Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
Anyone made Ecosport price guess?
My guess is between 10L-13L.
This will be 6.5 - 10 Lakhs Ex-Showroom
Old 23rd January 2013, 10:53   #2492
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

It Ecosport is priced less than 10L (on Road) and if it has the characters of Fiesta(classic) and Figo, Certainly it will make hatch and sedan makes within this price bracket and also few SUVs like Duster, Scorpio and Bolero (Bolero's sale has to be watched after Ecosport's launch). It can even affect the sales of Figo.
I am sure a large crowd which started inclining towards SUVs will love the looks and nature of this vehicles. I am waiting to see its refinement, FE and road dynamics - Curious to see how Ford presents it as all-in-one pack. :-)
Old 23rd January 2013, 15:23   #2493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh.sml View Post
This will be 6.5 - 10 Lakhs Ex-Showroom
Yes, It has to be less than 10 L. At least, mid trim should be < 10 L On Road. Otherwise, whats the point of heavy localization? If it is 10L Ex Show room, then there wont be any difference between Ecopsort and NFS launch.

Its not a premium C\C+ sedan. Its an all-rounder. Has to be priced considering that.
Old 23rd January 2013, 17:41   #2494
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

The rate at which people are lapping up Duster, all that Ford needs to do is price it 50-75K less for each variant when compared to the Duster. It should set the charts on fire.

The following will also add up in its favor:
1. More service stations and familiar brand.
2. Quality of interiors will definitely be better
Old 23rd January 2013, 19:47   #2495
Distinguished - BHPian

I think the differentiator for EcoSport will really be the high tech - EcoBoost engine with dual clutch AT (with manual mode). The differentiator for Duster was classic and charming SUV looks and relatively reasonable price points (at the time of launch), the but it uses fairly run of the mill and now out-dated engine.

Ford should have designed EcoSport with Duster like looks...
Old 23rd January 2013, 23:31   #2496
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
I think the differentiator for EcoSport will really be the high tech - EcoBoost engine with dual clutch AT (with manual mode). The differentiator for Duster was classic and charming SUV looks and relatively reasonable price points (at the time of launch), the but it uses fairly run of the mill and now out-dated engine.
Somehow, I don't think it's just the engine where the Ford might be good.

I realized something the other day when I was harping on about the ride-quality of the Duster to one of my friends who's interested in it. And she said, "Is it that much of a deal-breaker?"

"Yes, it can be", I said. And then I stopped and thought about it. Sure, the Duster has the best ride-quality in the business and it looks charming in an ol' school way. And I love that about it. In fact, I am completely smitten by it. It's such a good car. But not at this price.

It was at this point when she nudged me back to reality. And I said, "It can be a deal-breaker if you are looking for a car like that. If you want good ride quality and you want SUV like looks and seating for 4 and a decent boot, it's good."

And then I looked around me. I saw an Esteem, three 800s, a billion Swifts, a Duster, an Accord, a Cruze and in between all of that, I saw around 10 Figos. All in the span of about 5 minutes.

The Figo hasn't got the best ride. In fact, it's quite stiff. Are people really concerned about ride quality? Doesn't look like it! If you price it right, like what Ford did with the Figo, your back might take a beating but the pocket will be pleased.

The second nudge from her got this out of me: "But if you're looking for bang-for-buck, the EcoSport should be the pick." Buck, of course, is something we don't know yet, but we're hoping for the best.

The Duster has a brilliant ride and it's an all-round decent car with massive appeal, and if you want ride-quality you don't need to look further. The real problem with the Duster is not just the engine. Actually, it's not the engine at all. It's everything else around it. The build-quality is average. It's the sort of build-quality you'd expect from a budget 'large' hatchback, like the Sail, or the Etios Liva, or the Swift in base trim. Not that the top-end variant is any better. But you'd not expect it in a car that costs 13-15 lakhs. Certainly not a car that's perceived to take abuse. The lack of features is another big disappointment.

The EcoSport will answer both these drawbacks. And it may be priced cheaper even. Ergo, it's going to be a big hit despite the ride-quality being stiffer than the Duster. They just need to get the price right.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 23rd January 2013 at 23:51.
suhaas307 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2013, 23:41   #2497
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post

The second nudge from her got this out of me: "But if you're looking for bang-for-buck, the EcoSport should be the pick." Buck, of course, is something we don't know yet, but we're hoping for the best.
+1.

Ride quality is not something which one keep as the top priority to buy an automobile. Sure it can be a consideration but that is not a deal-clincher.
It is something which would add on to the advantage; as a nice positive to a purchase that one made. (This I think is a more generic view.
People may specific requirements too)

Urajkumar mentioned in his post that the sales guy said the back seat space for Ecosport is quite good but not the boot.

(I have my doubts on the space. Would like to see and then only I can believe. )

Last edited by ampere : 23rd January 2013 at 23:43.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2013, 23:58   #2498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Ride quality is not something which one keep as the top priority to buy an automobile. Sure it can be a consideration but that is not a deal-clincher.
It is something which would add on to the advantage; as a nice positive to a purchase that one made.
+1 to that.

Ride quality is only a "nice to have" feature for most people.

And different people have different requirements.

For instance in my case, a lack of driver's central armrest would be a deal breaker for me, esp in an AT version. Thats one major reason why I am not going to buy a Duster. Charging around 10 lakhs and not providing a central armrest for the driver is a serious omission in my view.

If I have to consider Ecosport my requirements are AT and central armrest. Rest of things like safety package etc, I can take for granted that they would be available.
Old 24th January 2013, 01:36   #2499
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

^^Yep presence of AT in a diesel SUV would definately be much more important than ride quality to me. Infact an integrated Satnav with bluetooth and reverse camera is possible would also probably be of more importance than ride quality as long as the ride is of reasonably acceptable (neither too too hard nor too too soft) quality.

The EcoSport has the edge in my book if it gets the pricing right across all varients.
Old 24th January 2013, 08:08   #2500
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
And then I looked around me. I saw an Esteem, three 800s, a billion Swifts, a Duster, an Accord, a Cruze and in between all of that, I saw around 10 Figos. All in the span of about 5 minutes.

The Figo hasn't got the best ride. In fact, it's quite stiff. Are people really concerned about ride quality? Doesn't look like it! If you price it right, like what Ford did with the Figo, your back might take a beating but the pocket will be pleased.
Good point. I feel the most important parameter for Ecosport’s success will be the initial pricing (or atleast if can give the perceived feeling of VFM).
Once the brand catches in, subsequent price hikes will be accepted without much resistance. For that matter, I feel Ford will not even think about a diesel AT at this moment. AT in VFM diesel at a later point will generate more interest.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2013, 10:36   #2501
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The EcoSport will answer both these drawbacks. And it may be priced cheaper even. Ergo, it's going to be a big hit despite the ride-quality being stiffer than the Duster. They just need to get the price right.
Of course, of course price is a primary criterion else all of us would get a range rover . There are Figos everywhere in Pune as well - including many guys in office but when I speak to them I hear a common opinion - not a great car but it was the best option at that price! They don't enjoy driving it much but it "serves" them...

I had and still have different expectations from EcoSport - tech marvel, fun to drive, etc. It should not just serve me, I should enjoy it - including the looks. Does Figo turn heads (yours included)??? It definately turns mine (away)...

Note: This is purely in the lighter vein, no offense to any Figos on the the forum - we all have to buy at a price point and Figo makes sense on that front.

Cheers!

Last edited by anandpadhye : 24th January 2013 at 10:41.
anandpadhye is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2013, 10:41   #2502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
^^Yep presence of AT in a diesel SUV would definately be much more important than ride quality to me. Infact an integrated Satnav with bluetooth and reverse camera is possible would also probably be of more importance than ride quality as long as the ride is of reasonably acceptable (neither too too hard nor too too soft) quality.

The EcoSport has the edge in my book if it gets the pricing right across all varients.
I agree. I have been having the Scorpio for 3 years plus now. The ride quality is nothing to write home about, no let me correct myself - it is actually bad. But look at Scorpio, it has sold like hot cake for more than a decade now. I also feel that the presence of a diesel automatic can do wonders to the Ecosport sales, especially if it is priced less than the Duster top end.

Last edited by shabash : 24th January 2013 at 10:42. Reason: Added more thoughts
Old 24th January 2013, 10:47   #2503
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabash View Post
I agree. I have been having the Scorpio for 3 years plus now. The ride quality is nothing to write home about, no let me correct myself - it is actually bad. But look at Scorpio, it has sold like hot cake for more than a decade now.
This has been my area of survey and introspection - I used the first gen 2.6 non-CRDi) Scorpio for a year or more. It had horrible dynamics but was very very popular even at that time. And whoever I asked (relatives, friends, including my then room-mate who I thought has tastes similar to me) for a reason to buy the Scorp and I got this - "jabardast" looks!!! In fact I know many people who think there is nothing like a white Scorpio - not even XUV500.

I feel looks are important - specially for an SUV :-)

Last edited by anandpadhye : 24th January 2013 at 10:49.
Old 24th January 2013, 13:00   #2504
BHPian

Quote:
I hear a common opinion - not a great car but it was the best option at that price! They don't enjoy driving it much but it "serves" them...

Cheers!
I vary a bit here... I use to hate this car's look so much that i wont even allow my friends to consider it in the selection list. But now, one among 1000 reasons to wait for ecosport was figo. One test drive just turned the opinion upside down. And a long drive in Fiesta classic made me a huge ford fan. Nothing offensive, but If people ride it without enjoying it then they are the kind who just think car as just a mode of transport.

Quote:
In fact I know many people who think there is nothing like a white Scorpio - not even XUV500.
Golden Words! My friends keep teasing me that im hiding inside this white scorp and bullying other vehicles. It commands so much respect on road that makes you feel very unfair.
Old 24th January 2013, 13:30   #2505
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note:

As per our rules, please refer to a car by its FULL NAME only. Therefore, this Ford is the EcoSport (and NOT ES, EcoS etc.).

Thank You
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks