Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2013, 21:46   #2611
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

Read one of Hormazd Sorabjee's tweets where he has mentioned that EcoSport bookings should start by March end & deliveries should begin in May/June.
Old 6th February 2013, 01:01   #2612
BHPian

Cover Steppe for EcoSport custom ordered in Brasil.

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-capaestepeecosport01.jpg

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-capaestepeecosport02.jpg

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-capaestepeecosport03.jpg

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-capaestepeecosport04.jpg

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-capaestepeecosport05.jpg

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-capaestepeecosport06.jpg

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-capaestepeecosport07.jpg

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-capaestepeecosport08.jpg

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-capaestepeecosport09.jpg

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-capaestepeecosport10.jpg

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-capaestepeecosport11.jpg

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-capaestepeecosport12.jpg

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-capaestepeecosport13.jpg

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-capaestepeecosport14.jpg

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-capaestepeecosport15.jpg

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-capaestepeecosport17.jpg

source: http://diariodebordonovoecosport.blogspot.com.br

Last edited by Technocrat : 7th February 2013 at 00:10. Reason: Fixed image alignment in post, thanks
bageherath is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 6th February 2013, 08:12   #2613
BHPian

MPL Ford, Chennai has confirmed launch by mid-March and deliveries to start by April end. This is confirmed news.

However they claim that the Ecoboost will be launched intially and Diesel will come later. Not sure of this news though.
bnzjon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th February 2013, 09:17   #2614
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bageherath View Post
Cover Steppe for EcoSport custom ordered in Brasil.

source: http://diariodebordonovoecosport.blogspot.com.br
Looks hot !! It will protect the rubber too makes sense for INDIA.

When we say custom ordered, Is this being offered as an accessory at FORD dealerships in Brasil ?
Old 6th February 2013, 09:34   #2615
Team-BHP Support

I haven't posted much in this thread recently but my word, that white EcoSport looks very sweet. The black tints, hyper silver alloys and gun metal inserts make it look smashing in white.

That car really looks hot. I am hoping when it comes out, I don't get tempted to change my Figo. :P
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2013, 10:19   #2616
Senior - BHPian

Any idea if providing spare wheel cover make any twists to the 4m length rule? Would the cover be treated as part of the body if provided by the company and hence calculated in the overall length. I guess making it as dealer fitment accessory might be an option if they have challenge with rule limitaion. How is it done in Quanto?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The black tints
You can rule out the black tints in India anyway unless SC revisits the verdict.
Old 6th February 2013, 10:31   #2617
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Any idea if providing spare wheel cover make any twists to the 4m length rule? Would the cover be treated as part of the body if provided by the company and hence calculated in the overall length. I guess making it as dealer fitment accessory might be an option if they have challenge with rule limitaion. How is it done in Quanto?

You can rule out the black tints in India anyway unless SC revisits the verdict.
The 4m length I believe is excluding the rear wheel altogether. With the spare it is more like 4.2m. This is what I remember reading a while ago on this thread.
Old 6th February 2013, 10:33   #2618
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

The spare wheel itself is excluded from the 4M rule. So its cover should not be an issue.
Old 6th February 2013, 10:34   #2619
Senior - BHPian

That white EcoSport looks sweet indeed. But we will get chrome on the grille, air dam, fog inserts etc instead of the beautiful gun metal shade, maybe except for base variants. It will be great if Ford can give an option for the customers to choose, just like the dashboards options on the Figo.

Last edited by deetjohn : 6th February 2013 at 10:36. Reason: typo.
Old 6th February 2013, 10:43   #2620
GTO
Team-BHP Support

It's going to be a great fight between this & the Duster.

But the Renault is no pushover : It's got the best ride quality in its segment (and 1 - 2 segments above), seemingly more middle-row space than the EcoSport and two excellent engines (thus, two price points).

The EcoSport owns the Duster in terms of modernity, inside & outside. It might be a better handler too (though the Duster has balanced road manners) and have superior overall finish / quality.

Will be interesting to review which other areas the EcoSport can better the Duster.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th February 2013, 10:54   #2621
Senior - BHPian

This car seems to have quite a bit of after market stuff or modded stuff. The RVMs, the skirtings, roof rails, door handles & the steppe cover.

Damn! I dont know about ecosport but i'm liking Brazil a hell lot more now.
Nilesh5417 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2013, 11:09   #2622
BHPian

I feel the ecosport will look better without the spare wheel on its back! It will be interesting to look at the pricing of the petrol variant, whether Ford wants to charge a premium for the famed 1 litre ecoboost or prices it as per market realities in India where petrol SUVs hardly sell. I like the 5 seater compact SUV concept, 7 seaters should be reserved for taxis.

Ecosport is how a compact SUV should be designed, I hope Mahindra takes note! The Quanto looks like a design disaster on road! sedans,Scorpio and safari sales will take a hit due to ecosport and duster.

Last edited by rock75 : 6th February 2013 at 11:31.
Old 6th February 2013, 11:31   #2623
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As has been said, the spare tyre does not count. The 4m rule is bumper to bumper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock75 View Post
I feel the ecosport will look better without the spare wheel on its back!
There is a pic of a modded Ecosport in Brazil with the spare tyre removed. Its there somewhere on this thread and trust me the rear mounted spare tyre looks way better.

Apparently the Ecosports spotted at the Delhi & Mumbai dealerships are for the launch event, although no dates have been mentioned.
Old 6th February 2013, 11:53   #2624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
That white EcoSport looks sweet indeed. But we will get chrome on the grille, air dam, fog inserts etc instead of the beautiful gun metal shade, maybe except for base variants. It will be great if Ford can give an option for the customers to choose, just like the dashboards options on the Figo.

Having an option on asthetics atleast will be good option. Like many folks like me do not like too much of chrome, but all the top end variants have a heavy dose of chrome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
It's going to be a great fight between this & the Duster.

But the Renault is no pushover : It's got the best ride quality in its segment (and 1 - 2 segments above), seemingly more middle-row space than the EcoSport and two excellent engines (thus, two price points).

The EcoSport owns the Duster in terms of modernity, inside & outside. It might be a better handler too (though the Duster has balanced road manners) and have superior overall finish / quality.

Will be interesting to review which other areas the EcoSport can better the Duster.
Looking forward to the test reports on team-bhp for ecosport. In my understanding price will be the decider here. if it is just 40k-70k cheaper than Duster, than it is advantage Duster. Ford need to show a considerable price differential to be in a fight. In a price sensitive market, that will be the key to survival.
Old 6th February 2013, 12:02   #2625
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh.sml View Post
if it is just 40k-70k cheaper than Duster, than it is advantage Duster. Ford need to show a considerable price differential to be in a fight. In a price sensitive market, that will be the key to survival.
Why do you think so? The ecosport has a lot going for it, the market has enough room to expand and the duster has its own niggles and isn't exactly bang for the buck.

I think ford should price it sensibly but go do their own thing. Its a lost cause trying to pit it against Duster esp if Ford believes they have a product superior in many ways.

Last edited by Nilesh5417 : 6th February 2013 at 12:04.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks