Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2013, 18:29   #2551
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

Unsure how many Team BHPIans would have got to read this test report conducted by Hindustan Time. Appears that the car has very much a sedan like driving characteristics and with no Body Roll.
Fairly Impressive and I hope they get it right with the pricing. 7-9 Lakhs Ex Showroom would be a killer price for this car.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Autos/...e1-990688.aspx
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2013, 19:07   #2552
BHPian

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD! To know how to multi-quote, click here.

To bring the 'focus' back to Ecosport from Ecoboost , here is a new youtube video of the Ecosport spotting. This time proudly displaying and confirming the presence of the LED DRLs/parking lights. Hope the model tested is for India and not for overseas. The test number plate suggests model is for India

Video uploaded by whitemagicproduction on youtube

One more video for Ecosport hunting group . This is to show the flexible seating/luggage space arrangement. Looks like official video from Ford Mexico.

Uploaded on youtube by mxautosford

Last edited by GTO : 29th January 2013 at 13:06. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!
raj84 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 28th January 2013, 19:11   #2553
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Unsure how many Team BHPIans would have got to read this test report conducted by Hindustan Time. Appears that the car has very much a sedan like driving characteristics and with no Body Roll.
Fairly Impressive and I hope they get it right with the pricing. 7-9 Lakhs Ex Showroom would be a killer price for this car.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Autos/...e1-990688.aspx
I guess this was the autocar review of the Brazillian Ecosport, published couple of months back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj84 View Post
To bring the 'focus' back to Ecosport from Ecoboost , here is a new Youtube video of the Ecosport spotting. This time proudly displaying and confirming the presence of the LED DRLs/parking lights(even on the base model). Hope the model tested is for India and not for overseas. The test number plate suggests model is for India
Nice Video. If these are launched ditto in india model, EcoSport would be a sure shot hit and throw Duster out of its hot selling place.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2013, 19:27   #2554
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This time proudly displaying and confirming the presence of the LED DRLs/parking lights(even on the base model).
Thanks, I think this is the first time DRLs got some focus and it does look good.

BTW, the model shown seems to be middle variant I think. Presence of chrome in the front, rear wiper, body coloured ORVM and door handles etc shows it is not the base version. Similarly, absence of alloys, roof rails and fog lamps shows it is not the top version. Not sure if Ecosport would be launched in 3 or 4 variants.
Old 28th January 2013, 19:50   #2555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Thanks, I think this is the first time DRLs got some focus and it does look good.

BTW, the model shown seems to be middle variant I think. Presence of chrome in the front, rear wiper, body coloured ORVM and door handles etc shows it is not the base version. Similarly, absence of alloys, roof rails and fog lamps shows it is not the top version. Not sure if Ecosport would be launched in 3 or 4 variants.

True. Even I got fooled by the wheelcaps/ lack of roof rails, fogs and made me believe it is the base model. On closer inspection I realized it had body colour door handles and OVRM, due to which I edited my post and removed the base model comment.Perhaps Ford does not want us to know the different variants before launch and hence mixing up the parts. However DRLs seem almost confirmed.
Old 28th January 2013, 21:12   #2556
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
- This is a known thing.
- Even ACI report when they tried it out in Brazil mentioned the same
- So does bhpian MAN mention it. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2923752
They main thing that both ACI and @MAS found is that the ride was a bit stiff, thanks to tight suspensions and they hoped, Ford word soften it a bit for India release.

Last edited by ampere : 28th January 2013 at 21:14.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2013, 08:21   #2557
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This time proudly displaying and confirming the presence of the LED DRLs/parking lights.
Very nice capture. The DRL looks nice. I prefer a continuous strobe to individual LEDs like in the new A6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Pre-production cars usually have all the features mixed and matched. So, one cannot ascertain the features from the test mule.
Old 29th January 2013, 20:23   #2558
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
However DRLs seem almost confirmed.
Those are not DRL's but more of parking lights like XUV 500. If you see, the brake lights are on when there is a shot from back, so that means the driver had his parking lights on while driving. Dont know why they cant give REAL DRL's in india
Old 29th January 2013, 21:01   #2559
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
... Dont know why they cant give REAL DRL's in india
Cost!! Plus, this is still NOT a norm in India. For Hyundai i20, the fog lamp set with DRL costs 10K. But yes, we all love to have it. Unless someone really starts it in the segment, we ain't getting it soon.

I think we can expect these things to be standard from 2014 onwards, hopefully.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 29th January 2013 at 21:03.
Old 29th January 2013, 21:33   #2560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Dont know why they cant give REAL DRL's in india
In the official Brazil website, they have mentioned one of the features of Ecosport as given below(translated to English)

"Headlights with LED. The New EcoSport arrived. Your world just got bigger. Click and explore new possibilities."

As long as these LED lights serve the purpose of visibility during daytime, as good as any other Audi or BMW, we can call it a DRL. If not, it is purely a LED parking light. From the video it looks far more visible(intensity) than normal parking lights. However, the fact that the car colour is also white reduces the prominence of the LED light as far increasing visibility is concerned.
Old 30th January 2013, 17:04   #2561
Distinguished - BHPian

Mod Note: The DRL discussion had started taking on a life of its own so the DRL-related posts have been moved to a new thread. Please continue that discussion there and let's keep this thread only for EcoSport related stuff. Thanks!
noopster is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th January 2013, 18:24   #2562
Senior - BHPian

Spotted a Yellow Eco Sport Left Hand Drive few mins back on the Salem - Coimbatore NH area. Followed it closely , it was a titanium model and another badge as 2.0 (Seems 2.0L engine) . It was TN 37 Regn.
Being tested only for Export?
Old 30th January 2013, 18:43   #2563
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
[b] here is a new Youtube video of the Ecosport spotting. This time proudly displaying and confirming the presence of the LED DRLs/parking lights.
Are these LED DRL's for sure on the Ecosport ? To me it seems like, [and i may be totally off the mark here], these are the "front position/parking lamps" or sidelights as we laymen say.

I think Ford has cleverly incorporated "light guides" and placed the position lamps strategically mimicking the look of DRL's.

Light guides are essentially hollow transparent plastic tubes at the end of which the light bulbs are placed so that to the naked eye it looks like a very nice strip of light glowing in the dark.

The old BMW 5-series "Cat's Whiskers" tail-lamps (red portion only) , even the now defunct old Chevy UV-A Aveo hatch's front position lamps at the corners, had light guides.

A cheap but very effective solution, if this is the case, and in fact, in the unfortunate event of a frontal shunt, more economical to replace as well, because essentially they are conventional bulbs.
Old 30th January 2013, 19:35   #2564
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
Are these LED DRL's for sure on the Ecosport ?
I just had to go see the video again...and guess what. It just plays the DRL card so very well! Exceptional integration by the designers. Now, all we have to do is change the color of those bulbs in there...and what have you
Old 30th January 2013, 20:15   #2565
Distinguished - BHPian

This thing is fantastic! From the Expo to on road, I love Ford for keeping the lines more or less the same.
But with fiesta fiasco right there in the ORVM, I hope they have recall. This is becoming a serious contender for next years garage,if they don't pull the same thing.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks