Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2013, 13:45   #2836
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

Front sest adjusted to his height(5'11") , after that his wife has enough leg room in rear , she is 5.5" tall , next to her you can see his right leg

And its not maybe spacious as the quanto , but in rest everything much ahead then quanto . The seats themselves are very comfortable , have good thigh support and nice recline to the back rest .

More space dosent nesscary translate in comfort .

And it can't accommodate 3 adults in comfort , 2 adults and 1 kid maybe .

Quanto again is a very tall vehicle which the ES is not .

I can assure you in comfort , driving dynamics , looks ( subjective ) the ES will be miles ahead then quanto .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-image.jpg
oops is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2013, 14:00   #2837
Senior - BHPian

ACI quotes:
Ford is working hard to give the upcoming EcoSport a very aggressive starting price by heavily localising the car to lower costs. The expected price for the base petrol variant will be in the Rs 5 lakh bracket.

Link: http://www.autocarindia.com/News/333...-ecosport.aspx
Old 20th February 2013, 14:36   #2838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Get ready for Ecosport launch. Recent tweet from Ford India talks about a big announcement!

https://twitter.com/FordIndia
yes the complete posting is

We've got more in store for you tomorrow. So do revisit this space to check out what we're up to! #MyEndeavour

So it has got to do something with Ford Endeavour and not Ecosport,I doubt whether there will be any announcement before mid march,once the budget is announced we can expect an imminent launch
Old 20th February 2013, 14:38   #2839
Senior - BHPian

If manufacturers are going to have sufficient stock in the yards of the dealers, why is there such a gap between accepting bookings and actual delivery of cars?

Ford will accept bookings by March end but start delivery in May or June. Why can't i get my car in a couple of days or a week?
Old 20th February 2013, 14:52   #2840
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
If manufacturers are going to have sufficient stock in the yards of the dealers, why is there such a gap between accepting bookings and actual delivery of cars?

Ford will accept bookings by March end but start delivery in May or June. Why can't i get my car in a couple of days or a week?
I believe that's the time to optimise the number of production shifts & the time to build inventory so that the waiting times can be reduced. I assume, they might start production 2 weeks earlier than the booking start time and can use that entire month to produce as much pieces to deliver huge numbers to dealers.

We need to factor in 2 weeks of transportation time too, especially to North India / Delhi etc against 1 week to South Indian states!
Old 20th February 2013, 15:11   #2841
Team-BHP Support

Not sure if it was shared/discussed earlier. The claim is base petrol variants would have the 1.5L petrol and only higher variants would come with ecoBoost engine. The article says only "flagship" variants would have 1L Ecoboost engine.
Now what does "flagship" mean is a debatable item!

http://motoroids.com/news/ford-ecosp...-diesel-price/
Old 20th February 2013, 15:33   #2842
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Not sure if it was shared/discussed earlier. The claim is base petrol variants would have the 1.5L petrol and only higher variants would come with ecoBoost engine. The article says only "flagship" variants would have 1L Ecoboost engine.
Now what does "flagship" mean is a debatable item!

http://motoroids.com/news/ford-ecosp...-diesel-price/
I'm not sure whats their source. This site is mostly like a news aggregation service. Anything that appears anywhere gets quoted here so doubt they have their own sources.
Old 20th February 2013, 17:26   #2843
Senior - BHPian

Suppose we have to live with all this hoopla till the car is out by April. Called up a couple of dealerships in Bangalore and they are all uniform with their responses. April or May :(
Old 20th February 2013, 18:39   #2844
BHPian

Hilarious info. 24/2/2013 is tamil nadu CMs birthday. They might start production on her birthday
niket.dhirai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2013, 20:00   #2845
BHPian

ACI has clearly stated that it will come in only 2 engine options, 1 L EB and 1.5 diesel same as in new fiesta. So the 5 lakh base has to be the EBoost for sure or what if 1.5 L diesel is? Either way we win.
Old 20th February 2013, 20:04   #2846
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niket.dhirai View Post
Hilarious info. 24/2/2013 is tamil nadu CMs birthday. They might start production on her birthday
Not sure what is the hilarious angle here! There were reports at least 2 months back that the production line will indeed be inaugurated by the Tamil Nadu CM and production will start after that.
Old 20th February 2013, 20:15   #2847
BHPian

On Ford India Facebook page a user claims to have booked her Ecosport with the biggest Ford dealer in Delhi by paying 50K in advance. She also claims that the General Manager of that showroom has informed her that the vehicle is already at their warehouse and they are awaiting launch price before handing delivery.

Could this be true?
Old 20th February 2013, 20:16   #2848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious

Not sure what is the hilarious angle here! There were reports at least 2 months back that the production line will indeed be inaugurated by the Tamil Nadu CM and production will start after that.
Well then her birthday can be a date then. We did not know the date then, now we can guess and speculate the same way we are doing for launch date, price, features and what not. I guess sometimes we are taking ourselves too seriously.
Old 20th February 2013, 21:07   #2849
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
On Ford India Facebook page a user claims to have booked her Ecosport with the biggest Ford dealer in Delhi by paying 50K in advance. She also claims that the General Manager of that showroom has informed her that the vehicle is already at their warehouse and they are awaiting launch price before handing delivery.

Could this be true?
I believe the biggest Ford dealer in Delhi is Harpreet Ford. I personally visited their Moti Nagar showroom and got the info which I had posted a couple of days back.
Old 20th February 2013, 22:22   #2850
BHPian

Well if the launch price is Rs 5 lacs for the ecoboost model, it will blow the daylights off the compact sedan market! It is too good to be true, however, IIRC Autocar was also guessing quanto to be launched around Rs 5 lacs too.

Quanto looks grotesque in front of ecosport and surely ecosport with the ford DNA will have better road manners than it. Tough competition for Quanto and duster, will surely hit scorpio and safari sales too as earlier consumers had no choice in SUV category than go for either of the two. Tata's must hurry up and introduce one compact SUV in 5-7 lacs category, and please don't make it look like vista and manza (Head lights,grill, tail lights etc) something like a modern evolved tata sierra.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks