Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2012, 14:22   #1996
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

Looks excellent.

If the boot can hold as much luggage as the Jazz can, this car will be high on our list.

I noticed the reflectors too. What's up with that?

Also, what's that little badge below 'Titanium' on the blue car? Could it be the EcoBoost petrol? Or the diesel? That little badge isn't there on the silverish one.

It looks a bit under-tired too. Or maybe that's just the angle of the picture?
Old 28th December 2012, 14:25   #1997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
But the other silverich one has it in the reverse order.
That is what i found interesting. Which one is at the right place- The kinetic blue one or the chill matallic one? I think other cars like VW, Skoka, etc. have them as in the Kinetic Blue above. The white lamp is the reverse light and the red one is fog lamp. I hope Ford doesn't forget about keeping them all at the same place before launch
Old 28th December 2012, 14:31   #1998
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
The silverish one doesnt have the sticker under the Titanium logo, like the Blue one. So one could be a petrol and the other a diesel.
Sorry, hit thanks instead of quote. !

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post

Also, what's that little badge below 'Titanium' on the blue car? Could it be the EcoBoost petrol? Or the diesel? That little badge isn't there on the silverish one.
The sticker below the Titanium is the Ecoboost sticker. I think the other one is the 1.5L petrol, as the diesel would have had the TDCi moniker.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-ecoboost.jpg  

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 28th December 2012 at 14:34.
fiat_tarun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2012, 15:02   #1999
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niket.dhirai View Post
Ever since I heard last year that Eco sport is being launched in India , I have waited and followed up its launch like rest of us here in this forum enthusiastically. Few days back heard a similar comment of Hormzad of AutoCar stating launch in 2013 mid after 200000 km testing in India.

Cannot wait any further , with the budget around , surely expect a policy change towards diesel cars and a " possible" excise hike. Also my old car has got a buyer , so cannot remain with out a car for long. Just booked a Duster 2 days back. These 2 cars were neck and neck in my scheme of things. Its sad that I couldn t really compare them in flesh and performance.
Same here! In fact I gave away my beloved Swift Vxi ( bought on day 1 of its launch) last month & have been desperately waiting for the Ecosport, meanwhile managing with a borrowed old Fiat Uno ( which I find to be surprisingly resilient and peppy). Ive visited Palace Renault 3 times, each time almost booking the Duster, but somehow extracting myself back from there, convincing myself that the wait is worth it.

Who knows, with Duster's own waiting period of 3-4 months, you may still be able to see the Ecosport in flesh and make the decision
Old 28th December 2012, 15:02   #2000
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by limited-edition View Post
Eco-Sport reaches Kairali Ford MUVATTUPUZHA, dealership in Kerala. They claim that they are the first one to get.
Five cars in total? If so these five also came to Trivandrum last day.

Last edited by bblost : 28th December 2012 at 15:13. Reason: Removed embedded images.
Old 28th December 2012, 15:12   #2001
BHPian

I think this is one of their PAN India Trips before the launch of the car. Something similar also happened for the FIGO before the launch where they did a PAN India Trip.

Provided these are the same cars that was sited.
Old 28th December 2012, 16:19   #2002
Distinguished - BHPian

Looking at the second picture where a person is seen standing next to the vehicle, the car seems to be much smaller than what I had expected it to be. The ready reference of a person for comparison of the size of the vehicle brought me to that assumption. The length and breadth are as I had expected. But isn't the car too small for height or is it just me who feels so?
Old 28th December 2012, 16:26   #2003
BHPian

Interesting read on the sales Figures of Duster vs Ecosport in Brazil.

http://www.carblogindia.com/duster-s...les-in-brazil/

One reason why Duster has done well last month could be the launch of the AT version there. Otherwise, it seems neck and neck :-)
Old 28th December 2012, 16:31   #2004
Senior - BHPian

I think the ecosport would look much better without the rear mounted spare wheel. It reminds me of the bajaj scooters of the previous decade.

It looks too big for the ecosport.

Name:  ForumRunner_20121228_163049.png
Views: 5752
Size:  630.4 KB

Last edited by Warwithwheels : 28th December 2012 at 16:33.
Old 28th December 2012, 16:32   #2005
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandarMax View Post
I tried to do a quick comparison of widths and lengths of Yeti, Duster, Ecosport and Fiesta. Might seem odd to include the Fiesta in the comparison but I have considered it because Ecosport and Fiesta share the same platform, and seem to have similar characteristics, and for Ford these siblings will actually compete with each other.

For the visual comparison, I googled for vector images of these cars and scaled them to their actual proportions.

Also comparing the widths without considering ORVMs seems to cause lot of confusion, so for this comparison I have included the widths considering both the mirrors.

Here is comparison of dimensions (all figures in mm)
Attachment 1031281
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
Looking at the second picture where a person is seen standing next to the vehicle, the car seems to be much smaller than what I had expected it to be. The ready reference of a person for comparison of the size of the vehicle brought me to that assumption. The length and breadth are as I had expected. But isn't the car too small for height or is it just me who feels so?
The ecosport's height seems almost equal to duster's, however, i too feel that its looking smaller in that pic. But, i've seen Ecosport in flesh at the Delhi auto expo 2012 and it does look good.
kopakabana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2012, 16:37   #2006
BHPian

Here is a comparison of heights between the 2

Source : motorbash.com
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-dusternewecosport2.jpg  

Gizmokid is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2012, 16:55   #2007
M35
BHPian

Spied – Bright Yellow Ford EcoSport caught testing near Chennai

source:
http://indianautosblog.com/2012/12/s...ecosport-58421
Old 28th December 2012, 17:16   #2008
BHPian

Note from Mod: There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the board experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 29th December 2012 at 15:23.
kopakabana is offline   Received Infraction
Old 28th December 2012, 17:19   #2009
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
I think the ecosport would look much better without the rear mounted spare wheel. It reminds me of the bajaj scooters of the previous decade.

It looks too big for the ecosport.

Attachment 1031855
It actually does not look that good. There was this pic a few pages back where a guy in Brazil has removed the spare wheel. Have attached it here again.

The spare wheel at the back does look good and gives it the SUV look, but as they say.. looks are subjective..!
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-fordecosportwithoutsparewheelinbrazil.jpg  

fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2012, 17:35   #2010
M35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
It actually does not look that good. There was this pic a few pages back where a guy in Brazil has removed the spare wheel. Have attached it here again.

The spare wheel at the back does look good and gives it the SUV look, but as they say.. looks are subjective..!
+1
Ford India is unlikely to launch ES without the mounted spare wheel at the rear and also the exterior too would remain same as the one launched elsewhere. The only thing to be seen is how far they have stripped down on features/equipments and that is going to be the deciding factor of the price as well.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks