Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2012, 15:22   #1966
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

Yes, I agree with eq24 and pgsagar
The EcoSport looks proper Butch. Period. And just because it is categorized as an SUV, people should not expect it to carry their entire family. All hatches and sedans carry 5 people at most, with their luggage. I think that is what one should expect out of the EcoSport.
PS: For people who want to carry their entire family+neighbours and their luggage, there always is the Bolero
Old 27th December 2012, 16:10   #1967
BHPian

This may be a People Mover - Ford ‘Grand’ EcoSport 7 seat version

http://indianautosblog.com/2012/12/r...-version-58281
Old 27th December 2012, 17:45   #1968
BHPian

Yellow Ecosport spotted near Chennai (NH45).

Image Courtesy : Jelliffe Jeganathan from gearheads dot in

http://gearheads dot in/showthread.php?8002-Ford-EcoSport-unveiled&p=306359&viewfull=1#post306359

Please copy the link above, replace dot with . and open in new tab. Not sure why the link is not accepted by the system in the proper way
Old 27th December 2012, 18:25   #1969
Senior - BHPian

Looks like colour options for Ecosport would be the same as those currently available on Figo. I think we have already seen Red, Blue, Black, Grey, White and Yellow test cars in the spy shots.
Old 27th December 2012, 18:55   #1970
M35
BHPian

As the India launch of Ecosport is around the corner, it will be worth a look at the variants launched in China earlier this year.

Plenty of pictures both interiors and exteriors with specifications in details of all variants launched in China.

http://chinaautoweb.com/2012/11/chan...port-mini-suv/

http://chinaautoweb.com/car-models/ford-ecosport/

http://car.autohome.com.cn/pic/serie...vareaid=100810

http://car.autohome.com.cn/pic/series/2622-12.html

http://car.autohome.com.cn/pic/series/2622-1.html

Enjoy guys and do you think we are going to get all those luxury features at a reasonable price in India ?
Old 27th December 2012, 20:09   #1971
Senior - BHPian

Having gone through 1969 posts and 132 pages, this is what i know about the EcoSport to be launched in India :

It will be launched somewhere in 2013, it might* have same colors as the Figo, It will have 1 L EcoSport engine and 1 diesel maybe the 1.5 or maybe something else, might be around 10 L or maybe more, might have the autobox might not too, its dimensions could be like the Duster's or the Yeti's or maybe not.

Now I am an avid Ford lover but this is ridiculous. Whats with so much of secrecy around it for the India launch? What is Ford trying to do? Wait until everyone else gets sick of waiting and goes in the the other cars?

I think some official news from Ford would really be appreciated. I keep getting mailers from them but its all marketing gimmick with no facts whatsoever. Teleshopping networks have more details on products than what Ford has been giving out.

Rant over. :(
sammyboy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2012, 20:20   #1972
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Having gone through 1969 posts and 132 pages, this is what i know about the EcoSport to be launched in India :

It will be launched somewhere in 2013, it might* have same colors as the Figo, It will have 1 L EcoSport engine and 1 diesel maybe the 1.5 or maybe something else, might be around 10 L or maybe more, might have the autobox might not too, its dimensions could be like the Duster's or the Yeti's or maybe not.

Now I am an avid Ford lover but this is ridiculous. Whats with so much of secrecy around it for the India launch? What is Ford trying to do? Wait until everyone else gets sick of waiting and goes in the the other cars?

I think some official news from Ford would really be appreciated. I keep getting mailers from them but its all marketing gimmick with no facts whatsoever. Teleshopping networks have more details on products than what Ford has been giving out.

LOL...hilarious and true summary. I'm one of the silent reader of the thread and supposedly waiting for Ecosports but have started to.give up (Anyone from Ford listening???). I might end booking Duster in aJan. Enough of waiting bull**#.
nitinr30 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2012, 21:51   #1973
BHPian

Quote:

Well this is marketing my friend and although this sense of the unknown is aggravating for us folk, for corporations like Ford who have spent thousands of crores on the development of this product this wait and following hype is free advertising.

A lot of people know about the ecosport even people who don't know their swift from dzire, know about the ecosport. What more do you want as a company that is.

It will be interesting to see what strategy Ford takes up, on the one hand their Pièce de résistance is the Ecoboost engine but in our diesel infatuated market, that will be a dead on arrival kind of situation.

So my guess a lot of last minute diesel testing is going on, well only time will tell but till that time, the best of luck to Ford.
Old 27th December 2012, 22:14   #1974
BHPian

Quote:

Why blame Ford? They are just taking their time to get this right from all aspects.
It's not Ford thats delaying, but We at tbhp started discussing about ecosport much much earlier; and we like doing that whole heartedly. Who knows, maybe Ford is secretly reading through all the posts to get the pulse of the market. After all they don't want to get it wrong this time around from price point.
We discussed duster equally longer, if that can bring some relief
:-)
Old 27th December 2012, 22:25   #1975
BHPian

Quote:

+1

On that note, while we wait for ford india to come out with official communication, ford china seems to be a step ahead. Here are the specs
From what it seems, the entry level version could be launched at mouth watering levels, much like what Duster did to grab attention

source: chinaautoweb.com
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-1.png  

Attached Images

Gizmokid is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2012, 00:01   #1976
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishpr View Post

Why blame Ford? They are just taking their time to get this right from all aspects.
It's not Ford thats delaying, but We at tbhp started discussing about ecosport much much earlier; and we like doing that whole heartedly. Who knows, maybe Ford is secretly reading through all the posts to get the pulse of the market. After all they don't want to get it wrong this time around from price point.
We discussed duster equally longer, if that can bring some relief
:-)
Yeah they are taking their time, just like they did for the fiesta , and we are having eerily similar discussions. i just hope the result isnt similar
sammyboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2012, 01:28   #1977
Senior - BHPian

Thanks eg24 and aravind. We teambhpians are bunch of enthusiasts. At least, we should think rationally. I understand non-enthusiasts asking "kitna deti hai" / how many seats etc. But us? Most non-enthusiasts unfortunately want to buy a car looking like Ferrari, seating like Innova, returning mileage like 100 cc motorcycle, built like a battle tank and costing no more than Nano. And yes, when it is time to sell, it should have so strong re-sale value that people should queue up at their door to buy it. I have many close friends falling in the above category. Now is there any car under the sun ticking all these boxes? There just isn't. You may spend 4 crores on RR or Bentley and still find something irksome about the car.

We often complain about kind of salesmen most auto majors have in their showrooms, I mean ones with so little knowledge about things automotive. Then on the other side there are also people walking into showrooms and expecting their car to be what I described above. God help those salesmen. I wonder how they manage to sell a car, any car, to such people.
Old 28th December 2012, 08:46   #1978
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmokid View Post
+1

On that note, while we wait for ford india to come out with official communication, ford china seems to be a step ahead. Here are the specs
From what it seems, the entry level version could be launched at mouth watering levels, much like what Duster did to grab attention
Thanks for the features list Except for the 6 airbags thingy, I think the rest will be standard. If Ford can plonk in the 6 airbags, it will be a first for Ford and a first in that segment (UV/MUV/compact SUVs/SUV).
Old 28th December 2012, 09:19   #1979
M35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Thanks for the features list Except for the 6 airbags thingy, I think the rest will be standard. If Ford can plonk in the 6 airbags, it will be a first for Ford and a first in that segment (UV/MUV/compact SUVs/SUV).
+1
Do you expect the India specific ES to have equipment level as in the China variants ? They get Sun roofs in some ES models. Have we heard of some thing called sunroof in any vehicles say in sub 15Lac? There are some four to five different models of VW polo in China with most of them heavily equipped including sunroofs.

If Ford India incorporates all those features, the price would not be a "mouth watering" one as some of us are expecting it to be. We are deprived of luxuries in cars in the price bracket i am talking about. We Indians most of the time end up in the receiving end with strip down models ,be it foreign brands or home grown products.

If Ford India proves to be an exception with ES, at least it could change the mind sets of other manufactures that by proving certain luxury/safety features at a reasonable price, they are no more giving us any favour that they should have been there in the first place itself.
Old 28th December 2012, 10:39   #1980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Yep, definately seems so. The only differentiators between the lowest vs Titanium seems to be TC/ESP, 6 Air Bags & Automatic Ac.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks