Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2013, 23:31   #2926
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Thanks Sharinder for the clarification. It would be great if the MS Sync technology gets compatible with any present day smartphone.
A very pertinent query indeed, Dinesh.
Good question, I remember for sure there are more features compatible with Apple iPhones than with Windows Mobile. Let me try to find the link.

As long as I recall, the MS part is only for the Windows Embedded Automotive. It is the underlying OS developed by MS. Dont even think it will have anything to do with Windows.

Anyway, let me try to get the compatibility list and post it here
Old 27th February 2013, 00:38   #2927
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Good question, I remember for sure there are more features compatible with Apple iPhones than with Windows Mobile. Let me try to find the link.

As with anything related to interoperability of devices , there are no straight answers, but this link might help..gives an overview of the model and 'sync applink' compatibility matrix.

http://support.ford.com/sync-technol...ew-sync#reload
Old 27th February 2013, 02:01   #2928
BHPian

A bit OT, but since there is a discussion on car - computer/device communicaiton ford is also looking at non-Microsoft for communication to/from cars based on open standards. That will take atleast a half a decade to become mainstream in Indian models

Last edited by man_and_machine : 27th February 2013 at 02:04. Reason: Was too Off Topic.
Old 27th February 2013, 10:53   #2929
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I've seen some misgivings posted related to the Ecoboost engine, so I thought it fit to call my uncle in SFO, whose son bought an F150 with Ecoboost engine around 8 months back. I believe he paid $2000 more for the Ecoboost engine , when compared to the normal engine.

He said he'd elicit his son's views on that soon after he was back from foreign tour. But what he told me was re-assuring. He said the engine (perhaps a 2 liter Ecoboost) produces power equal to a V8 engine, and that his son finds it as much fun to drive as his other car, which is a Subaru Imprezza.

I'll update you guys after hearing from the horses mouth.
Here's the feedback I got from my uncle. No problem faced in the past 11000 miles on his F150:-

" Venu,
With 750 lbs in the bed and 5500 pounds in tow his f-150 2013 his fx -4 4x4 with off rd pkg truck got slightly over 14 mpg at 70 miles an hour over a 500 mile trip.He currently has put 11,000 miles and has no problems whatsoever on his truck
"
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2013, 11:29   #2930
Distinguished - BHPian

Ford Ecosport's Sync AppLink explained in a CNet video.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 27th February 2013 at 11:31.
Old 27th February 2013, 17:20   #2931
Distinguished - BHPian

As per IAB, this is the first official presentation video which introduces the European version of the Ford EcoSport

More details:: indianautosblog.com/2013/02/ford-releases-first-presentation-video-of-ecosport-65206
Old 27th February 2013, 18:10   #2932
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Here's the feedback I got from my uncle. No problem faced in the past 11000 miles on his F150:-

" Venu,
With 750 lbs in the bed and 5500 pounds in tow his f-150 2013 his fx -4 4x4 with off rd pkg truck got slightly over 14 mpg at 70 miles an hour over a 500 mile trip.He currently has put 11,000 miles and has no problems whatsoever on his truck
"
The F150 has a 3.5 v6 ecoboost. No way in the world can it tow so much with a 2.0 liter engine. .
Of course, the real world mpg figures of most drivers with the ecoboost engines have been below the rated numbers. You have to try hard to stay out of the "boost" zone to achieve the rated numbers.
vineethvazhayil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2013, 18:40   #2933
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineethvazhayil View Post
....You have to try hard to stay out of the "boost" zone to achieve the rated numbers.
I do NOT think so. Some of the vehicles have their turbo spooling at 1500 rpm or slightly lesser (believe Ecoboost also falls in a similar category). There is no way a person can stay out of this zone if they are hitting above 60 kmph. I believe the numbers can be improved by "how the throttle is used" even within the turbo range.

If one "build" speeds gradually and smoothly, I believe anyone can achieve a good FE. If you simply push the pedal and get to insane speeds (which also will see a lower FE due to wind speeds, more frequent braking etc), FE is bound to come down.
Old 27th February 2013, 18:49   #2934
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I do NOT think so. Some of the vehicles have their turbo spooling at 1500 rpm or slightly lesser (believe Ecoboost also falls in a similar category). There is no way a person can stay out of this zone if they are hitting above 60 kmph. I believe the numbers can be improved by "how the throttle is used" even within the turbo range.

If one "build" speeds gradually and smoothly, I believe anyone can achieve a good FE. If you simply push the pedal and get to insane speeds (which also will see a lower FE due to wind speeds, more frequent braking etc), FE is bound to come down.
Indeed.. I don't mean that you have to completely stay out of boost to get rated fuel efficiency. The BMW turbo petrols are the only cars that consumer reports did no have a problem with when they tested for real world fuel efficiency figures. They are probably made to kick in at lower rpms. The ford ecoboost engines have been the target of consumer reports wrath for not achieving the rated numbers.
Check this link for some details
I hope Ford gets the setup right for India, we have way too much stop go traffic to control the right foot all the time and go steady on throttle
Old 27th February 2013, 19:15   #2935
BHPian

Ford Ecosport to be launched on coming Monday, 4th March 2013.

Yesterday Chhabra Ford (Dealer in Rourkela) confirmed that Ford is launching Ecosport next week and today an article in BBC TopGear confirms 4th March as the launch date.

The article says "Ford is all set to launch its much-anticipated compact SUV, EcoSport, on the 4th of March in Delhi. While the car has been ready for a few months now, the Ford management have been waiting for the Union budget to see if it will have any benefits for auto manufacturers or any new major shocks in the policy changes towards fuel pricing.

Ford is keen to get the pricing of the car absolutely spot on specially considering the fact that the rivals like Nissan are readying a very affordable version of the Renault Duster, which could be a serious competition for the EcoSport in the near future. The company is keen on replicating the success of the Figo, which had undercut Maruti Swift’s prices by a handsome margin."

The article further says "So, with a tight-pricing rope to walk, Ford dealers tell us to expect prices of the EcoSport base petrol to start at around Rs 5.99 – Rs 6.25 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). This smart pricing is part of the company’s smart strategy to take away a few customers from the Suzuki Swift’s base versions, which have a waiting period of over a month.

The diesel could start between Rs 6.99-Rs 7.25 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). Ford is also keen on keeping the top-end diesel versions price below the Rs 10 lakh (ex-showroom) mark since cars higher than this price have to pay higher registration charges in Delhi/NCR (12.5 percent instead of 8.75 percent of the cars ex-showroom price).

With this pricing, it's clear that Ford is all set to take away some customers from premium hatchbacks like the Hyundai i20, VW Polo and even the Suzuki Swift. This pricing will also help Ford have an edge over the Renault Duster, its nearest competitor."

http://www.topgear.com/india/car-new...arch/itemid-50

Last edited by damager21 : 27th February 2013 at 19:19.
damager21 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 27th February 2013, 20:03   #2936
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Ford Ecosport to be launched on coming Monday, 4th March 2013.

Yesterday Chhabra Ford (Dealer in Rourkela) confirmed that Ford is launching Ecosport next week and today an article in BBC TopGear confirms 4th March as the launch date...
Could couple of more bhpians from different dealers / state / cities confirm this? My SA from Kottayam said yesterday that this is going to be delayed and might happen by May - June!!
Old 27th February 2013, 20:21   #2937
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Could couple of more bhpians from different dealers / state / cities confirm this? My SA from Kottayam said yesterday that this is going to be delayed and might happen by May - June!!
Could it be a phased launch starting with major cities first followed by satellite towns/cities?
Old 27th February 2013, 20:26   #2938
BHPian

Checked with dealers in Bangalore, they sound excited, but dint seem to know 4th launch. They still are saying 3rd week of march
Old 27th February 2013, 20:31   #2939
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Could it be a phased launch starting with major cities first followed by satellite towns/cities?
That's a screwed up way of launching a product which has created so much of hype!! I really hope Ford doesn't do that.

Otherwise, can Rourkela be termed a major city? Why would they get a launch prior to Bangalore?

Waiting for response from Delhi bhpians! Since Top Gear mentions about a Delhi launch, the dealers will be sure if it is indeed happening on the same date.
Old 27th February 2013, 20:33   #2940
BHPian

After announcement of a new car, usually after how many days does the bookings start? Is it next day or after a week or later?

Is it possible that Ford will launch Ecosport on Monday and it will be available for bookings from 2nd / 3rd week?

Mind you, even in this case we are talking about bookings opening a week after launch which looks possible.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks