Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2012, 11:32   #166
Team-BHP Support

Re: SCOOP Pics : Peugeot (207, 508) spotted testing on the MH Expressway

Mods note: Thread merged.
Old 5th January 2012, 12:11   #167
BHPian

I am really disappointed. The Diesel Automatic seems mouthwatering but considering the specs and the interior pics, looks like the 5-series is going to be priced in the 18L to 23L bracket.

I am disappointed because this pricing clearly places it out of my reach. I have read quite a bit about Peugeot - that they are not a racer's fantasy but certainly a driver's delight. Also that the cars don't shout out loud about looks or performance but just go around silently killing competition.

If only Peugeot gets pricing and after sales right this time around...
Old 5th January 2012, 15:18   #168
Senior - BHPian

Maybe I am not informed enough but there seems to be a lot of confusion regarding the 508. Internationally, this competes with the Passat/Accord/Mondeo. Remember, in Europe Peugeot cars are generally more expensive than the respective VWs. PSA never competes on price with anyone in Europe.

However, here the engine specs seem to suggest a 1.6 liter engine. Does that mean that it will compete with Jetta/Laura? If so, I am interested. But the Passat/Superb range is out of my league. So, which segment does it go to?
Also, what is the tentative plan for launch of this vehicle?

BTW, I think it is gorgeous. Not quirky like Fluence. Chick French flair

Last edited by Abhi_Automobile : 5th January 2012 at 15:21.
Old 11th January 2012, 14:36   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Maybe I am not informed enough but there seems to be a lot of confusion regarding the 508. Internationally, this competes with the Passat/Accord/Mondeo. Remember, in Europe Peugeot cars are generally more expensive than the respective VWs. PSA never competes on price with anyone in Europe.

However, here the engine specs seem to suggest a 1.6 liter engine. Does that mean that it will compete with Jetta/Laura? If so, I am interested. But the Passat/Superb range is out of my league. So, which segment does it go to?
Also, what is the tentative plan for launch of this vehicle?

BTW, I think it is gorgeous. Not quirky like Fluence. Chick French flair
Spot on!! This will compete with the Accord/Passat/Superb in India. It won't be anywhere close to either of these as far as rear seat comfort is concerned.

Having tested the 508 on the Mumbai-Pune expressway (old and new) I can safely say that power was more than 120 bhp. AFAIK the power rating was around 160bhp. They wouldn't tell me the launch date but it is expected to hit our roads this year and it should be priced at around 20L give or take a 10%.

Is it value for money? Only if you drive yourself.
Old 23rd January 2012, 11:39   #170
BHPian

I spotted these 2 in december 2011.

Proper registered number plates. What made me squint was that they both had the same number plates. Word for word, number for number, space for space.

A thing of beauty, this 2 door car.
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP Pics : Peugeot (207, 508) spotted testing on the MH Expressway-img2011121000486.jpg  

SCOOP Pics : Peugeot (207, 508) spotted testing on the MH Expressway-img2012010200504.jpg  

Old 31st January 2012, 08:23   #171
BHPian

Quite taken aback to read that Peugeot is rethinking its India plans!

Peugeot shutting down Mumbai office; reviews India plans - The Economic Times

Cheers,
Old 31st January 2012, 08:40   #172
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post
Quite taken aback to read that Peugeot is rethinking its India plans!

Peugeot shutting down Mumbai office; reviews India plans - The Economic Times

Cheers,
Old Habits die hard!

"The group is currently evaluating the scheduling of the project, which may lead to some adjustments to the schedule as it currently stands," said Jonathan Goodman, director relations presse, PSA Peugeot Citroen.

I just dont think they are committed to the Indian market. If they go in for a partnership again - I would not even consider buying their cars, for they could close and go whenever 'home market' situation gets worse!
Old 31st January 2012, 08:41   #173
Senior - BHPian

Isnt it quite strange? When things are going wrong at the home front, one should look at greener avenues and try and set up a new "home".

Btw, they just realized that things are going wrong? Why did they participate in the auto expo? They could have saved on some HUGE cash!
Old 21st February 2012, 13:53   #174
BHPian

I must say, a serious setback. As the world sees the potential of Indian buyers, I don't know why they have to get far and then pull it back.

I remember Sivaji (Ranjni movie) where for anything good bee it hospitals / auto manufacturers state govts. want just percentage of their total cost. So sad. So sad. Sad state.

Mod Note : Please continue the discussion on the latest Peugeot thread. Thanks

Last edited by GTO : 26th April 2012 at 12:48. Reason: Adding link to new thread
Old 11th March 2013, 12:37   #175
BANNED

Peugeot hatchback for India?

Today morning at around 8 am saw one car having huge Peugeot logo on its bonnet and rear door were having Bosch written on both sides, the engine bay was quite similar in size to Fiat Grand Punto and rear part was same as Honda Brio size, couldn't clicked pics due to traffic and immediately it zoomed away, it was at Bangalore, Koramangala 1st block in front of Nous Systems.
Do we have any further info on this car?Looks like this is going to be Peugeot's come back car to India.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks