Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2013, 07:53   #2716
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Just a thought on the pre-bookings. Say Ford opens the official bookings next week - Wouldn't the dealership enter the bookings in order of booking. This would mean that someone who has pre-booked (official or not) will definitely be higher up the list, or is there something that i'm missing here ?

So, if one really is keen on this car and cannot wait too long, I think its worth it. One thing is for sure, the Ecosport is going to have a waitlist unless Ford really screws up big time...
Well, if one has the extra money to spare and is hell bent on getting the car on the first day, I guess it's ok to go in for these unofficial bookings.

As for me, I'd rather wait for atleast 6 months to find out about any possible niggles and experiences of initial owners.

BTW: A little birdie has told me that the media campaign will most likely be launched this month and probably the car will be on display too in showrooms soon after, but the actual launch/deliveries are likely around the May timeframe.
Old 14th February 2013, 11:40   #2717
BHPian

Yay! It's the grey Ecosport, and definately a TDCi from the badge, which I hope will be in my garage soon :-)

Spoke to Metro Ford this morning, they believe they will have a display unit by mid march, and deliveries by May end...
So the wait continues
Old 14th February 2013, 15:08   #2718
BANNED

Pretty much all news points to the fact that EcoBoost will be launched first.
If this is true, "Petrol"heads like me are in for a treat. Why? Simple

-Ford launches EcoSport in petrol only(initially)
-Expect a poor response
-Low waiting periods for us "Petrol"heads
-EcoSport remains a rare car till the diesel is available
Old 14th February 2013, 17:29   #2719
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Pretty much all news points to the fact that EcoBoost will be launched first.
If this is true, "Petrol"heads like me are in for a treat. Why? Simple

-Ford launches EcoSport in petrol only(initially)
-Expect a poor response
-Low waiting periods for us "Petrol"heads
-EcoSport remains a rare car till the diesel is available
As per a lot of rumours the diesel is supposed to be launched a month later compared to petrol, if not together. So not sure what is the real "treat" that you are talking about. Owning a "petrol" ecosport for a month before it becomes a common sight? Isn't that the case for all newly launched cars for the initial couple of months, irrespective of the fuel? Lastly I don't think that short-lived exclusiveness would be something a "petrolhead" would even care about, but then, I wouldn't know.
Old 14th February 2013, 18:00   #2720
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
As per a lot of rumours the diesel is supposed to be launched a month later compared to petrol, if not together. So not sure what is the real "treat" that you are talking about. Owning a "petrol" ecosport for a month before it becomes a common sight? Isn't that the case for all newly launched cars for the initial couple of months, irrespective of the fuel? Lastly I don't think that short-lived exclusiveness would be something a "petrolhead" would even care about, but then, I wouldn't know.
Yes the small-lived exclusiveness is not that big a thing.

But the fact that you wouldn't have to wait much is a big deal to most of us.
Earlier there weren't much waiting periods on Cars, but lately it is a nuisance.

All Petrolheads get the sleepless nights when waiting for their spanking-new possesion.
No waiting is certainly a treat for all of us!!
Old 14th February 2013, 18:48   #2721
BHPian

Another vital info was, My friend was praising the pickup of the vehicle. He was in a Punto and had hard time keeping up with this diesel avatar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassics45 View Post
Latest video taken by my friend near chengalpattu.

http://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=ZP8ejHSDyqY
klassics45 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2013, 19:53   #2722
BHPian

Good News, Got a call from MPL Ford yesterday about the Ecosport. He said the official launch is in March 18th (week) and the vehicles will be delivered starting 1 month from then, which is 3rd week of April. Ford Rep wasn't clear on the pricing but he claimed the pricing (official estimates from Ford) will start from around 7 and Diesel Topend would be around 10.5L. Have asked him to keep me informed on all communications from Ford on the Ecosport.
ramharis is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th February 2013, 22:30   #2723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramharis View Post
Good News, Got a call from MPL Ford yesterday about the Ecosport. He said the official launch is in March 18th (week) and the vehicles will be delivered starting 1 month from then, which is 3rd week of April. Ford Rep wasn't clear on the pricing but he claimed the pricing (official estimates from Ford) will start from around 7 and Diesel Topend would be around 10.5L. Have asked him to keep me informed on all communications from Ford on the Ecosport.
I too received the same communication from MPL Ford that the launch will be around week starting 17 Mar and deliveries will begin around April end.

Was there any mention of when the booking will start ?
Old 14th February 2013, 22:59   #2724
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Hormazd Sorabjee has predicted Rs 5 lakh price tag for the base petrol variant EcoSport!
PPS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2013, 23:25   #2725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS
Hormazd Sorabjee has predicted Rs 5 lakh price tag for the base petrol variant EcoSport!
Wow! Ford seems to want to cover all bases from the Swift to the Duster. I wouldn't have ever believed this price, but Hormazd is known to get some crucial industry news before launches.
Old 14th February 2013, 23:45   #2726
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Ecoboost engine ? 5 lakhs ?
I have huge respect for ACI and Hormazd but still I dont think it will be a case.
Old 14th February 2013, 23:45   #2727
BHPian

Quote:
He also mentioned that the reason for the delay in launch is heavy localization attempts by Ford to achieve a highly aggressive price target, and Ford is very close to achieving that target. He added that generally the gearbox is the last thing to be localized and Ford has localized that as well. Ford is going to price the starting variant in the five lakh bracket. Bookings will open by end of March and deliveries should begin by end May / June timeframe.
MandarMax is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2013, 23:51   #2728
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Is this a recent update? I do NOT think Ford can price it this low. The BEST bet I see is a 6.49L ex showroom for petrol base model.
Old 14th February 2013, 23:55   #2729
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Is this a recent update? I do NOT think Ford can price it this low. The BEST bet I see is a 6.49L ex showroom for petrol base model.
Yes, he revealed this in the scoop section of the Autocar show which was aired an hour ago! I too agree with you on the ex-showroom pricing bit but Hormazd does get things spot on more often than not.
He also revealed other details which are mentioned in MandarMax's post.
PPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2013, 23:59   #2730
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, he revealed this in the scoop section of the Autocar show which was aired an hour ago! I too agree with you on the ex-showroom pricing bit but Hormazd does get things spot on more often than not.
He also revealed other details which are mentioned in MandarMax's post.
If it's around 5 lakhs ex showroom, sales of cars like, swift/i20 will go for toss. I am pretty sure, figure for base petrol will be near 7L mark.

But if it comes true ( which is IMO impossible ), I will buy 2 of them
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks