Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2011, 23:03   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: SCOOP Pics : Peugeot (207, 508) spotted testing on the MH Expressway

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd August 2011 at 15:03.
aravind.anand is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 1st August 2011, 23:36   #17
Senior - BHPian

1) Thanks for the super Scoop!!!!! Its scoop of the year till date.

2) Great looking cars! They somehow inject fresh design in Indian market which are getting more and more similar looking cars. Save for Swift and Linea, most things are not changing. I agree that looks are subjective, but Peugeots are making the road feel fresh IMO.

3) Bring the 207 with that 1.6 D with 110 bhp. Price it around Rs. 6.8 lakh OTR and see what this car can do. Bye bye i20, Polo and all those super premium hatches ( which IMO are just interested in pricing the car high for higher profits ).

And 508, well, dont place it above Rs. 10 lakh OTR. Peugeot already is not having good image. The best starting point is to price sensibly. Renault had a run with Mahindra, and Renault was new and did not have a dented image like Peugeot.

I just cant wait for these cars to hit the streets.

4) Although OT, Hyundai is just about doing what it does best, copying.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 1st August 2011 at 23:38.
aaggoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2011, 23:43   #18
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Nice catch. I simple love the logo!
I'm wondering why didn't they tape the logo's and the model number!
I assume the cars will be brought down here in CKD form?
PPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2011, 23:52   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Is Peugeot returning to India? After their dismal, rather horrific first innings lets see what they do this time. Do they even have a manufacturing facility anywhere in India right now? And, I am rather surprised with the 'undisguised' cars being used for testing.

Another interesting thing is the placement of the '508' badge. Why?

Overall, they look good but as fellow members have already mentioned, there is a lot of similarity with the previous gen Accord and 508.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
And 508, well, dont place it above Rs. 10 lakh OTR. Peugeot already is not having good image. The best starting point is to price sensibly. Renault had a run with Mahindra, and Renault was new and did not have a dented image like Peugeot.
Well, I seriously hope they do price it as well as you say, but, I think they might just price it around fluence.
Old 2nd August 2011, 05:19   #20
BHPian

That second small car (blue) is a 207 coupe (2 door). Are they really going to sell a small coupe in India?
Old 2nd August 2011, 06:30   #21
Senior - BHPian

That's a great scoop, thanks for taking pains and sharing it with us! It's India-exclusive again in Team-BHP.

Coming to the cars, the 508 sedan looks fabulous, especially when viewed from the front. The grille and the headlights gives so much character to the car that is typically French. The 207 hatch is also looking good, though not as stunning as Punto, Polo and i20. Let's just hope that Indians forget the bad incidents related to Peugeot in the past and accept their models. Again, the 508 looks stunning in that black color!
arvi86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2011, 06:33   #22
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

the peugeot GLD 309 was one of the best cars for Indian road conditions. 12 years ago it was considered a very good vehicle indeed
it is unfortunate that its ill fated alliance with PAL created a certain negativity in the marketplace. But the Peugeot was a super success in Africa and South America and it was thought it would be a super success here too. One thing I will say it was absolutely tough and could pretty much take anything one threw at it. It would be good if they made a come back in India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
That's a great scoop, thanks for taking pains and sharing it with us! It's India-exclusive again in Team-BHP.

Coming to the cars, the 508 sedan looks fabulous, especially when viewed from the front. The grille and the headlights gives so much character to the car that is typically French. The 207 hatch is also looking good, though not as stunning as Punto, Polo and i20. Let's just hope that Indians forget the bad incidents related to Peugeot in the past and accept their models. Again, the 508 looks stunning in that black color!
Old 2nd August 2011, 07:17   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
the peugeot GLD 309 was one of the best cars for Indian road conditions. 12 years ago it was considered a very good vehicle indeed
it is unfortunate that its ill fated alliance with PAL created a certain negativity in the marketplace. But the Peugeot was a super success in Africa and South America and it was thought it would be a super success here too. One thing I will say it was absolutely tough and could pretty much take anything one threw at it. It would be good if they made a come back in India.
Ya, I swear by your words. The 309 could very well take anything that you throw at it. Its bad that companies like Peugeot, Fiat and Mitsubishi have chosen wrong partners for their Indian entry and are bearing the brunt of it.
arvi86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2011, 07:38   #24
Senior - BHPian

Great scoop - bring 'em on Peugeot - the market's waiting!
But but but - keep an eye on that price sticker would you!!

Last edited by blackasta : 2nd August 2011 at 07:39.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2011, 08:07   #25
BHPian

Peugot

Pls bring 207 to India . it's a Beauty on road. here in KL , i see so many Peugeot's running around and they are all drool stuff. i am sure they will give a tough competition to Punto in looks department and run for money for the like of I20 & polo but are we sure that these cars are getting tested for launch here in India ??

I see Nimbu / mirchi hanging in front of both the cars , never seen that on a test car or is it so that somebody has bought them privately and going thru homogenization as per ARAI standards.

PS:- Found this article on their website.

http://www.peugeot.com/en/news/2011/...-in-india.aspx

Last edited by .sushilkumar : 2nd August 2011 at 08:18.
.sushilkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2011, 08:55   #26
BHPian

Great Scoop. The Scoop of the Year for sure.

I had loved the 306 and am still in love with the 306, add to that the large Peugeot Lion trademark. Which adds character to their cars.

I for one am happy to see them re enter India.

Bring it on.
rajchetan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2011, 08:56   #27
Senior - BHPian

Oh man! Brilliant pictures! I'm a huge fan of the 207 and can't wait for them to launch it! We're looking at buying a premium hatch and boy, the 207 looks appealing!
anekho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2011, 09:25   #28
BHPian

I couldn't ask for a better morning

The 508 looks stunning and demands respect! It kinda reminds me of the 2nd gen Accord as someone said. The OEM alloys in 508 are to die for and I'm drooling over & over. I'm not a chrome fanboy, but just love that strip running across the boot lid. It doesn't scream as it does in Etios (NOM). It sans aggressive lines, still the car seems to have a character.

The 207 looks boring (508 effect?) and the only good thing (for me) is the swanky butt.
hdnivara is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2011, 09:30   #29
BHPian

Amazing scoop man. I just love the looks of these Peugeot. As someone rightly said these babies are going to sell for its looks. Just get the services in place and this could be the next buzz in the Indian market
dar3dev|l is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2011, 10:09   #30
Team-BHP Support

Excellent scoop H&A. We had a thread speculating the entry of Peugeot in India. They did have quite some baggage left when they quietly exited India. Hope they shed that image and bring in more competition to the already flooding market.
moralfibre is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks