Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2012, 18:05   #2011
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
It actually does not look that good. There was this pic a few pages back where a guy in Brazil has removed the spare wheel. Have attached it here again.
Thanks for the pic tarun. Yes, you are right. It looks way too bland without the spare wheel.

I was actually looking at the close up pic of the blue ecosport from my mobile. But now after viewing other pics on my pc, It looks good from a distance.

Last edited by Warwithwheels : 28th December 2012 at 18:07.
Old 28th December 2012, 23:18   #2012
BHPian

August 2013? Thats a scary thought. I too have been waiting and waiting for the Eco-sport (Booked a Duster and Cancelled it the next day). I hate to go back to the Duster again. I am sure someone in team BHP will break the news very soon and hence i keep checking this post everyday now.
Old 29th December 2012, 01:07   #2013
Senior - BHPian

Eco without a spare-wheel? Naah! Too plain. Spare at back is a must. Also, it is not small as some feared, judging by that pic next to Duster. From rear I find Duster also looking good-- bit of a French design quirk notwithstanding. Side view of Duster, too is good. But it still loses out to sporty Eco. But come to front end of both cars and they emerge poles apart. Where Eco is full butch, with high bonnet and pyramid like wide base and narrower cabin, Duster's front looks too plain, boring and 90s. Front is Duster's Achilles' heels. Renault has to do something about it.

As for Eco, Ford got it spot on. Any other way wouldn't have looked this smashing. BTW, high bonnet cars grab all the attention by their frontal aggressive stance. They look very menacing in the rear view mirrors of small cars. It holds true for all cars cutting across segments, like Swift, Fortuner, Scorpio, Rolls Royce, Bentley, Range Rover Evoque etc. This is where Safari loses out to Scorpio. Safari has sloping low bonnet almost like a sedan, and coupled to that high/huge glasses, it completely loses out to butch Scorpio. Scorpio even beats M&M flagship XUV in butch looks. XUV looks stunning only from front and if you come to sides and back, it loses steam. But Scorp has overall butch shape.

Wonder how Eco would have looked with even lower ceiling. High bonnet, low ceiling and smaller glasses, like Swift and Range Rover Evoque? May be Suzuki XA Alpha will wear that look when it is launched. But right now, it is Eco all the way. Way to go Ford.
pgsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2012, 05:38   #2014
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmokid View Post
waiting for the Ecosport, meanwhile managing with a borrowed old Fiat Uno ( which I find to be surprisingly resilient and peppy
Same here, love my Fiat Uno - superbly responsive petrol engine, sturdy but poor average, but will finally let it go for Ecosport. Hope its not mid next year!
Old 29th December 2012, 09:42   #2015
Senior - BHPian

Have a look at the EcoSport testing near Ford's factory - courtesy : IAB

It certainly has the stance and the presence to challenge even the XUV 5oo!
This is despite the fact that the XUV is closer to the lens, while clicking this picture!

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-fordecosportbrightyellow5.jpg
aravind.anand is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th December 2012, 11:50   #2016
BHPian

great catch @ aravind.anand !
It doesn't look small or lacks road presence from this snap .
Nice to see that the competition is heating up ,hope Ford gets the pricing right this time and offer all the goodies in the top variants .
Old 29th December 2012, 15:56   #2017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Have a look at the EcoSport testing near Ford's factory - courtesy : IAB

It certainly has the stance and the presence to challenge even the XUV 5oo!
This is despite the fact that the XUV is closer to the lens, while clicking this picture!
Brought it closer. Not bad, eh?
Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-xuves.png
civic-sense is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th December 2012, 16:23   #2018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post

Same here, love my Fiat Uno - superbly responsive petrol engine, sturdy but poor average, but will finally let it go for Ecosport. Hope its not mid next year!
I'm in the same boat as you two. Wondering if I should book Duster and considering Dustys wait time n Ecos launch delay, I might be able to see Eco in flesh before deciding. Do you guys know how much is the booking charge for duster and how much one would lose on cancellation?
Old 29th December 2012, 17:15   #2019
Senior - BHPian

One more pic from the same blog.

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-fordecosportbrightyellow2.jpg

Image Courtesy: Gear heads dot in

Last edited by Warwithwheels : 29th December 2012 at 17:28.
Old 29th December 2012, 20:11   #2020
BHPian

Heard from a Ford sales member that the launch is on February 8
Even if he isn't correct on the exact launch date,it should be around that time.So,August 2013 rumors are false I guess
Also, no AT diesel at the time of launch
Old 29th December 2012, 22:27   #2021
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinr30 View Post
I'm in the same boat as you two. Wondering if I should book Duster and considering Dustys wait time n Ecos launch delay, I might be able to see Eco in flesh before deciding. Do you guys know how much is the booking charge for duster and how much one would lose on cancellation?
The booking amount they asked was 50k. I did not ask on the cancellation amount, but heard from someone to be 5k.

I've already cancelled my Dzire Zdi booking, when it came up for delivery a couple of weeks ago , and I am convinced Ecosport is a more practical car than the duster owing to its size, gadgetry & wait, A.S.S, compared to Renault
Ford, launch it in Feb as seems to be the consensus
Old 29th December 2012, 23:12   #2022
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Five cars in total? If so these five also came to Trivandrum last day.
Bro, sure 5 came to Trivandrum? Heard and saw only 3 in Trivandrum. Not sure though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by limited-edition View Post
Eco-Sport reaches Kairali Ford MUVATTUPUZHA, dealership in Kerala. They claim that they are the first one to get.
I guess these are the same ones from Trivandrum, heading back.
Old 30th December 2012, 00:06   #2023
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
Brought it closer. Not bad, eh?
Attachment 1032229
Nice attempt, but believe me, Ford Ecosport is smaller than the Duster, leave alone the XUV 5OO. The Ecosport is just slightly bigger than a hatch on stilts.
Old 30th December 2012, 00:10   #2024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_rpmlover View Post
I guess these are the same ones from Trivandrum, heading back.
Spotted blue and a beige color ecosport at Statue Jn around 8pm Today.
Old 30th December 2012, 13:24   #2025
BANNED

Indeed an exciting time for Ford and Team BHP. Going by the gung-ho going around in this forum about this car, the Duster will surely get a run for it's money. However, let's just keep things in perspective.

1. Size comparison vide pictures is just not correct. Keep an S-class and a D segment car; and take a picture from 25ft away (as is the distance in the picture) and the naked human eye will not find much difference.

2. It is just wrong to believe that Ford will price it below 10L and give us a sweet little something to go with it because we managed to beat the Mayan's prediction of doom in 2012!! I mean, c'mon!! Even Renault with the glaring, glaring cost cutting wasn't able to do it.

Going by the interiors (that is mirrored from the Fiesta) and plonking nothing less but the Internationally acclaimed and Engine of the Year, 2012; how would you want Ford to give us to give EcoSport under a million?

I would think the price will be bang in between the Duster and XUV500. If you want a plain jane butch car and don't care too much about gadgetry, no one is stopping you from going for the Duster (however, with all the reports of how easily crumbled the Duster sheet material gets, it isn't so butch after all). In Brazil, the Duster is cheaper by BRL4000; but in India that could be easily shaved off owing to the sub-4m rule for taxation.

Ford also needs to ensure the positioning of the Fiesta. No way will they be putting Eco below the Fiesta! Not that the sedan is having it any easy out there, putting a direct competition from within the stable is just suicidal.

3. Got this off the FB page of EcoSport

what is with the protruding center console in the rear? So, the fifth passenger should be 'strictly occasional'

Last edited by methecupid : 30th December 2012 at 13:49.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks