Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2016, 12:58   #271
BHPian

re: Delhi Transport Dept tells Dealers to stop "Handling Charges" SCAM. EDIT: Telangana and Kerala too

Tata motors authorised dealer, Concorde motors mentions handling charges in their website.
Attached Thumbnails
Delhi Transport Dept tells Dealers to stop "Handling Charges" SCAM. EDIT: Telangana and Kerala too-screenshot_20160207125444_com.android.chrome.png  

Ponbaarathi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2016, 08:36   #272
Senior - BHPian

re: Delhi Transport Dept tells Dealers to stop "Handling Charges" SCAM. EDIT: Telangana and Kerala too

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Update from Kerala:

One of my relatives bought a Celerio and there was no handling charges anywhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponbaarathi View Post
Checked with maruti dealers. They stopped collecting handling charges in Tamilnadu.
Please refer to the Notification (attached) issued by Telengana RTA which clearly says that Maruti has asked its dealers to abolish Handling/Charges from 11.08.2015.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponbaarathi View Post
Tata motors authorised dealer, Concorde motors mentions handling charges in their website.
Sad state of affairs.I could see the same as well.Will inform the TC's office prompto.

Waseem.....
Attached Thumbnails
Delhi Transport Dept tells Dealers to stop "Handling Charges" SCAM. EDIT: Telangana and Kerala too-trta-3.png  

Delhi Transport Dept tells Dealers to stop "Handling Charges" SCAM. EDIT: Telangana and Kerala too-tcm.png  

SILVERWOOD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2016, 21:52   #273
Senior - BHPian

Got the quotation today from Concorde Motors,Hyderabad.

No handling/Logistics charges added.The circular from the Transport Department has done its magic.

Waseem.....
Attached Thumbnails
Delhi Transport Dept tells Dealers to stop "Handling Charges" SCAM. EDIT: Telangana and Kerala too-concorde-.jpg  

SILVERWOOD is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th February 2016, 22:29   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Please refer to the Notification (attached) issued by Telengana RTA which clearly says that Maruti has asked its dealers to abolish Handling/Charges from 11.08.2015.
Any idea about the web link to the above circular? Tried searching for it in the Telangana Transport Department website, but could not locate it.

BTW, the same news came in Times of India on 5th Feb. Here is the link:
http://epaperbeta.timesofindia.com/A...5022016007023#
(Edit: Saw the news article and also the circulars posted by Waseem in the previous page after posting. Thanks once again.)

I am in the market for a new car, and as of today both the M&M Dealers in the city - Automotive Manufacturer and VVC Motors are boldly charging the handling charge of 7000 Rs. Let's see if I can make them budge by showing the circular.

Last edited by 9tMax : 8th February 2016 at 22:36. Reason: As mentioned inline
Old 8th February 2016, 22:44   #275
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9tMax View Post
I am in the market for a new car, and as of today both the M&M Dealers in the city - Automotive Manufacturer and VVC Motors are boldly charging the handling charge of 7000 Rs. Let's see if I can make them budge by showing the circular.
What I'll suggest you is to first get a final quote from them on paper. After you obtain it, email the circular (2 pages) attached by Silverwood here to the dealer and Sales guy incharge.

They'll have to revise it and remove the handling charges off the quote. Be careful it isn't adjusted in any other place in the quote later on.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2016, 23:58   #276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any idea about the web link to the above circular? Tried searching for it in the Telangana Transport Department website, but could not locate it..
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
What I'll suggest you is to first get a final quote from them on paper. After you obtain it, email the circular (2 pages) attached by Silverwood here to the dealer and Sales guy incharge.

They'll have to revise it and remove the handling charges off the quote. Be careful it isn't adjusted in any other place in the quote later on.
+1 Anurag.

@9tMax:Get the final quote. Squeeze all the possible discounts available on this planet.Negotiate on the insurance premium as well. Pitch the dealer vs other insurance providers and get a good deal.

After you get the final quote, send the dealer an email mentioning the circular.If he denies having any knowledge of the same(most likely he will),send him the TOI link. If he still feign ignorance, send him the copy of the circular.Document all conversations in a single chain.

Waseem.....

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 9th February 2016 at 00:00.
SILVERWOOD is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th February 2016, 10:58   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Quote:
+1 Anurag.

@9tMax:Get the final quote. Squeeze all the possible discounts available on this planet.Negotiate on the insurance premium as well. Pitch the dealer vs other insurance providers and get a good deal.
Will surely do that. But looks like XUV is selling like hot cakes - no one is giving any discount AT ALL - except for a small 8K corporate discount. But both the dealers are open to getting insurance on my own. So not much scope of any further bargaining.
Old 9th February 2016, 20:12   #278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Will surely do that. But looks like XUV is selling like hot cakes - no one is giving any discount AT ALL - except for a small 8K corporate discount. But both the dealers are open to getting insurance on my own. So not much scope of any further bargaining.
I got a proforma invoice as well from a Mahindra Dealer Today.They still add handling charges in-spite of the circular.

Lets see how this goes.

Waseem.....
Attached Thumbnails
Delhi Transport Dept tells Dealers to stop "Handling Charges" SCAM. EDIT: Telangana and Kerala too-xuv.jpg  

Old 9th February 2016, 20:49   #279
BHPian

Update as of this evening: AML has stopped charging it on their own. I was taking the final quote and they themselves mentioned - "this has been removed now."

But no discounts.
Old 9th February 2016, 21:18   #280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I got a proforma invoice as well from a Mahindra Dealer Today.They still add handling charges in-spite of the circular.

Lets see how this goes.

Waseem.....
This is really good of you.

I have been wondering, may be the dealers would drop these charges for you on your question. However, dealers might continue to charge other people who wont question and accept it as a regular charge. The dealers may get away with this.

May be the dealers should display a notice board stating that they wont charge handling charge OR the circular to be displayed and signed by all buyers (as an added paper) to ensure that buyers have read it.

Awareness is a big challenge. Till then these dealers will continue to milk people.
Old 9th February 2016, 22:10   #281

Let me share my bitter experience with Dealer.
Ford dealer denied all the freebies, when I asked to remove Handling charges. As been paid full amount I had no choice, n went ahead with whatever charged. When approached to Ford India, they too seems to be on the side of dealer. Dealer changed invoice, by removing Handling charges and added same amount as an accessory charges. Fed up with these sick mentality, now I have made peace with the situation.
Old 10th February 2016, 00:17   #282
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nit787 View Post
...Fed up with these sick mentality, now I have made peace with the situation.
All you had to do was to get the handling charges mentioned rather than let the dealer hide it and then raise a complaint in customer court / RTO. Sorry to say, a car is a "luxury" end of the day; so not sure why did you give in to the tactics. If this was legal, the dealer would have NEVER tried to add it into some other bucket.
Old 10th February 2016, 00:56   #283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nit787 View Post
Fed up with these sick mentality, now I have made peace with the situation.
Please read the below mentioned article from Surat.

m.timesofindia.com/city/surat/RTO-warns-car-dealers-on-illegal-charges/articleshow/48832904.cms

You can still approach the consumer court and get your money back.

Waseem.....
SILVERWOOD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2016, 17:39   #284
Senior - BHPian

VW dealers also did not comply to the circular as well.

Waseem.....
Attached Thumbnails
Delhi Transport Dept tells Dealers to stop "Handling Charges" SCAM. EDIT: Telangana and Kerala too-vw.png  

Old 13th February 2016, 14:05   #285
Senior - BHPian

Today's TOI.(Hyderabad Edition)

Waseem.....
Attached Thumbnails
Delhi Transport Dept tells Dealers to stop "Handling Charges" SCAM. EDIT: Telangana and Kerala too-1455352404849.jpg  

SILVERWOOD is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks