Team-BHP - Maruti XA Alpha Compact SUV : Auto Expo 2012
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Maruti XA Alpha Compact SUV : Auto Expo 2012 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/113692-maruti-xa-alpha-compact-suv-auto-expo-2012-a-5.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by romeomidhun (Post 2633608)
BTW, the concept that Sid scooped in a trailer was this XAAlpha!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 2633632)
Take a look again at Sid's thread. The car on the trailer was white in colour with a different rear bumper and completely different alloys.

That scoop on the trailer was the 160 BHP Vista. Look closely at the rear bumper of both the cars.

Will this even hit the markets in a production form - when it matters ?

So far the mini suv space is a let down.

We are getting only concepts to be driven in a imaginary world. No realistic launches.
I would be quite satisfied if MSIL had unveiled a spanking new Gypsy with diesel and basic comforts for 5-6 lakhs.

I don't see any point in showcasing the XA alpha as we all know that this will not go into production in the near future.
Even with these two launches (Ecosport and XA alpha), the mini suv space is the same as it was last year.
Need to wait for other launches especially the mini xylo

This vehicle is another pipedream and the pipe is bloody long. It looks far far away from a production model i am afraid .

+1 Gypsyfreak. With lots of hype about the Ecosport, it seems that its not to be one of those in the market in the near term. Similar to this Maruti compact SUV. Now, that leaves the Duster and the Mini Xylo (and the Rio, of course).
Hope these two are at least ready production models on sale right away. Otherwise, all the hype and hoopla in the mini SUV segment would be for nothing.:Frustrati

This seems to be just another lame attempt to grab eyeballs at the expo. Suzuki trying to show they are better than the Koreans. Will this even make into production?
Suzuki would have done better unveiling the Ertiga today.

Not bad at all! Aside from the grille, it looks pretty smart. Although it looks like an early concept so production must be some way off. Suzuki needs to be bold with the final version of its mini SUV. In recent times the transition from concept to production has yielded a few ordinary looking cars from what started as eye-catching Motor show stars. Even the new Swift is a conservative effort at evolutionary design.

The actual production models of Suzuki are no where close to the Concepts. They will just make it a cross of WagonR and Swift just a little larger. Not excited about it.

It seems they forgot to do any designing of the Back. For a concept vehicle the back is too plain.

Yeah, I agree alpha is just a concept and miles away from production, and yeah, it looks a lot like evouqe from side profile, but it doesn't mean it's bad. In fact it is very smart looking vehicle. The grill could have been better, but still it looks better than ecosport.

I know designers at maruti suck, but you never know, they could repeat the swift story. Remember swift concept was very close to production model in terms of design?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 2633632)
Take a look again at Sid's thread. The car on the trailer was white in colour with a different rear bumper and completely different alloys.

Yes, you are right. I was just comparing the rear fog lamp style.stupid:

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 2633345)
- Length - 4 meters, Width = 1900 mm & Height = 1600 mm
- Wheelbase of 2500 mm
- Seating capacity of 5
- Production version will be offered in 4x2 and part-time AWD versions
- K-series petrol engine (upcoming 1.4 liter??) and Fiat diesel

Since the length is 4m, can we expect the 1.4L Petrol engine? The 1.3L Diesel engine is almost sure, though!

BTW, this time, I expect Maruti may be planning to surprise everyone by giving the production version much better looking than the concept, though they did the other way for A-Star and Ertiga (almost).

Just like how the Chevy Beat came from a radical concept to a radical looking car fairly soon, the XA alpha may just come out in production much sooner.

Guess we are counting the chicken before they hatch, for sure the specs look very good an d with a good GC this should be a very good seller. Only wish that they put in a 1.6 Lts Fiat Multijet engine which should make it very good for off roads. Width of 1900 mm would mean that this will be a very comfortable 5 seater.
Hopefully this gets into production with a toned down version of grill and more 'acceptable' headlight with a release date of 2013 first quarter should be an ideal way to go.

why the hell everybody is copying Evoque.

The blind spot at back is huge. ALso the grill is so -Koreanish.

To cost around 10 lakhs. Interview in CNN IBN

I am pretty sure, this is far far from an actual production vehicle. Its a poor copy paste job from various manufacturers.

Really this hardly tells anything about what to expect in read world terms.