Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2012, 13:13   #106
BHPian

Re: Maruti XA Alpha Compact SUV : Auto Expo 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Toyota and Honda not having any new entrants in SUV/MUV space
Renault busy with their recent success of duster
Nissan will launch a cheaper duster(its interiors look already cheap !!)
No news from Hyundai. !! i wonder if their Hexaspace becomes a reality until 2015 !!
Mahindra already launched XUV, Quanto and Rexton. and are focusing on small Verito, so apart from Korando nothing new expected from them( All new scorpio in 2014?)
Tata .. ok lets do tata to Mr. Ratan Tata. apart from that i dont have anything to add

I can only think of Chevy Enjoy and EcoSport coming in 2013
So 2013 looks bleak as far as SUV/MUV are concerned
Rather than new launches it is the 4x4 versions of the pseudo SUVs which are anticipated in the 2013.
Renault has recently declared the Duster 4x4 launch when Ford Ecosport will be introduced in the Indian market.
Similarly Mahindra has also hinted of Quanto 4x4 launch with bigger engines in the coming year at the launch of Quanto itself.
Old 31st December 2012, 13:58   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Abhi View Post
Rather than new launches it is the 4x4 versions of the pseudo SUVs which are anticipated in the 2013.
Renault has recently declared the Duster 4x4 launch when Ford Ecosport will be introduced in the Indian market.
Similarly Mahindra has also hinted of Quanto 4x4 launch with bigger engines in the coming year at the launch of Quanto itself.
4x4s will only attract the enthusiasts but it never brings the numbers in india. And i only wonder how renault will price duster 4x4 !! it already feels pretty steep.

Coming to Quanto, 4x4 might be OK, but not sure if there is a need for bigger engine, since the benefits of smaller capacity engine will be wasted, Also M&M came out with a new engine for this, they would surely want to milk it a bit more.

Besides mCR100 has decent performance for the daily life. bigger engine is the last thing M&M can think of.
Old 3rd January 2013, 05:28   #108
MHG
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Coming to Quanto, 4x4 might be OK, but not sure if there is a need for bigger engine, since the benefits of smaller capacity engine will be wasted, Also M&M came out with a new engine for this, they would surely want to milk it a bit more.

Besides mCR100 has decent performance for the daily life. bigger engine is the last thing M&M can think of.
Here bigger means more cylinders. Mahindra said they're working on a 4-cylinder 1.5L diesel for launch sometime in the future in the 4x4 Quanto in India (although I expect it to go well into 2014-2015).

And for export markets, they're launching the Quanto with 2.2L mHawk Engine and 4x4. This was the "bigger" engine they spoke about but its for export markets and not local markets.
Old 3rd January 2013, 08:07   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHG View Post

Here bigger means more cylinders. Mahindra said they're working on a 4-cylinder 1.5L diesel for launch sometime in the future in the 4x4 Quanto in India (although I expect it to go well into 2014-2015).

And for export markets, they're launching the Quanto with 2.2L mHawk Engine and 4x4. This was the "bigger" engine they spoke about but its for export markets and not local markets.
So what does that mean? Current 1.5 is half baked product? When a company comes with a new engine it tries to squeeze all the juice for many years before coming up with newer engine. 4 cylinder 1.5 is more complex than chopping one cylinder from your best engine

Anyways i think we are going off topic by discussing this. So lets take it elsewhere before mods get angry
Old 1st February 2013, 15:35   #110
BHPian

I agree - SX4 would be a great platform for a SUV.

Swift is too small - mini SUVs always look disproportionate and ugly.

Ertiga platform itself would make a decent "cheap" SUV - all they need to do is change the dull looking upper body.

I would definitely buy a better looking Ertiga - it has all the comfort of a car, a petrol engine, a seven seater - all it needs is better SUV like looks
Old 1st February 2013, 17:58   #111
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkytalks View Post
What you mean? The SX4 started off as a cross-over. Just that when it came to India, a boot got attached and it became a regular sedan
Old 13th February 2013, 19:09   #112
mxx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkytalks View Post

Swift is too small - mini SUVs always look disproportionate and ugly.

Ertiga platform itself would make a decent "cheap" SUV - all they need to do is change the dull looking upper body.

I would definitely buy a better looking Ertiga - it has all the comfort of a car, a petrol engine, a seven seater - all it needs is better SUV like looks
If I am not mistaken, Ertiga is based on the swift platform.
Old 23rd April 2013, 08:15   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

Motorbash updates on the XA-Alpha
  • The project has been codenamed as YAD
  • XA-Alpha will be a sub 4 meter car and hence will enjoy the least 12% excise duty.
  • The not-so-good news is that, launch of XA-Alpha might only happen towards the end of 2014 or early 2015. That means it is still some time away and the current crop of similar cars can take a sigh of relief. But we expect Maruti Suzuki to speeden up the development.
  • As of now, we have only got information about diesel plans. We are unsure about its gasoline variants
  • XA-Alpha is planned to be made available in VDI, ZDI and ZDI+ trims. This gives us a hint that Maruti might not want to price it very competitively.
  • It will have two row of seats with 60-40 split feature.
  • Front seats are expected to be pretty similar to Maruti Dzire and armrest is available only for the top ‘Z’ variants – ZDI and ZDI+
http://motorbash.com/xclusive-detail...enamed-as-yad/
Old 23rd April 2013, 08:29   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Motorbash updates on the XA-Alpha
  • The project has been codenamed as YAD
  • XA-Alpha will be a sub 4 meter car and hence will enjoy the least 12% excise duty.
  • The not-so-good news is that, launch of XA-Alpha might only happen towards the end of 2014 or early 2015. That means it is still some time away and the current crop of similar cars can take a sigh of relief. But we expect Maruti Suzuki to speeden up the development.
  • As of now, we have only got information about diesel plans. We are unsure about its gasoline variants
  • XA-Alpha is planned to be made available in VDI, ZDI and ZDI+ trims. This gives us a hint that Maruti might not want to price it very competitively.
  • It will have two row of seats with 60-40 split feature.
  • Front seats are expected to be pretty similar to Maruti Dzire and armrest is available only for the top ‘Z’ variants – ZDI and ZDI+
http://motorbash.com/xclusive-detail...enamed-as-yad/
This seems an absolute bogus piece of news.This motorbash thingy doesn't know which engines are going to be used in the car but says it is going to have a front armrest in Z variants.
How can they comment on trim levels and features of a car that is in the development stage and is going to be launched in 2015.
Old 23rd April 2013, 10:17   #115
BHPian

Any one has better information on specs and launch information?

Last edited by latentpotential : 23rd April 2013 at 10:23.
Old 30th July 2013, 20:38   #116
Distinguished - BHPian

Suzuki iv.4 Compact SUV Concept teased ahead of Frankfurt Motor Show - to be unveiled at the 2013 Frankfurt Motor Show.
Maruti XA Alpha Compact SUV : Auto Expo 2012-suzukiiv4compactsuvconcept.jpg

Name:  suzukitounveilcompactsuvconceptatfrankfurtmedium_2.png
Views: 7011
Size:  181.0 KB

Quote:
In their press release , the Japanese company says that the iv.4 will be previewing a compact SUV from the brand which would be launched later on. The iv.4 is also expected to preview the design of the future SUV.
From these darkened images, it appears that the five-door SUV will slot between the Jimny and the Grand Vitara in Suzuki's SUV range, possibly targeting the Nissan Juke, though, need to wait for the company to provide more information including the iV-4's dimensions to make sure.

Other details will be revealed only on September 10, i.e the first press day of the Frankfurt Motor Show.

http://indianautosblog.com/2013/07/s...-concept-89732

Last edited by volkman10 : 30th July 2013 at 20:49.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th July 2013, 21:07   #117
Senior - BHPian

Evoque-esque side profile looks pretty sleek. Suzuki has made a habit of churning out interesting looking concept cars, only to completely de-glam the production version. The A-star and the Kizashi come to mind. Maybe they can take a leaf out of Ford's book and go with a funky concept look for the production XA Alpha SUV.
Old 31st July 2013, 09:55   #118
BHPian

this WILL sell if they launch it in India !
Looks extremely well-proportioned and chunky. and with the Japs behind this , this will surely be reliable as hell. I hope they do plonk a good Petrol engine in this.
Old 31st July 2013, 10:24   #119
BHPian

Design wise they seem to have done a good job with the front. But as one progresses from the front to the back, all the built up excitement fades as one witnesses the the same thing that happened to the swift, and it seems that the rear windows have gotten smaller and when it releases, i just hope it is decently wide so as to not end up looking like a ac vent. Somehow, the front with all its LEDs looks kinda like the ecosport too but this is just too much bling... I hope they bring out something good and those wheels, i like understated ones and not so much "in-yo-face" styling.
Old 31st July 2013, 12:59   #120
Senior - BHPian

I wish they had launched it this year. I would have been first to book it. It has typical butch looks of SUV.

But still a concept ? Does it mean the production version is still looooooong way ?
Ford started showing off Production version Ecosport from 2012 and it took them second half of 2013 to launch it!! If i have to infer from that, I see no chance of seeing this before 2015.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks