Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2013, 22:24   #2851
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
On Ford India Facebook page a user claims to have booked her Ecosport with the biggest Ford dealer in Delhi by paying 50K in advance. She also claims that the General Manager of that showroom has informed her that the vehicle is already at their warehouse and they are awaiting launch price before handing delivery.

Could this be true?
Could be. There are dealers who are taking un-official bookings. Also we have seen reports & pics that some of the dealers indeed have vehicles with them.

The best part is the highlighted one - she can take delivery ONLY when the price is announced and when is that happening, we all know!

Does she claim that the booking is official? I do NOT think they can deliver cars before the confirmed delivery time from Ford.

Edit
:: Have to say the lady has been royally taken for a ride. Poor soul!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 20th February 2013 at 22:25.
Old 20th February 2013, 23:10   #2852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I do NOT think they can deliver cars before the confirmed delivery time from Ford.
FYI, the booking has started. My two neighbors have booked theirs yesterday.

Last edited by GTO : 21st February 2013 at 15:37. Reason: Removing inappropriate line. Do NOT make personal attacks against members
Old 20th February 2013, 23:37   #2853
Senior - BHPian

I've seen some misgivings posted related to the Ecoboost engine, so I thought it fit to call my uncle in SFO, whose son bought an F150 with Ecoboost engine around 8 months back. I believe he paid $2000 more for the Ecoboost engine , when compared to the normal engine.

He said he'd elicit his son's views on that soon after he was back from foreign tour. But what he told me was re-assuring. He said the engine (perhaps a 2 liter Ecoboost) produces power equal to a V8 engine, and that his son finds it as much fun to drive as his other car, which is a Subaru Imprezza.

I'll update you guys after hearing from the horses mouth.

Last edited by vnabhi : 20th February 2013 at 23:40.
Old 20th February 2013, 23:50   #2854
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohandas View Post
FYI, the booking has started. My two neighbors have booked theirs yesterday.
Are the bookings officially opened (and confirmed by Ford)? If so, please do pass me a link to the source!

Edit:: Would like to know the delivery dates of Ecosport for your neighbors as well!

Last edited by GTO : 21st February 2013 at 15:37. Reason: Offensive line from quoted post removed
Old 21st February 2013, 08:23   #2855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock75 View Post
Well if the launch price is Rs 5 lacs for the ecoboost model, it will blow the daylights off the compact sedan market! It is too good to be true, however, IIRC Autocar was also guessing quanto to be launched around Rs 5 lacs too.

Quanto looks grotesque in front of ecosport and surely ecosport with the ford DNA will have better road manners than it. Tough competition for Quanto and duster, will surely hit scorpio and safari sales too as earlier consumers had no choice in SUV category than go for either of the two. Tata's must hurry up and introduce one compact SUV in 5-7 lacs category, and please don't make it look like vista and manza (Head lights,grill, tail lights etc) something like a modern evolved tata sierra.
Not only the Compact Sedan market but also the Hatchback,SUV,Compact SUV and Mid-Size Sedan market if the price is 5 lakhs.It sounds highly improbable unless it comes with Tata Nano like feature list.Also,why would Ford price it so low when the Figo starts at around 4 lakhs.This price point could also build the market perception that the Ecosport is a cheap,low quality car like the Nano
Old 21st February 2013, 10:41   #2856
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder View Post

Not only the Compact Sedan market but also the Hatchback,SUV,Compact SUV and Mid-Size Sedan market if the price is 5 lakhs.It sounds highly improbable unless it comes with Tata Nano like feature list.Also,why would Ford price it so low when the Figo starts at around 4 lakhs.This price point could also build the market perception that the Ecosport is a cheap,low quality car like the Nano
There is a very slim chance that it will hit the spot at 4.99. But GM sail could do that. Also when you see the base version of Figo was also priced very competitive. There were hardly any takers though. One friend of mine had bought it in 2012 and it cost him 5.25 OTR in karnataka!! But he had to really struggle hard to get the car as they made him wait for about 2 months and in that time they did every effort to force him to buy the next version saying that nobody buys this car why are you buying and that the next version is available off the shelf and so on. They said it needs to be ordered for specially! Even I have experienced this, infact they had told me that it is discontinued and when I said I'd like to talk to the manager they started the same story all over again. They are asked to convert the customers as much as possible. For buyers who see value in it will buy it.
Old 21st February 2013, 11:16   #2857
BHPian

I will prefer ecoboost version to any hatch or compact sedan even if it is Rs 5.6 lac or so with atleast a power steering and front power window, with Rs 6 lac for the mid version.
Old 21st February 2013, 14:00   #2858
Senior - BHPian

I'd say that even a base 5.99 lacs price for the base petrol model will be great value. How does it work though? Is the base petrol model the 1.5 petrol found in the Fiesta?

If so, it spoils the fun. If we get a 5/99 l ex Delhi type pricing for the base EcoBoost model, it will almost be a substitute to the hatches around. Realistically, I expect either 6.49 or 6.99 type price.

PS: A lot of mags like ACI hasn't reported anything about the 1.5 liter petrol engine from Fiesta at all. There have been no such sightings of that engine either. Is it really coming? I hope not.
Old 21st February 2013, 14:48   #2859
Senior - BHPian

Guys, why are we concluding that Ecoboost engine means extra premium or petrol and diesel variants priced similarly etc. ??

Ecoboost is finally an engine just like FIAT Multijet engine that maruti first called DDis. Agreed Ford has invested on a new engine, but last thing they would want is to overprice it and loose customer base.

So i strongly feel ecoboost will power petrol EcoSport and any future cars that ford brings out too.
Old 21st February 2013, 15:28   #2860
BHPian

hi,
here's what i was told by the ford dealer in andheri, mumbai. The official launch (as we've all come to conclude) is in march. Will be launching with 2 engine options initially. The 1.5 diesel and the 1.0 ecoboost. The 1.5 petrol with an automatic is expected later. still unclear if a 1.5 diesel automatic is in the pipeline or not. Also unclear if the 1.5 petrol manual would be available later or not. They have received about 30 odd bookings and had stopped taking any more a few months back because of instructions from FORD. The dealer would also be allotted only about 50 cars initially as the demand for the vehicle from dealers across the country is more than what ford can initially supply.
As far as my thinking on the pricing goes, they will probably launch the base petrol (ecoboost) at 5.99L ex-showroom delhi to get some serious eyeballs. In that case, mumbai on-road would be something like 7L odd is my guess.
riziali is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2013, 15:52   #2861
Distinguished - BHPian

There is a report from IAB on their interview with Mr. Vinay Piparsania, executive director, Marketing Sales and Service, Ford India.

From the post, looks like Ecosport may get a new state of tune for the 1.5L diesel. I really hope they do a 120 bhp to match the output of petrol equivalent!

Extracting the Ecosport related discussion from the above link.

Quote:
There have been many speculations about the upcoming EcoSport. Can you clear them one by one?

1. The reason for the delay of the launch of the EcoSport is speculated that the company’s aggressive with heavy localization in order to get the price as competitive as possible. How true is it?

All I would like to say at this time is that product development is always long term planning and a lot of execution. Our plans are on track at this moment and we look forward to announcing our EcoSport shortly.

Will you be bringing only the Ecoboost variant at first?

No we have already announced that we would have both petrol and diesel versions of the EcoSport.

Okay, the Ecoboost and the 1.5-liter diesel from the Fiesta?

We will have a diesel powertrain the specifications of which we will announce later.

Will it host an automatic transmission?

I will give you the specs at the right time but to the point that you are making an automatic is the preferred way. The Endeavor is also in automatic now and automatic is a trend trend that’s now catching on. I think its something that we need to keep in mind as we launch more products in the future.
Details: http://indianautosblog.com/2013/02/v...-shortly-64381

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 21st February 2013 at 15:54.
swiftnfurious is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st February 2013, 17:57   #2862
BHPian

If we wish to understand the Ecoboost variants of Ford cars are priced elsewhere in the world, we should probably take a look at this list:

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/ford/focus/specs

Lets take a test case of the Ford Focus Edge 5dr Hatchback.
The Cheapest priced engine option is the 1.6l NA Petrol.
At a £365 (~Rs.30k) premium, they have the 1.0l (123bhp) Ecoboost. This difference IMO is too little so obviously they will drop the NA engine option.

For £850 (~Rs.70k) more than the 1.0l Ecoboost, they sell the 1.6l (113bhp) Diesel.

Similarly on the UK Fiesta Hatchback, the similar power 1.0l Ecoboost / 1.5l TDCi version of the same variant have a price difference of about £900 odd (~Rs.75k), Ecoboost being the cheaper one.

Similar to UK trends, there is no harm in predicting the Ecoboost to be the lower priced variant here too.

Edit: Autocar.co.uk got a good 50+mpg(UK) (== 17.7+ kmpl) on the 1.0l Ecoboost Focus while testing. More than enough for a 123bhp car regardless of fuel type IMHO.

Last edited by antz.bin : 21st February 2013 at 18:18.
antz.bin is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 21st February 2013, 18:27   #2863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
There is a report from IAB on their interview with Mr. Vinay Piparsania, executive director, Marketing Sales and Service, Ford India.

From the post, looks like Ecosport may get a new state of tune for the 1.5L diesel. I really hope they do a 120 bhp to match the output of petrol equivalent!

Extracting the Ecosport related discussion from the above link.

Details: http://indianautosblog.com/2013/02/v...-shortly-64381
so finally it is confirmed that both versions petrol and diesel will be available at the time of launch,thats good news,and regarding automatic version,Was Ford hinting that ecosport might be launched with a diesel automatic variant,well that would be some launch then.i am sure we will hear an announcement from Ford regarding ecosport latest by 2nd week of march.
Old 21st February 2013, 19:30   #2864
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
I'm not sure whats their source. This site is mostly like a news aggregation service. Anything that appears anywhere gets quoted here so doubt they have their own sources.
Nilesh now even other sites are saying the same. Dont know the truth though. But if there is both 1L and 1.5L on the offer, this seems plausible.

http://www.rushlane.com/ford-india-t...s-1266770.html

Last edited by ampere : 21st February 2013 at 19:31.
Old 21st February 2013, 21:37   #2865
BHPian

Big news coming in guys. Mantra from Comedy Circus has been shooting as a part of "Urban Discovery" campaign for Ecosport in Delhi and Mumbai.

He also shared following snap of Ecosport near Kayani's in Mumbai.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-ecosport.jpg  

Attached Images

damager21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks