Team-BHP - SCOOP Pics : Peugeot (207, 508) spotted testing on the MH Expressway
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   SCOOP Pics : Peugeot (207, 508) spotted testing on the MH Expressway (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/113690-scoop-pics-peugeot-207-508-spotted-testing-mh-expressway.html)

What a stubborn fight the driver of the white hatch put up... :Frustrati

Anyways- three cars, a hatch (207), a slate blue marina type station wagon (sorry couldnt get the rear half or model number) and the grey big one (508).

SCOOP Pics : Peugeot (207, 508) spotted testing on the MH Expressway-peugeot-scoop1.jpg

SCOOP Pics : Peugeot (207, 508) spotted testing on the MH Expressway-peugeot-scoop2.jpg

SCOOP Pics : Peugeot (207, 508) spotted testing on the MH Expressway-peugeot-scoop3.jpg

SCOOP Pics : Peugeot (207, 508) spotted testing on the MH Expressway-peugeot-scoop4.jpg

SCOOP Pics : Peugeot (207, 508) spotted testing on the MH Expressway-peugeot-scoop5.jpg

SCOOP Pics : Peugeot (207, 508) spotted testing on the MH Expressway-peugeot-scoop6.jpg

SCOOP Pics : Peugeot (207, 508) spotted testing on the MH Expressway-peugeot-scoop7.jpg

SCOOP Pics : Peugeot (207, 508) spotted testing on the MH Expressway-peugeot-scoop8.jpg

I saw the 508 first in the morning cutting into the toll lane on MPEH at about 0945Hrs... and he vanished after paying toll- Zip zapper zoom. He flew.
On the way back I first caught the 207 strolling along in the ghats, and when he saw me taking pics- he ran, then he realised he was spoiling his ARAI handbook for averages, and then 'neutralled' till we caught with him, then he hit the brakes... My driver then kept pace- till he got frustrated and told me- "aage jao na baba, aur 4-5 gaadi hai"
(please go, there are a few more cars ahead.)

I couldnt but agree with Mark 5 on looks- the i20, and the Accord (with a Skoda/Euro style boot). The Slate blue guy was a 2-door- but CRV-type piched back... boxy like the Marina, and sloped back like the Honda... before 8 of the attendants descended on me... thats all I got to see of that baby. No tell tale-diesel smoke under acceleration, and they had a petrol like zip to them... Being in an Innova didnt help, but by far they were the fastest things on the road.

Thats when we caught up with the last 508 entering the toll gate... and the others just after the toll_ being the runs (of the ARAI-100000km testing/endorsement/homologation-whatever) Apparently, they were very concerned with the pictures, I was taking, and they said- its another 9 months from launch in India.

Western India testing is under RTO Panvel (the newly launched MH-46),
possible factory loaction is Tamil Nadu. Given their possible merger in Europe, I dont see why they use the monster facility south of Chennai.
Renault continues to dump some Dacia-rebadged cars on India, and one look at the wipers of the Logan, Edward Scissorhands would faint. I wonder who advises them in their faraway HQ's to think India is some Angola or Namibia to sell Dacia models? Having reduced themselves to 'taxi-sellers' they seriously need to up their act. Please, else all this effort- such a waste.
Back to the Peugeots.

When asked other testing in India- I was told, 'Jaane do na Sir,"
(let it go please, Sir.)

- And I wasnt driving.

Nice Scoop! 207, looking nice! 508 has a lot of road presence. They seems to be Indianized by the lemon hanging. :P
The marina looking vehicle could be the 807.

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Lovely looking cars , must have been a task taking pictures while driving on wet roads, thanks for sharing.

The hatchback looks too cool, full import clap:

clap: H & A clap:

Excellent Scoop.

The second picture seems to be a two door sports type model. What is it?

The 508 looks great. Any idea on the price range?

aha...this gives an indication of the models that Peugeot might start their second innings with. 508 has the typical french chic seen in the Renault Fluence. Convincing Indian customers to put their money on them will be the most difficult bit. Apart from a few news reports, Peugeot have been quiet so far.

According to me the Peugeot 207 reminds me of the i20 in some way and the 508 reminds me of the old Honda Accord.:D
Here is the pictorial comparison between the i20 and 207 (just for reference).
As you can see there is lot of design similarity between the two: the shape of the headlights, the shape of the windows, the rear light etc. and hence it (207) doesn't look appealing to me.
P.S: good job of finding this scoop which is yet to make its way on any car site in India. :)

Those cars are MH 46 registered right (MH 46 = Panvel) so does that mean that they have a Plant somewhere near Panvel???

Awesome looking cars. They look just fabulous. Any idea when is Peugeot launching itself in India..

Absolutely fantastic scoop ! And stunning machines ! I loved the 207 too. Much better than an i20 ! Now if they bring it, is it going to be a premium hatch like i20?. I see 3 or 4 508s ! Why do they have so many cars?

PS:: What was the fight with the hatch driver for? The 508 guys seem to be cool in the pics!

Great scoop. @mdsaab spotted the Peugeots on his drive on the e-way today as well, but got no pics. These are lovely. Any idea when Peugeot plans to launch these? One hopes they make a better impression than their country cousins!

If Fiat can sell based on the looks im sure the Peugeots can sell on the looks too. If they get good results in WRC that will help their visibility. Look at VW..they came and they conquered. But it will not be that easy for Peugeot.

Nice looking cars these. Great job!

wow, wow. That was really a well captured scoop.

I love those 508. Thanks.

Btw, the chilli and lemon effect have not left them too?? :)

Beautiful scoop bro! Awesome job!

I say bring the 1.6L turbo-petrol with the 150 & 175bhp on the 207 :-P

The engines most likely for the Indian markets IMO, IF they are using their self-developed engines and not outsourcing as a result of cost-cutting, would be

1.4 L (75hp)(Diesel) - Competing with the re-worked 1.4TDI from the VW Polo,

1.6 L HDi (Diesel)(90hp) - May compel VW to offer the 'baap' 1.6TDI from the Vento on the polo re-tuned to 90hp rather than the 105. Or could be the other way round, Peugeot introducing their 1.6 Petrol (110 hp) in competition to the Polo/Fabia 1.6

Depending on where it is placed in the market, the more competitive Linea-SX4-Vento-ANHV-Fiesta or the more undiscovered Corolla Altis-Civic-Cruze-Fluence because internationally they have a wide range of engines and can cater to both segments IMO, the engines available are as follows, 1.6 L VTI (120 PS), 1.6 L THP (156 PS),1.6 L HDI (112 PS), 2.0 L HDI (140 PS), 2.0 L HDI (163 PS), 2.2 L HDI (204 PS), 2.3 L (171 PS), 2.0 L (147 PS).

I really liked the looks of the 207 and 508 both. Lets see if they go the aggressive way or just be foolish.

Nice catch. That 508 looks spectacular especially from the front and the colour suits the car perfectly. Waiting for Peugeot's re-entry into the marker.