Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2012, 13:50   #136
Senior - BHPian

re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Just a couple of clarifications.

1. The ecosport will also launch with a 1.5 tdci diesel motor along with the petrol.
Thanks mustang for the details about the petrol mill.
Any details on the diesel one? especially expected timelines
Old 6th January 2012, 13:56   #137
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive

Thanks mustang for the details about the petrol mill.
Any details on the diesel one? especially expected timelines
I dont know when the car will be launched (will take at least 6 months) but diesel will launch simultaneously with the petrol. The power figures and torque figures for the diesel will be the same as the new fiesta's tdci. Do have a look at the ford website for the figures.
Old 6th January 2012, 14:27   #138
BHPian

This looks like a great product . A good looking practical mini-SUV for urban jungle is the order of the day and this one ticks all the boxes . I just hope and pray , Ford gets the pricing right and not repeat the mistake they did in pricing the all new Fiesta.
Old 6th January 2012, 14:47   #139
Senior - BHPian

@Mustang101,

Can you share whether the Ecosport will have all the bells and whistles of New Fiesta? How about the performance in the handling section which is the trump card of Ford vehicles?

I guess the pricing position would be such that customers have an option to either choose the New Fiesta or the Ecosport. Any ideas whether Ford had a brainstorming done so that Ecosport does not go the new Fiesta way as far as pricing is concerned.
Old 6th January 2012, 17:05   #140
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Ecosport looks terrific. This will be a game changer for Ford after Figo if rightly priced.
Old 6th January 2012, 17:20   #141

This looks like a small car (3 cyl engine, Figo size cabin) mounted on SUV (or lorry!) wheels.
Reminded me of the monsters which run over all kinda surfaces - the ATVs.
Old 6th January 2012, 17:29   #142
BHPian

Its a strange looking car alright and tailored to the Govt's sub four metre tax exemption. I wish that were not so. The plus side can be a car at 6 lakhs. I would not buy it for more considering it has small engine and three cylinders.
Old 6th January 2012, 17:54   #143

I have been waiting for the launch of Mini SUV's. I was not too impressed with Yeti but I believe this segment is hotting up with all manufacturers looking at it. And what better for us customers to have these at prices quoted in various forums of being less than 10 Lakhs. Really mouthwatering. I am putting off my purchase of a second vehicle for a while to see what comes out in this segment.
Old 6th January 2012, 19:07   #144
BHPian

As Mustang mentioned we would be getting around 90% of what we see here is really nice. Once again on searching youtube found a video from Brazil (FORD ECOSPORT 2012 / 2013 ( OS BRASILEIROS MERECEM ESTA SUV) ). This looks quite good and maybe this is what we are getting. I just cant wait for it to launch so i can decide on trading in my Fiesta .
yajaman99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2012, 19:20   #145
BHPian

That is a good looking car and if priced right will knock out Premium Hatch and mid size Sedans.
Old 6th January 2012, 20:17   #146
Senior - BHPian

Glad to note mustang's presence on this thread. Even more happier to note, ecosport will come with 1.5 TDCI option right from the launch.

Yajaman99 - That's the kuga in the video, its a different car altogether. Not the one we are discussing here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
As Mustang mentioned we would be getting around 90% of what we see here is really nice. Once again on searching Youtube found a video from Brazil (FORD ECOSPORT 2012 / 2013 ( OS BRASILEIROS MERECEM ESTA SUV) ).
Old 6th January 2012, 20:56   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
The said engine was launched in June 2011. Here is a news bit : Ford Rolls Out Fuel Saving 1 Litre EcoBoost Engine - Singapore Motoring News - Oneshift.com. Hope this helps.
Hi,
Thanks. But does not answer my queries.

Fords own site has quite a bit on the engine. Which shows that it is very different from the older ecoboosts. (The EcoBoost name has most probably been slapped on by the marketing people!) If the I3 is a really new engine/ starting point of a new family of engines, then it is huge news. It is not everyday that a company starts designing a new engine. So was wanting to find out if it is really a new engine/ family.

Regards
Sutripta
Old 6th January 2012, 21:18   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80
Glad to note mustang's presence on this thread. Even more happier to note, ecosport will come with 1.5 TDCI option right from the launch.

Yajaman99 - That's the kuga in the video, its a different car altogether. Not the one we are discussing here.
It is the kuga, but I don't see how it is different from the ecosport, save for the engine technology and obviously the overdose of LED on the ecosport.

@mustang, any inputs?

I have to say, this car makes so much sense. It ticks all the right boxes for me :

Good visibility for the driver - I like to be able to see the end of the bonnet when I drive.

Good ground clearance - my area gets flooded in the monsoons. This car should have a higher placed air intake.

Ford's drive dynamics - if this car is able to replicate them.

The only negative I can think of is how I or anyone else is going to secure that sweet alloy wheel hanging off the back. It is just an invitation to thiefs!

Last edited by Sergei : 6th January 2012 at 21:27.
Old 6th January 2012, 21:58   #149
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
Hi,
Thanks. But does not answer my queries.

Fords own site has quite a bit on the engine. Which shows that it is very different from the older ecoboosts. (The EcoBoost name has most probably been slapped on by the marketing people!) If the I3 is a really new engine/ starting point of a new family of engines, then it is huge news. It is not everyday that a company starts designing a new engine. So was wanting to find out if it is really a new engine/ family.

Regards
Sutripta
Some more information from the Ford website. From the write-up it looks likes an all-new engine... Thanks!

http://media.ford.com/article_displa...ticle_id=35237

Last edited by vb-saan : 6th January 2012 at 21:59. Reason: Link edited
Old 6th January 2012, 22:20   #150
BHPian

Kuga is a completely different car (based on Focus,C-Max) where as the Ecosport shares its platform with Fiesta. Both are retailed at complete different price points. The Kuga retails without frills around 27k Euros (~ 18L) while the Ecosport as rumored would start at a full 10 lakhs lower.

OTOH, It would be good if both are launched. But lets stick to the topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei View Post
It is the kuga, but I don't see how it is different from the ecosport, save for the engine technology and obviously the overdose of LED on the ecosport.

@mustang, any inputs?

I have to say, this car makes so much sense. It ticks all the right boxes for me :

Good visibility for the driver - I like to be able to see the end of the bonnet when I drive.

Good ground clearance - my area gets flooded in the monsoons. This car should have a higher placed air intake.

Ford's drive dynamics - if this car is able to replicate them.

The only negative I can think of is how I or anyone else is going to secure that sweet alloy wheel hanging off the back. It is just an invitation to thiefs!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks