Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2011, 10:35   #31
BHPian

Re: SCOOP Pics : Peugeot (207, 508) spotted testing on the MH Expressway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark 5 View Post
According to me the Peugeot 207 reminds me of the i20 in some way and the 508 reminds me of the old Honda Accord.
Here is the pictorial comparison between the i20 and 207 (just for reference).
As you can see there is lot of design similarity between the two: the shape of the headlights, the shape of the windows, the rear light etc. and hence it (207) doesn't look appealing to me.
The Peugeots have remained the same for a long time now. The theme can be seen from their earlier generation 307s which were doing the WRC duty. The Getz pretty much looked like the 307.
Also the i20 now looks very much like the 207.

Did a little wiki and found that the Hyundai models were exactly released 2 years after their look-alike peugeots.

Do you see a pattern?
Old 2nd August 2011, 11:22   #32
BHPian

Great Scoop H&A!

The attachement says, they are going to debut again with a sedan first. Hope the pricing would be perfect, to meet and compete in the Indian market.
Marred with their earlier image regarding the service network, hope they will do their home work well in the A.S.S.C's allotment, nos, etc.

The the 207 would definately cause some more turbulence ,( to some extent ) in the already croweded A+ hatch market.
Old 2nd August 2011, 12:02   #33
BHPian

Nice Scoop H&M!!.

Definitely scoop of the year. I quite liked logo for the Peugeot. Mumbai logo thieves will be more than happy by seeing that logo.

This will give definitely a run for numbers to Polo & Punto if introduced with the proper pricing, diesel engines and definitely the A** network.

Any idea whether they are coming individually in market or are they tying up with any other Indian manufacturer.
Old 2nd August 2011, 12:46   #34
Senior - BHPian

Great scoop! Peugeot always made very good looking cars, IMO, but lost their way a few years ago. They seem to have found their way again!

One reason I think Peugeot will do well in India? Their diesels have a very solid reputation, going back to the M&M days. The way things are right now, coming in with a strong reputation for brilliant diesel engines will pull crowds into the showrooms.
Old 2nd August 2011, 13:12   #35
BHPian

Saw the same cars (508) yesterday while going to Mumbai on EWay. Could manage to take only pictures from behind.
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP Pics : Peugeot (207, 508) spotted testing on the MH Expressway-5081.jpg  

SCOOP Pics : Peugeot (207, 508) spotted testing on the MH Expressway-5082.jpg  

Last edited by .anshuman : 7th August 2011 at 16:28. Reason: Watermarked the Pictures. Thanks for sharing.
vikrantj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2011, 14:08   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrantj View Post
Saw the same cars (508) yesterday while going to Mumbai on EWay. Could manage to take only pictures from behind.
I saw it at Hinjewadi, Pune today. I suspect it is being used by some hotel here, though I cannot confirm.

Pradeep
Old 2nd August 2011, 14:14   #37
Senior - BHPian

Nice scoop! I liked the white hatch. Looks modern and has good road presence. Even the sedan looks convincing. Let's hope they get the pricing right (if they are planning to start again in India). But all this will hold good, if they don't repeat their earlier mistakes and come in India independently or with some proper reliable partner.
W.A.G.7 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2011, 14:40   #38
BHPian

Quote:
According to me the Peugeot 207 reminds me of the i20 in some way and the 508 reminds me of the old Honda Accord.
Here is the pictorial comparison between the i20 and 207 (just for reference).
As you can see there is lot of design similarity between the two: the shape of the headlights, the shape of the windows, the rear light etc. and hence it (207) doesn't look appealing to me.
P.S: good job of finding this scoop which is yet to make its way on any car site in India.

Those cars are MH 46 registered right (MH 46 = Panvel) so does that mean that they have a Plant somewhere near Panvel???
You are correct 207/307 will remind you I20. Google for 307 2003 model images, you will be surprised I20 is an exact replica of the same.
Old 2nd August 2011, 15:03   #39
BHPian

Nice scoop there. First impression was the similarity of the hatch with the i20. Just wondering what plans Peugeot have for India. Hopefully they will understand the Indian market better than Renault did, now that the Mahindra alliance ceases to exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Badguy> View Post
Nice Scoop H&M!!.

Definitely scoop of the year. I quite liked logo for the Peugeot. Mumbai logo thieves will be more than happy by seeing that logo.
. Agree totally.
fuel_addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2011, 15:24   #40
BHPian

Awesome scoop and snaps. Both the cars look neat. Hope they don't under-power them with weedy engines. That said, my feeling is that they will come up with a 1.2 petrol for the 207 to take advantage of the duty structure.
The 508 looks menacing in black!
amitg79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2011, 15:27   #41
BHPian

Great scoop there H&A !

According to Autocar UK

Peugeot 207 car reviews & latest news from the experts at Autocar

"Excellent refinement, fine economy, a spacious interior and a decent range of engines are the 207's highlights. It’s a pity it isn’t more fun to drive, but the flip side to that is a five-star Euro NCAP crash test rating. A great all-rounder, basically.

For

* Spacious
* Well made and good looking
* Decent engines

Against

* Quite pricey
* Not as much fun to drive as some rivals
* Depreciation "

UNQUOTE

I think Peugeot can take care of the pricing part since 207 should be replaced anytime soon - all others are already in the next generation 308,408,508,908.

My guess is that the 207 would form the basis of an India specific hatch and sedan.
indivic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2011, 15:30   #42
BHPian

Great scoop, both the cars are smart and the 508 is quite the looker.

Rushlane has more pictures.

Spy Shots: Peugeot 207 and Peugeot 508 in India | Rush Lane
Recompose is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2011, 16:01   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Those cars are MH 46 registered right (MH 46 = Panvel) so does that mean that they have a Plant somewhere near Panvel???
Publicly, Peugeot has not admitted to finalizing their manufacturing location yet. They are in talks with AP, TN and Gujarat states (and looking for the best deal).

The cars are probably one-off imports for testing on Indian conditions or ARAI testing (more likely).

Peugeot makes very good-looking cars and always maintained that they would enter India with a mid-sized sedan (always suspected it would be the 508, glad to see the hunch confimed)

@H&A
ARAI standardised Fuel efficiency test are undertaken in closed environments, I think. Also, Renault and Peugeot are not merging, I'm sure Renault will not allow Peugeot to use their TN facilities
Old 2nd August 2011, 16:24   #44
Senior - BHPian

Nice sccop there H&A! The 508 looks sweet. Nice road presence, with those huge logos. The hatch looks very similar to the i20 though.

Nice clarification in the end of the OP .

Any idea as to when is the actual launch?
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2011, 16:28   #45
BHPian

Now that as scoop ! Drove a Peugeot some while back in Europe. Nice cars.
What i was wondering was who are the partnering with (if at all they are in India).
EasyR1der is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks