Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2012, 12:36   #91
BHPian

Re: Maruti XA Alpha Compact SUV : Auto Expo 2012

Epic fail. There are people who don't really mind looks, but IMO this would be hard to digest even for such folks!

I hope this stays a concept.
Old 7th January 2012, 01:06   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Ever since the Yeti, which I cannot realistically hope to afford, I have been hoping for something that might be a realistic buy for me in the next year or two. But I don't think I could bring myself to buy this. Ugly, Ugly, Ugly, and worse is the way in which it is ugly. It looks like some cheap plastic toy for a three-year old.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2012, 09:12   #93
Senior - BHPian

This baby SUV looks cool. Design concepts that I loved were

1. The L shaped tail lights.
2. the overall balance of the design.
3. The front headlights

I think the grille should be moved out in favour of a less "toothy" design. The greenhouse is a blind spot galore but the fighter jet canopy concept looks great. If Suzuki can reproduce the production version of this design that is as close as the production Swift to it's concept I think they would have a winner.

Drive on,
Shibu.
Old 8th January 2012, 10:31   #94
BHPian

Practically speaking, bringing hatchback version of SX4 makes better sense for MUL. This can be positioned as either premium hatch or a small SUV based.

The concept looks good, but the product cycle will ensure another 1.5-2 years to make it production like. A bird in one hand is better...

PS: check The official Suzuki UK website for all Suzuki Cars, Alto, Splash, Swift 3 door, Swift 5 door, Swift Sport, SX4, Jimny, Grand Vitara 3 door, Grand Vitara 5 door , the SX4 does come with 1.6L(P) and 2.0L(D)
Old 8th January 2012, 12:19   #95
BHPian

This SUV from Suzuki s wonderful looking. And according to me this is a refreshing change from the similar looking Maruti Suzuki cars.

Well Done, if it is prized like the Swift, I believe it will sell like hot cakes and beat even the selling of Swift.

But then a 7 seater is desirable too.

Last edited by shuvadips : 8th January 2012 at 12:21. Reason: Typos and additions
Old 8th January 2012, 17:24   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvadips View Post
Well Done, if it is prized like the Swift, I believe it will sell like hot cakes and beat even the selling of Swift.

But then a 7 seater is desirable too.
Spoken like a true India customer. It is only to satisfy these sort of demands that we get "toned down", underpowered, lightened for fuel efficiency, "value for money" and "conventional" products in the final launch avatar. We always want double at half the price.
Old 12th January 2012, 20:02   #97
BHPian

Wow! As is often the case with MSIL, we've got most of the audience either extremely liking the product or extremely disliking it.

To me it looks like in a very naive stage to comment upon. I was bewildered seeing the Kizashi concept back at the 2008 expo but when finally launched, all the enthu was missing (though it looks good to me still).

When is the launch anticipated? I'm extremely eager to see the scissored version

They should launch the Jimny here. AFAIK even Pakistan and Bangladesh have it, why not us?!
Old 22nd January 2012, 17:56   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitartha View Post
Spoken like a true India customer. It is only to satisfy these sort of demands that we get "toned down", underpowered, lightened for fuel efficiency, "value for money" and "conventional" products in the final launch avatar. We always want double at half the price.
Thank you, doesn't Maruti poineered this mentality of the indian customer?

If I get a 7 seater at 10 lakhs and I get a 5 seater in 10 lakhs, I am sure I will buy the 7 seater.

Who doesnt want double at half the price? Otherwise the new Ford Fiesta should have sold like hot cakes and the Swift wouldnt have sold much.
Old 24th January 2012, 22:09   #99
Senior - BHPian

Just saw this thread. Don't know how I missed it. Or, well, I didn't miss much. It is shockingly ugly!!! What is MUL trying to prove? Scare everyone on the road. Ecosport looks million times better. I would rather buy Premier Rio.

Ok, NASA can use this as moon-rover. No one there to criticise its ugly looks.
pgsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2012, 10:10   #100
BHPian

should see production. Backed by vast after sale service and 4x4 excellence of the manufacturer, it will be the perfect vehicle for the masses to explore the far flung corners of india. Get it ready soon, my cheque book is waiting and so are himalayas
Old 25th September 2012, 12:03   #101
BANNED

Source: http://indianautosblog.com/2012/09/s...uki-jimny-2014

"Unlike the A-Star and RIII concepts, Mag X notes the front fascia and A-Pillar, excluding the headlights of the production model, are very close to the XA Alpha concept."
Old 27th December 2012, 15:59   #102
Senior - BHPian

Its been a while since we heard about this compact SUV. With the likes of ACI speculating it will be launched in 2013 at a price tag of 7Lakhs, i am wondering if it will happen.

We are yet to see any road trials, dont we see road trials happening atleast a year before product launch ? I may be wrong !!
Old 27th December 2012, 23:41   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Its been a while since we heard about this compact SUV. With the likes of ACI speculating it will be launched in 2013 at a price tag of 7Lakhs, i am wondering if it will happen.

We are yet to see any road trials, dont we see road trials happening atleast a year before product launch ? I may be wrong !!
I guess this is a 2013 Diwali launch. And we usually start seeing the test mules just 6 months before the launch. So its still NOT late. Add to it, this will have lot of bin & platform sharing which are pretty much tested & are stable. Will have lesser headaches with testing I feel.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2012, 23:59   #104
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Its highly unlikely to be launched in 2013,since during the press conference of the Ertiga launch in Goa ,the MD/CEO of Maruti Mr.Shinzo Nakanishi told that the work on the SUV project was not even started ,he said kiddingly that he must now pressure the project manager of Eritga to start work on it .

Just for eg. the Ertiga was launched in april 2012 and it came out of the Riii concept shown in january 2010 expo,so based on that one can expect the new suv to be launched in 2014.
Old 28th December 2012, 16:56   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim120 View Post
Its highly unlikely to be launched in 2013,since during the press conference of the Ertiga launch in Goa ,the MD/CEO of Maruti Mr.Shinzo Nakanishi told that the work on the SUV project was not even started ,he said kiddingly that he must now pressure the project manager of Eritga to start work on it .

Just for eg. the Ertiga was launched in april 2012 and it came out of the Riii concept shown in january 2010 expo,so based on that one can expect the new suv to be launched in 2014.

Toyota and Honda not having any new entrants in SUV/MUV space
Renault busy with their recent success of duster
Nissan will launch a cheaper duster(its interiors look already cheap !!)
No news from Hyundai. !! i wonder if their Hexaspace becomes a reality until 2015 !!
Mahindra already launched XUV, Quanto and Rexton. and are focusing on small Verito, so apart from Korando nothing new expected from them( All new scorpio in 2014?)
Tata .. ok lets do tata to Mr. Ratan Tata. apart from that i dont have anything to add

I can only think of Chevy Enjoy and EcoSport coming in 2013
So 2013 looks bleak as far as SUV/MUV are concerned
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks