. Out walks a funny looking fella trying his very best to look cool and this guy is surrounded by not less than thirty, yes thirty, I actually counted 26 but gave up after that, different men in uniform and in suits, trying all to look very FBI. I couldnt recognise him and I really do watch all the news everyday. Anyways MR important goes in the stall does God knows what inside and comes out. On the other hand the normal folk outside are queeing up there must be atleast 250 people in the line waiting for some ***, sorry for my language guys, to come out. We were finally let in at 10:45 after Sirji had left with his entourage.

And there in lies the problem, I know India is a land of the VIP, but come on this is pushing it. I have lived in the U.K. for over nine years, I have seen the prime minister countless times in London and it would be a lucky day when he would get anything more than a patrol car with two cops inside, here on the other hand every body with a God damn position of power, however big or small the power is acts all important.

I wont go into the problems of crowd management and the general dismay the auto expo was. The companies were equally to blame, what was the reason of prostituting themselves so openly, The Tata stall had no models only company folk and guess what it was quite popular as well.
I think CII, SIAM and the automobile manufacturers of India are all to blame for the blame for the joke this auto expo was.

I have attended both the Detroit and Frankfurt auto expo’s , things move to the book in these places.

The only part of the expo which actually felt like an expo was the area where component manufacturers had set up shop. Only serious folk there.

I only wish things are even 5% better next time around, so one can go there for one and only thing, love of the automobile.

Sorry if I have offended any one, just my thoughts.
eq24 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks