Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2012, 23:21   #1816
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpanjha View Post
I just heard from someone today that Ford is developing a 7 Seater version of the Ecosport too? Is there any news regarding the same?
Wonder where in that really compact body will 2 more seats fit. I think that car will be a little bigger. Considering the Ford Escape/Kuga doesn't seat 7, that sounds fairly ambitious.
Old 17th December 2012, 23:59   #1817
BANNED

Checkout the EcoSport's big brother.It maybe a different platform altogether but the Australian Ford Territory's design has formed the basis of the modern design of the EcoSport. The Front is nearly identical!

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-satellite.jpeg
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-uu.jpeg  

Last edited by agambhandari : 18th December 2012 at 00:22.
Old 18th December 2012, 00:13   #1818
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Checkout the EcoSport's big brother. The Australian Ford Territory's design has formed the basis of the modern design of the EcoSport. The Front is nearly identical!

Attachment 1028479
Want to know Ecosports elder siblings, here is one of them.

http://www.ford.se/Personbilar/Kuga?searchid=ppc-[s]-cars---np---kuga-google--+ford-+kuga-broad

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Kuga

The kuga has been running around in Europe for a while and the latest avatar of Kuga stands in the parking lot of my office in Sweden.

Had to edit - the underpinnings are different, kuga is C1 & ecosport is B3. I'm only talking about the similarity in the fords design language.

Last edited by Nilesh5417 : 18th December 2012 at 00:15.
Old 18th December 2012, 13:21   #1819
BHPian

Bhavna Ford Vashi has now stopped taking pre bookings as the number has gone upto 150 and slated date for launch is feb 2013. I was thinking of pre booking the eco sport. No other information was provided , nor have they started training the staff regarding the car
Old 18th December 2012, 15:19   #1820
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bageherath View Post
Duster vs Ecosport

Excuse me, if already posted.

Is the Ecosport in Picture under 4m? in first picture It does look smaller than Duster.

Overall it is sportier than duster - lookswise.
Old 18th December 2012, 15:53   #1821
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
The car looks too puny when along side the innova in the video.
Looks like a grown up hatch. Need to see it in flesh for the road presence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj84 View Post
Yes, Ecosport looks puny widthwise compared to the Innova. One more reason to hope for a very attractive and low price.
I think that's what we want right? Bigger than hatchback, taller than sedan, smaller than MUV/SUV, Drive like car, handle potholes like SUV, easy to park. So i think its the right size. Though it looks small, it demands attention.

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-1untitled1-copy-copy.jpg
klassics45 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th December 2012, 16:19   #1822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassics45 View Post
I think that's what we want right? Bigger than hatchback, taller than sedan, smaller than MUV/SUV, Drive like car, handle potholes like SUV, easy to park. So i think its the right size. Though it looks small, it demands attention.

Attachment 1028615
Absolutely Right !!!! One should not compare with MUV's and SUV's. Afterall, this is a Mini SUV.
Old 18th December 2012, 16:41   #1823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niket.dhirai View Post
Bhavna Ford Vashi has now stopped taking pre bookings as the number has gone upto 150 and slated date for launch is feb 2013. I was thinking of pre booking the eco sport. No other information was provided , nor have they started training the staff regarding the car
AFAIK Ford is not taking any bookings officially. It is some dealers who are taking pre launch bookings.

Last edited by chinmaybaikar : 18th December 2012 at 16:42.
Old 18th December 2012, 17:12   #1824
Senior - BHPian

Folks, maybe its already been shared on this thread, there is some info on Ecosport up on the Ford India website. Maybe its been up for a while, but I just happened to see it today. However the pics being shown are still for a left hand drive car. I havnt been following this thread and couldnt find the link on last few pages.

http://www.india.ford.com/suvs/ecosport
Old 19th December 2012, 10:28   #1825
BHPian

Mod team note: Removing [Font] tags, please avoid Copy Paste from external Font editors, also do a Preview before Submitting posts. Thanks.

The Ecosport does look Puny in front of Innova. But when I See the official Dimensions, the width should be equivalent; Now the dimension which is making Innova huge from the back is height. The Clean back of Innova is also making the area visible. ...

But yes I agree that we need to see this in flesh to get amazed or disappointed, folks who have seen this in auto shows can comment...

Last edited by Jaggu : 19th December 2012 at 10:37. Reason: Removing [Font] tags, please avoid Copy Paste from external Font editors, also do a Preview before Submitting posts. Thanks.
Old 19th December 2012, 13:06   #1826
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh.sml View Post
Mod team note: Removing [Font] tags, please avoid Copy Paste from external Font editors, also do a Preview before Submitting posts. Thanks.

The Ecosport does look Puny in front of Innova. But when I See the official Dimensions, the width should be equivalent; Now the dimension which is making Innova huge from the back is height. The Clean back of Innova is also making the area visible. ...

But yes I agree that we need to see this in flesh to get amazed or disappointed, folks who have seen this in auto shows can comment...
Obviously, it looks small when compared with Innova. I am not sure why folks are comparing it first. Lets be realistic. Both are different segments.
sbala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2012, 14:43   #1827
Team-BHP Support

Caught Ecosport without any camouflage 5 mins back on GST road, Chennai.

Looks nice. Is small, but still has road presence thanks to the truckish front and spare wheel at the back.

Some cell phone pics-

Name:  ForumRunner_20121219_144204.png
Views: 2623
Size:  125.0 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20121219_144058.png
Views: 2626
Size:  125.0 KB
Attached Images

CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th December 2012, 17:08   #1828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbala View Post
Obviously, it looks small when compared with Innova. I am not sure why folks are comparing it first. Lets be realistic. Both are different segments.
Well Siad Bro! These vehicle belong to different segment. each has their own merits and demerits. Need to wait and watch, How different the Indian model will be compared to Brazillian one. (Understood the presence of Chrome on the grill might not be available on the Indian version ).
Old 19th December 2012, 20:39   #1829
BANNED

I found some more spotting online, possibly the same car that CrAzY dRiVeR spotted. It seems to be a lower model.
Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-fordecosportspiedchennai1copy.jpg
Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-fordecosportspiedchennai2copy.jpg
Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-fordecosportspiedchennai3copy.jpg
Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-fordecosportspiedchennai4copy.jpg
Pics Courtesy: indianautosblog.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Caught Ecosport without any camouflage 5 mins back on GST road, Chennai.

Looks nice. Is small, but still has road presence thanks to the truckish front and spare wheel at the back.
Great to know that it has good road presence! With so many uncamouflaged spottings recently, I believe the Launch is just around the corner.

This wait is very difficult, come on Ford India, just launch it already!!

Last edited by agambhandari : 19th December 2012 at 20:57.
Old 19th December 2012, 21:38   #1830
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
I found some more spotting online, possibly the same car that CrAzY dRiVeR spotted. It seems to be a lower model.

Pics Courtesy: indianautosblog.com

Great to know that it has good road presence! With so many uncamouflaged spottings recently, I believe the Launch is just around the corner.

This wait is very difficult, come on Ford India, just launch it already!!
Yes. Lower model for sure. The spare wheel clearly shows the car has wheel caps instead of alloys on the blue car spotted earlier.

Does Ford offer Ecosport with AT transmission in Brazil?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed