Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2013, 13:12   #2596
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnahelix View Post
...Here is my other two cents worth - if Ford is waiting for a perfect moment to launch this - there is never going to be one; ...
Looks like they are waiting for the budget announcements. Looks sensible to me. There is a speculation that there will be a 2% excise benefit on small cars (assuming small cars = less than 4m + 1.2L/1.5L petrol/diesel engines) which Ecosport also will benefit from (Duster will NOT). So they might be able to price it better.

It will NOT make sense to launch a car just before the budget & then tweak the prices immediately.
swiftnfurious is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2013, 13:54   #2597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Ford To Launch EcoSport In April 2013 according to Motorbeam.

http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/ford-e...in-april-2013/
As I understand the budget is presented on last week of February (or early March). So can they effectively launch the car just after the budget and start delivering in April.

Is the assumption correct ?
Old 4th February 2013, 14:06   #2598
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh.sml View Post
As I understand the budget is presented on last week of February (or early March). So can they effectively launch the car just after the budget and start delivering in April.

They will need some time to digest any dependence and accordingly announce.
So if they get derailed by announcement, releasemay get pushed out.
Old 4th February 2013, 14:09   #2599
BHPian

Just called Cargo Ford, Ahmedabad to check for any updates on Ecosport. I was told that they will have Ecosport for display in next 10-15 days. I asked the lady about availability of test-drive vehicle, but she was not sure about it.

Can't wait to get my hands on ecosport.
Old 4th February 2013, 14:50   #2600
Senior - BHPian

Got some get good news for the Ford fraternity here

My friend spotted the new Fiesta hatch and the big boy Fusion alias Mondeo between Ambattur to Surapet stretch with the camouflage. He mentioned about taking pictures too, I will post them when he sends it to me tonight!
anachronix is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th February 2013, 15:00   #2601
Distinguished - BHPian

Read these on another forum.

Quote:
  • ARAI FE for ecoboost will be between 19-20 kmpl
  • Engine variants : 1.0 ecoboost and 1.5 tdci
  • Spoke to a Ford dealer in Mumbai. They are expecting demo and display vehicles by last week of Feb with launch in the second week of March and delivery from April end.
  • He has indicated a ex-showroom price of 7.15 to 9.65 lac for 4 variants of petrol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh.sml View Post

That's right. I believe Union budget is happening on Feb 28. As per news floating on some forums, launch is expected in the 2nd week of March (pre-booking also shall start along with this) & deliveries from 3rd week of April.

I believe the 1 month gap is more to build & ship as much Ecosports they can to reduce the wait times and grab as much Duster customers they can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Got some get good news for the Ford fraternity here

My friend spotted the new Fiesta hatch and the big boy Fusion alias Mondeo between Ambattur to Surapet stretch with the camouflage. He mentioned about taking pictures too, I will post them when he sends it to me tonight!
Nice. Details on a new thread please!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 4th February 2013 at 15:02.
Old 4th February 2013, 16:01   #2602
Distinguished - BHPian

It really seems that the Ecosport launch is round the corner. Today I got an sms from the local Ford dealer that the Ecosport will be launched soon and I will be receiving an invitation for the same. They have not mentioned any date, but my expectation is 1st March, as then they will be able to accommodate any changes made in the 2013 Budget to be announced on the 28th Feb.
Old 4th February 2013, 16:37   #2603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Looks like they are waiting for the budget announcements. Looks sensible to me. There is a speculation that there will be a 2% excise benefit on small cars (assuming small cars = less than 4m + 1.2L/1.5L petrol/diesel engines) which Ecosport also will benefit from (Duster will NOT). So they might be able to price it better.

It will NOT make sense to launch a car just before the budget & then tweak the prices immediately.
I don't understand this logic. They can launch at an attractive price initially and once demand picks up the prices can be increased, or kept same if external factors(read excise duty) is reduced. In order to compete they have to be in the market.
All the talk of delay due to localisation doesn't make business sense, you have to launch the product early to grab as much market share as you can and the localisation efforts should happen in parallel which will improve the profits further down the line.
Yes, initially the company will have to bear some losses without localisation but its a part of the initial investment cost which can be recovered later.
Old 4th February 2013, 21:46   #2604
Senior - BHPian

Let me add to the confusion.

What Car Magazine Vol 7 No7 (Feb 2013) claims that Ecosport will launch in April 2013. they expect the price will be around 7.5 lacs ex-showroom.
Old 4th February 2013, 21:57   #2605
BHPian

When i inquired with one of the dealers in Bangalore, he assured me the launch will be in within the first half of March. This seems to match the time line of post-union-budget launch.
Strange though, clearly some of the dealers in other cities have already received the display vehicles.
Old 4th February 2013, 21:59   #2606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmatic View Post

I don't understand this logic. They can launch at an attractive price initially and once demand picks up the prices can be increased, or kept same if external factors(read excise duty) is reduced. In order to compete they have to be in the market.
All the talk of delay due to localisation doesn't make business sense, you have to launch the product early to grab as much market share as you can and the localisation efforts should happen in parallel which will improve the profits further down the line.
Yes, initially the company will have to bear some losses without localisation but its a part of the initial investment cost which can be recovered later.
Maybe Ford India management is under tremendous pressure from their international bosses to show the money.
They have been given two great global products and they cant just show their bare hands in return.
Old 4th February 2013, 22:24   #2607
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Whatever we talk about union budget is all speculations. We never know which way the prices are going to go. In India since auto market constitutes a big chunk to the economy, a lot of people "expect" a reduction in taxes to boost the industry. I prefer this safe approach of Ford to hold than shooting in the dark without knowing what is going to happen in 30 days time.

Also you know what did Renault do! A lot of people including me think the brand is opportunistic & greedy, the way they raised prices at every given opportunity. That puts off such people to consider the brand in future. Would Ford want to go that way?

When business picks up or the material costs go high, all of them hike their prices, but should be in the same range; Renault went overboard and hiked the prices 2-3 times what others did - NOT a good thing to do.

Quote:
30 days hardly make a difference; especially when there is NO new launch coming up soon. And if they are going for the BIG KILL by having serious inventory to keep the waiting periods down to 2-3 weeks. That should be a better deal than launching & not able to meet the demands.

And this is one period [Feb-Mar] when people actually delay their purchase to know what the budget has in store. Especially with the news of discounts looming large, am sure a lot will postpone their purchases to Apr 2013 (if the news is true).

Edit::

Quote:
Originally Posted by tachobells View Post
Maybe Ford India management is under tremendous pressure from their international bosses to show the money.
They have been given two great global products and they cant just show their bare hands in return.
Add to it, this is the first major launch after the Indian MD took charge! So I am sure it's a prestige issue for the outgoing MD (as it was his last assignment) and the first one of the new MD.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 4th February 2013 at 22:30. Reason: Added "Edit" portion
swiftnfurious is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2013, 23:13   #2608
BHPian

Spotted this EcoSport being tested near Chennai on NH45.
It wasn't camouflaged. Only the badges were missing.
Looks like its almost ready for its launch!

Name:  ForumRunner_20130204_231228.png
Views: 4008
Size:  238.1 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20130204_231243.png
Views: 3934
Size:  260.8 KB

Last edited by saadat1992 : 4th February 2013 at 23:14.
saadat1992 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th February 2013, 14:27   #2609
Senior - BHPian

The confusion with 1.5 petrol with powershift automatic transmission continues. There were Ford cars on display at my office. The sales representative confirmed that 1.5P with automatic transmission will be launched. He also said that the car will be launched by March end.

He also said the "Fox" engine will have only manual gearbox. I asked him what is "Fox". He said that's the code word they are using for this 1L Ecoboost engine!
rohanjf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2013, 15:17   #2610
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
The confusion with 1.5 petrol with powershift automatic transmission continues. There were Ford cars on display at my office. The sales representative confirmed that 1.5P with automatic transmission will be launched....
Surprising! Mustang.101 confirmed there will be NO 1.5L Auto. Made more sense as this variant will not get any tax benefits and could be the costliest option in the line up.

Isn't the dealer meeting happening today or so? We should start getting solid updates soon I guess.
swiftnfurious is online now   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks