Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2012, 12:36   #151
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault Duster extra charges by dealer. WHY ?

If whatever Renault is making sells well, why will they bother to change? Its you the consumer who is getting a raw deal, not Renault. If their dealers charge Rs 17k extra in the name of mandatory packs, and yet they have more bookings than they can handle, why will Renault stop the dealer? Its a simple equation for the dealer, if you do not want to pay extra, he has more than willing line of customers who would gladly pay up.

No point in cribbing and asking whys in online forums, apart from sympathies and more comments from other members, there is no solution to this menace.

A legit way of solving this extortion is to complain to the local consumer forum and wait for the hearing and solution. Only when the consumer forum starts providing justice, will this dealer nuisance stop.
Old 23rd November 2012, 14:00   #152
gemi_kk

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
If whatever Renault is making sells well, why will they bother to change? Its you the consumer who is getting a raw deal, not Renault. If their dealers charge Rs 17k extra in the name of mandatory packs, and yet they have more bookings than they can handle, why will Renault stop the dealer? Its a simple equation for the dealer, if you do not want to pay extra, he has more than willing line of customers who would gladly pay up.

No point in cribbing and asking whys in online forums, apart from sympathies and more comments from other members, there is no solution to this menace.

A legit way of solving this extortion is to complain to the local consumer forum and wait for the hearing and solution. Only when the consumer forum starts providing justice, will this dealer nuisance stop.
As you said, Renault has huge number of bookings. Then why are they taking booking. Ask them to put an auction and give it to those who are ready to pay more. In the name of booking, why are they cheating us?

As you said, No point in cribbing in online forums and asking why?
Read the first line of the post, Renault customer care themselves said that 6000/- are for handling charges. This was ruled out by the supreme court and no dealer is supposed to charge this. How come the company customer care is supporing this.

I have every right to ask & post in online forums and have the right to put in court. But why should i do it? What are the government officials doing. They are always ready to collect the 30% tax on earnings, petrol and on property and on a baby's diapers too. When it comes to following rules, they are gone, they are not available, they are busy and last but not the least, they are public servants. So dont we have any right to shout? Man, If you cannot add value, atleast please dont speak like a dealer.

I hope, This thread was intended to provide some advice/ information on how one could save himself from the deeds of the dealers.

Last edited by gemi_kk : 23rd November 2012 at 14:05. Reason: adding info

Old 23rd November 2012, 16:18   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
Its a simple equation for the dealer, if you do not want to pay extra, he has more than willing line of customers who would gladly pay up.
The dealers are just making hay while the sun shines. Perhaps they are aware that tomorrow some other product will be launched and a few bookings could be cancelled. At that price point perhaps they know that the buyer will either not look at the details or just crib and ignore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemi_kk View Post
Renault customer care themselves said that 6000/- are for handling charges. This was ruled out by the supreme court and no dealer is supposed to charge this. How come the company customer care is supporing this.
Customer care will only give parroted answers based on their training. What is put on the training material is something decided at the higher levels. Perhaps they are so sure that the govt ruling will not be enforced that they choose to try their luck till some customer files a case. And then it drags on for years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemi_kk View Post
I have every right to ask & post in online forums and have the right to put in court. But why should i do it? What are the government officials doing.
um, you should file because they asked you for the money and you think it is against the govt. ruling. You would be only drawing the governments attention to this malpractice being followed. We are still some time away from having a support line where such cases can be reported without resorting to legal action. If you know someone who is connected you could try in that manner. Till then the buyer will continue to be fleeced. whether it is you or someone else hardly matters to the dealer, or to Renault and as we know not even to the government. Until it is reported at least!
Old 23rd November 2012, 19:13   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishirich27
I got a call today from Renault they said they will call back again as they are working on it.

I wrote a complaint at CORE, sent some emails to consumer forums of my state, some to ministry of consumer affairs, but nothing till now, will keep you updated.
Try complaining to Transport Department, they can crack the whip and even cancel license of the dealer. The notice from transport department attached on post 1.
Old 23rd November 2012, 20:52   #155
BHPian

re: Delhi Transport Dept tells Dealers to stop "Handling Charges" SCAM. EDIT: Telangana and Kerala too

I am waiting for Renault's answer as they called me up saying they are working on this, if they also do not give a satisfactory answer then iwill go for other options.
Old 12th December 2012, 16:23   #156
BHPian

re: Delhi Transport Dept tells Dealers to stop "Handling Charges" SCAM. EDIT: Telangana and Kerala too

My brother is looking to buy an i20. The Hyundai dealer has mentioned a "Logistics and Handling Charge" of 10,000/- !! We said that this would not be entertained, but the dealer was saying that Hyundai does not provide them any support to lift the car. The dealer has to fund the full cost of lifting the car from the company stockyard in Chennai and bring it to his dealership. Is that true ? Even then it does not justify a 10K. For 10K, you can literally get a full container from Chennai to Trivandrum.
Old 13th December 2012, 08:38   #157
BHPian

A quick update. We went to the dealer armed with a printout of the Delhi court order. I challenged the dealer if he would waive off the loading charges if I proved that it was illegal and therefore not collected in some states. He took the challenge and his face went white when I showed him the prints. He came back immediately and said he was willing to negotiate Has now offered a 10K discount.
kutts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2012, 08:43   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutts View Post
A quick update. We went to the dealer armed with a printout of the Delhi court order. I challenged the dealer if he would waive off the loading charges if I proved that it was illegal and therefore not collected in some states. He took the challenge and his face went white when I showed him the prints. He came back immediately and said he was willing to negotiate Has now offered a 10K discount.
Very interesting. I hope all customers start doing this so we can put an end to this practice already. I've not met a single dealer who is upfront about these charges. Almost everyone charges them and the customers pay because, well, everyone does it!
Old 13th December 2012, 11:40   #159
Senior - BHPian

Funny, what stops the dealer from deleting this line items, but adding this "cost" to some other line item in the bill?

Tomorrow perhaps we will have a Supreme court ruling over fixing MRPs of the vehicles and the maximum discount that a dealer can give, the amount of freebies and accessories that can be given etc.
Old 13th December 2012, 11:51   #160
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
Tomorrow perhaps we will have a Supreme court ruling over fixing MRPs of the vehicles and the maximum discount that a dealer can give, the amount of freebies and accessories that can be given etc.
I will love that. If the price is more realistic then the Road Tax will decrease. One reason for high MRP and then freebies, is that if you Finance your car, then you can get them thrown in as part of the package and thus get finance for them as well.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2012, 13:45   #161
BHPian

Speaking about finance - The dealers get a commision around 1% if you take a loan for funding the vehicle. This is mostly applicable for private banks. The interesting part is that there are some customers (a handful) who would go to NBFCs to take finance. NBFCs give a higher commision around 4% to the dealer. The customer would then start bargaining with the dealer on getting that 4% discounted against his booking amount and the dealer is caught out
Old 14th December 2012, 11:21   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I will love that. If the price is more realistic then the Road Tax will decrease. One reason for high MRP and then freebies, is that if you Finance your car, then you can get them thrown in as part of the package and thus get finance for them as well.
But don't you see: my line of thinking is leading us to a communist set-up.
the govt will decide the salaries, the govt will decide the prices and discount, the govt will decide the spending patters ...
Old 14th December 2012, 12:16   #163

Two load of crap things:

Handling Charges
Ridiculous Insurance Premiums.

PS: Delhi Govt itself is a big scam and sham!

Mod team note: Please await for moderator approval during the initial period. Please go through announcements to understand the forum rules better.

Last edited by Jaggu : 14th December 2012 at 12:33.
Old 24th December 2012, 16:31   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
Funny, what stops the dealer from deleting this line items, but adding this "cost" to some other line item in the bill?

Why dont the dealer include it in "ex-showroom" price . No one is preventing him - After all that is the price decided by the manufacturer and the dealer.

For me this "handling/logistic/misc charge" is a pure unethical business practice. You cant say, but if these practices go unchecked, then tomorrow we will be paying the sales man salary too as another item in the final bill!
Old 25th December 2012, 13:04   #165
BHPian

40 days since my complaint no effort by Renault to resolve issue. Received a call from Renault once only to be told by a dumb lady that whatever the dealer is asking you will have to pay, even for the accessories what he is charging. When i asked her give me in written she said will call back but that never happened.

No reply from Ministry of Consumer affairs or CORE forum.

I finally went to another dealer he is asking for Logistic 5000 and 5000 for essential pack which is teflon coating, i agreed to pay logistics but i have told the dealer only if he gives in written that essential pack is mandatory by renault i will pay or else not.

But one thing is for sure there is no one to listen. I would have definetely changed my mind and bought some other car but everywhere it is the same and moreover Duster is the only of its kind and for that price tag. Its good looking, good pick-up, good average and has good ground clearance and in my budget i.e. 11-12

Feeling very helpless next time i will take a hockey stick along while going to buy a car.. feels like beating the hell out of these people.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks