Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2012, 15:17   #1741
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh.sml View Post
I pre-booked the ford ecosport with the dealer today. The dealer has finally agreed for 25k as booking amount.

Now waiting for next month when Ford announce the launch. fingers crossed eagerly waiting for a great product ...
Congratulations Rajesh. Quite a step to pre--book a month or so ahead of the official launch. What's your pick - petrol or the diesel?
Old 5th December 2012, 18:38   #1742
BHPian

Mod team note: Removing [Font] tags, please avoid Copy Paste from external Font editors, also do a Preview before Submitting posts. Thanks.

Thanks. I have booked a diesel, while I was tempted towards the Ecoboost as my running for a month is 1000-1200 KM's.

But then decided for a diesel. The cost differential between petrol and diesel is here to stay till the vote bank politics continues ...

Last edited by Jaggu : 5th December 2012 at 19:01. Reason: Removing [Font] tags, please avoid Copy Paste from external Font editors, also do a Preview before Submitting posts. Thanks.
Old 6th December 2012, 21:53   #1743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh.sml

Thanks. I have booked a diesel, while I was tempted towards the Ecoboost as my running for a month is 1000-1200 KM's.

But then decided for a diesel. The cost differential between petrol and diesel is here to stay till the vote bank politics continues ...
@rajesh.sml did you get a booking no. or a statement stating the amount is against EcoSport vehicle of xyz colour abc engine type? my local dealer mgr says he is holding 50 orders but bookings haven't opened officially. all i will get in return for a 50k advance is a cash receipt. and he insisted on cash only. seemed dubious, what is your experience?

Last edited by suhaas307 : 6th December 2012 at 22:30. Reason: edited quoted post :)
Old 6th December 2012, 22:02   #1744
Senior - BHPian

Official bookings have not yet started and the max you will get now is a cash receipt. The latest news from people at Ford is that the launch is only in March '13.

If this is true, we might most probably go ahead with the Ertiga. Can't wait that long, especially since if the launch is in March, deliveries will only start by April.
Old 7th December 2012, 09:19   #1745
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinfreak View Post
@rajesh.sml did you get a booking no. or a statement stating the amount is against EcoSport vehicle of xyz colour abc engine type? my local dealer mgr says he is holding 50 orders but bookings haven't opened officially. all i will get in return for a 50k advance is a cash receipt. and he insisted on cash only. seemed dubious, what is your experience?
The dealer has just provided the cash receipt. The payment was 25k and was done by cheque. The receipt mentions that the amount is towards pre-booking of Ecosport Diesel. Same is the case for my friend who had pre-booked along with me.

The Dealer was asking for 50k earlier, but when I gave the reference of team-bhp that folks are getting the pre-bookings done in 25k and 10k, then he agreed for 25k.
rajesh.sml is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2012, 11:14   #1746
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh.sml

The Dealer was asking for 50k earlier, but when I gave the reference of team-bhp that folks are getting the pre-bookings done in 25k and 10k, then he agreed for 25k.
Rajesh, may I ask which city you are in?

Has anyone pre booked in Chennai? When I contacted MPL Ford last month, they were not taking any bookings.
Old 7th December 2012, 13:44   #1747
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon

Rajesh, may I ask which city you are in?

Has anyone pre booked in Chennai? When I contacted MPL Ford last month, they were not taking any bookings.
Rajesh is in Chandigarh. Booked at Bhagat Ford
Old 7th December 2012, 23:01   #1748
BHPian

This has made way to carwale.com and gaadi.com but mentions that the bookings are "unofficial"
Old 9th December 2012, 13:41   #1749
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmadhok
This has made way to carwale.com and gaadi.com but mentions that the bookings are "unofficial"
The article mentions Powershift automatic paired to the Diesel as well? This is the first time I heard of that combination. Generally automatic transmissions developed for Petrol engines do not work with Diesels due to the higher torque in the latter. Maybe the author is just being speculative here.

However in the case of the Ecosport the torque ratings of the Petrol and Diesel are not that different. 200 NM peak on Petrol versus 204 NM on Diesel. Maybe Ford will pull this combination off after all.
Old 10th December 2012, 07:11   #1750
BHPian

Well for same tranny to be used even specific fuel consumption charts at rpm ranges need to match or correlate for P & D ... highly improbable. But if Ford can tweak or have different ratios in the 2 powershifts - behold the era of new EcoSport. I recall the Windows 8 ad - Everything at once! Off roader, with sedan handling, a no-brainer in urban traffic, and diesel (fe).

Last edited by spinfreak : 10th December 2012 at 07:12.
Old 10th December 2012, 17:27   #1751
BHPian

Friends are there any trusted links for comparison of Duster and Ecosport even Brazil comparison that will be handy.

As I understand that in Brazil the Duster comes with better interiors and Ecosport is 0.3 m longer ?
Old 11th December 2012, 13:50   #1752

I wish they had just copied the chinese Haval M4. which is similar and looks so much more sensible.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-haval_m4.jpg  

shrek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2012, 20:23   #1753
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrek
I wish they had just copied the chinese Haval M4. which is similar and looks so much more sensible.
This clearly looks like a jacked up Hatch but the EcoSport looks every bit an SUV.
That is my personal viewpoint
agambhandari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2012, 11:21   #1754
BHPian

And now there is news that Great Wall Motor Co., China is looking to enter Indian market as an independent entity. They have a great range of cars seemingly : Courtesy Reuters (google)

www.gwm.com.cn/en
Old 12th December 2012, 11:32   #1755
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrek View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
This clearly looks like a jacked up Hatch but the EcoSport looks every bit an SUV.
That is my personal viewpoint
I agree with Agambhandari. It looks like a cut & paste job with no design theme. Looks good in bits and pieces but loose integrity as a complete product. Ecosport looks far better aesthetically and quite modern too.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks