Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2016, 09:35   #256
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Dear Friends,

Request you all to sign this petition.

Waseem Memon
Done. Plan to print this and take it to the dealer when i go to get the car.

Have shared it to all my friends so it is spread faster and gets signed more.

Thanks Waseem bhai for all the efforts.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2016, 19:41   #257
Senior - BHPian

re: Delhi Transport Dept tells Dealers to stop "Handling Charges" SCAM. EDIT: Telangana and Kerala too

Quote:
Dear Friends,

Request you all to sign this petition.

https://www.change.org/p/union-trans...from-customers

Waseem Memon
Signed. Request others to quote the link so that it remains accessible or Mods to edit 1st post to reflect this. Link is on Pg 17
Old 27th January 2016, 21:31   #258

re: Delhi Transport Dept tells Dealers to stop "Handling Charges" SCAM. EDIT: Telangana and Kerala too

I booked my car and Handling charge of Rs. 6500 was added to the list. in addition, a logistic charge of 2500 for handling Road Tax services. I was convinced with the charge of 2,500 as doing the task myself would not have been hassle free and i didn't want to deal with the cheats.
as for the Handling charge, i mentioned about the Court order but no one seemed interested in the story!!
Old 27th January 2016, 21:35   #259
BHPian

I also signed the petition and fwded the link in my linkedin toooo.. It is high time that why an item should be bought for more than MRP...
mahadev_kc is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 10:25   #260
Senior - BHPian

Today's TOI (Hyderabad Edition).

Our movement against Handling Charges is picking up steam.
Attached Thumbnails
Delhi Transport Dept tells Dealers to stop "Handling Charges" SCAM. EDIT: Telangana and Kerala too-img20160205wa00381.jpg  

SILVERWOOD is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 10:32   #261
BHPian

Signed and shared on twitter. All Team-BHPians should do it.

Rgds
VineetG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 19:03   #262
BHPian

Some of the dealers removed the additional columns and added this price hidden on road tax column. So, all should check and calculate the tax column carefully.
mykal shoemaker is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 20:02   #263
Senior - BHPian

Notification from the Transport Commissioner,Hyderabad on Handling/Logistics Charges.....

This was sent to all dealers in Telengana.....

Waseem.....
Attached Thumbnails
Delhi Transport Dept tells Dealers to stop "Handling Charges" SCAM. EDIT: Telangana and Kerala too-1454682686026.jpg  

SILVERWOOD is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 20:14   #264
BANNED

Quote:
This was sent to all dealers in Telengana
Thank you Waseem bhai for the timely part by you.

Was striking a deal on Honda Activa 125 STD where they were charging 520 bucks as "Handling Charges".

To support my argument I have told to check the newspapers as there is a Order from Telangana Government regarding this issue.

After 15 minutes of taking, they obliged and removed the column. I also made sure the 500 bucks isn't added in the Tax column or Insurance column.

Thank you buddy.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 20:24   #265
Senior - BHPian

Notification from the Transport Commissioner, Hyderabad on Handling/Logistics Charges.

Waseem
Attached Thumbnails
Delhi Transport Dept tells Dealers to stop "Handling Charges" SCAM. EDIT: Telangana and Kerala too-1454684074636.jpg  

Delhi Transport Dept tells Dealers to stop "Handling Charges" SCAM. EDIT: Telangana and Kerala too-1454684086809.jpg  

Last edited by Rehaan : 6th February 2016 at 01:26. Reason: Formatting / removing "..." :)
SILVERWOOD is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 20:44   #266
BHPian

Is there any similar circular issued by Tamilnadu RTO's?? I was quoted ₹7500 as logistic charges for tata bolt. Upon telling him about the court order, he said this is a common practise across all dealers and they cant change it. I said him i will complain this to tata motors and he was like go ahead
Old 5th February 2016, 22:55   #267
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponbaarathi View Post
Is there any similar circular issued by Tamilnadu RTO's?? I was quoted ₹7500 as logistic charges for tata bolt. Upon telling him about the court order, he said this is a common practise across all dealers and they cant change it. I said him i will complain this to tata motors and he was like go ahead
I think you should send out a mail to TATA motors with the details and attachments & CC the dealer. Unless the customers take a strong stand, this will never resolve by itself. Government & Courts can only issue such laws; it's upto the citizens to make the most of it.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 23:41   #268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponbaarathi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I think you should send out a mail to TATA motors with the details and attachments & CC the dealer. Unless the customers take a strong stand, this will never resolve by itself. Government & Courts can only issue such laws; it's upto the citizens to make the most of it.
+1 swiftnfurious.It is up to us to fight for our right.

Please write an email to the dealer and get his reply.

Forward the email chain to the customer care of Tata Motors and local sales representatives of that region (TSR/ASM/RSM/ZSM/Manager-Dealer Developmentif possible).

PS:I have pm'ed you my email id and contact no.Let me know if you need any help.

Waseem.....

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 5th February 2016 at 23:43.
SILVERWOOD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2016, 14:05   #269
BANNED

Update from Kerala:

One of my relatives bought a Celerio and there was no handling charges anywhere.

But I had mailed to Transport commissioner about the illegal handling charges that were collected from me in the past, but no reply yet even after repeated followups.
mithun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2016, 15:59   #270
BHPian

Checked with maruti dealers. They stopped collecting handling charges in Tamilnadu.

Most Viewed