Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2013, 18:37   #2221
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

Can the DCT transmission handle the torque of the 1L ecoboost engine? Ford may bring in the 1.5L for the AT only I guess (if DCT cannot handle the torque of the ecoboost).
Old 7th January 2013, 20:13   #2222
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bageherath View Post
I feel ford will/may not introduce 1.5 Petrol unit for Eco in India. It may be true that they are testing 1.5 petrol unit for the Ecosport, which I think might be for export market's.

As it will not make sense for Ford to have less powerful, not fuel efficient and expensive 1.5 L unit (not having excise benefit) in India when 1.0 L unit (will avail excise benefit) and which is as powerful as a 1.6 L petrol unit.
It makes no sense whatsoever. If they wouldnt want to introduce it in India, why should they burn fuel testing it in Indian conditions. If it is for export market, they should be testing it in the conditions where it is targeted for!!
Old 7th January 2013, 20:19   #2223
Distinguished - BHPian

I feel Ecosport will be better than Quanto in most parameters & will be close to Duster except boot space. If people are looking for a really spacious car with seating flexibilty, Ertiga will be a better bet than these two Compact SUVs.

Offtopic:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Abhi View Post

Off topic, but what about top end Quanto dear.
(I might be sounding like Mahindra SA but the sheer VFM quotient has made me literally gaga for Quanto, [although I had bashed the same for utter disproportion before launch.] But the ultimate product some how exceeded my expectations and the price was icing on cake )
Have you TDed Quanto? My friends & I TDed it together & all were eager to get out of driver seat & be done with it. May be some will find it worth, but I would not take one even if given free. The body roll, utilitarian interiors, cramped interiors (to me) - all these just didn't make a cut. I was quite surprised with the superb low end torque & NVH of the 3 pot though!

Edit:: Anyone has an idea where can we find Mustang.101 now a days? You could PM me if you know. This guy should have some solid news for sure.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 7th January 2013 at 20:25.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2013, 20:24   #2224
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
It makes no sense whatsoever. If they wouldnt want to introduce it in India, why should they burn fuel testing it in Indian conditions. If it is for export market, they should be testing it in the conditions where it is targeted for!!
Indian conditions are tough. You have a range of road and climatic conditions. Dusty and bad roads coupled with intermittent rain, humidity, heat etc is a great place to test your new car. If it can cope with these conditions, it can sure as hell cope with less-testing conditions.
suhaas307 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th January 2013, 20:32   #2225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It does make sense. There are several instances where cars meant for foreign markets have been caught testing in India.

Just few of several spotting from our Indian Car Scene!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...age-2-a-2.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...d-testing.html

Last edited by Warwithwheels : 7th January 2013 at 20:40.
Warwithwheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2013, 20:41   #2226
BHPian

Quote:
It makes sense because ford will export to Nepal and Srilanka.
Old 7th January 2013, 20:47   #2227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_rpmlover View Post
I guess its issue with Road-noise. And of course, compared to Michelin's and BS, MRF is not upto the mark. I thought MRF had an issue with life as well. But @sbala, how did you manage 45K with MRF ? I thought they wont do over 30K, as was with my earlier experiences .
Mine have covered 51k and still the tread is very much eveident. It's just the 3 years which is making me switch
Old 7th January 2013, 22:33   #2228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmokid View Post
the most gorgeous Grey in Business in India from Ford
'most gorgeous grey' is the most apt description for that grey! Ah! So classy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A M View Post
I don't know if the spare wheel is considered in the overall length or not.
It is it is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh.sml View Post
the steering .. It is beauty
This and the one on the Fiats. Simply beautiful, and awesome to hold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhagathmp View Post
Is that LEDs on the head light unit ? Not sure if this was captured in any of the India test mules pictured so far.
Good find bhagath.. I'm trawling through all the spy pics now, and I think the answer might be in those night shots by A Nareshkumar but we'd need to catch an EcoSport with lights on to be sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
You see that BIG red button on the top? You hit that, and you get ejected out of the seat - batman style - in case of an emergency.
Aargh you stole the words out of my mouth! I was thinking more along the lines of Bond though, having just watched 50 Years of Bond Cars..
Old 8th January 2013, 01:35   #2229
BHPian

In terms of Instrument Cluster , now the Ford ( Globally) is having similar theme in most of their vehicles, which I liked and its very convenient to operate controls. I have driven Ford Escape 2013 in Canada for more than 4000 Kms out of which , 2 drives includes travelling around 1100 Kms ( Montreal to Gaspesie & back) in 10 hours ( small breaks included). I never felt tired or stretched out. I am looking forward for that same kind of features ( atleast some) and drive pleasure in Ecosport.
Attached pictures are from Ford Escape 2013 & Ford Focus 2012 respectively.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-ford-escape_2013.jpg  

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-ford_focus_2012.jpg  

Last edited by aeroamit : 8th January 2013 at 01:37.
aeroamit is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2013, 09:39   #2230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
I agree. 1.5 ltr petrol makes no sense since it was not even well received in the Fiesta here.

I feel any 1.5L Petrol variant would not have any takers. The main target being the mileage conscious middle class, they would definitely go for the diesel variants. The enthusiasts/petrol heads/geeks may go for the Ecoboost.
See, the 1.5 L in fiesta will give near to 17 lmpl with 6 speed automatic in AT and 5 speed in MT. The 1.0 liter will give near to 16 kmpl (seems ford published it very recenly in ford india website . I checked it today and saw this figure there. may be ARAI results is this one. I dont feel really good, this means 11 kmpl on city )

I suspect Ecoboost offering can be 5 speed MT and 6 speed AT.

I dont see a huge difference in fuel efficiency saving as claimed when going to 1.0 litre unless there is a huge price gap between 1.5 L and 1.0 L engine. But we do get good power

I do see Ecoboost mated with DCT (as with 2.0-litre EcoBoost inline-four under the hood of the Edge and Explorer )

So, we have to wait until it is more clearer ..

humveeguy

Last edited by humveeguy : 8th January 2013 at 09:52.
Old 8th January 2013, 10:03   #2231
Senior - BHPian

Team,

Do we know the stock tyre size of the ECOSPORT ? The tire radius and the contact patch ?
Old 8th January 2013, 11:17   #2232
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Team,

Do we know the stock tyre size of the ECOSPORT ? The tire radius and the contact patch ?
It is
205/60 R16.
Stock tyres have been spied to be MRF ZVTS

Last edited by agambhandari : 8th January 2013 at 11:21.
agambhandari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2013, 11:24   #2233
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by humveeguy View Post
See, the 1.5 L in fiesta will give near to 17 lmpl with 6 speed automatic in AT and 5 speed in MT. The 1.0 liter will give near to 16 kmpl (seems ford published it very recenly in ford india website . I checked it today and saw this figure there. may be ARAI results is this one. I dont feel really good, this means 11 kmpl on city )

I suspect Ecoboost offering can be 5 speed MT and 6 speed AT.

I dont see a huge difference in fuel efficiency saving as claimed when going to 1.0 litre unless there is a huge price gap between 1.5 L and 1.0 L engine. But we do get good power

I do see Ecoboost mated with DCT (as with 2.0-litre EcoBoost inline-four under the hood of the Edge and Explorer )

So, we have to wait until it is more clearer ..

humveeguy
You are comparing the fuel efficiency of 1.5 liter in Fiesta which has a lower drag coefficient vs the ford EcoSport which has a higher drag coefficient and is also heavier.

The 1 liter engine also has a higher torque compared to the 1.5 liter engine,so the 1 liter version could potentially have a different gear ratio.
Old 8th January 2013, 11:25   #2234
Senior - BHPian

Ford should learn from Renault and not bring the new 1.5D that is in the Fiesta, it will only add to the cost of the EcoSport in a price conscious market like India. The 1.4, that is already doing enough volumes, can be tweaked and it will be up to the job. The new Fiesta has shown that Indians don't want to pay a premium for kit or safety, Ford would be wise not to make the safety kit standard on the EcoSport.

This combined with thinner tyres like in the Honda City will help in economy, the major selling point in any car today. Honestly Ecoboost will do nothing for EcoSport sales.
Old 8th January 2013, 11:48   #2235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
Ford would be wise not to make the safety kit standard on the EcoSport.

This combined with thinner tyres like in the Honda City will help in economy, the major selling point in any car today. Honestly Ecoboost will do nothing for EcoSport sales.
That's a perfect recipe for disaster

Last edited by Warwithwheels : 8th January 2013 at 11:49.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks