Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2013, 22:58   #2986
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

I am impressed with the Ground Clearance of 200mm a full 20mm more than the Yeti.

Also the approach and departure angles, make for a great vehicle for our horrendous road conditions.

The vehicle at 4228mm in length is longer than the Yeti by 5mm. Is this declared measurement without taking into account, the tailgate mounted spare tyre?

Looks like a very desirable vehicle indeed...
Old 1st March 2013, 23:06   #2987
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

I was thinking about owning a Pre-Worshipped Civic however this thread has made me reconsider. EcoSport has managed to change the segment of car I was looking at. My 2010 Wagon R has spoiled me with the comfortable and upright seating position. Now I might just go for the EcoBoost version. Its an SUV baby!!

I hope it is a solid, low maintenance car like my Waggy. The ride quality should be great, I can even do manage on the 3 cylinder EcoBoost. I want to experience it leaving a Duster behind in dust at a stop light.
Old 1st March 2013, 23:14   #2988
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I am impressed with the Ground Clearance of 200mm a full 20mm more than the Yeti.

Also the approach and departure angles, make for a great vehicle for our horrendous road conditions.

The vehicle at 4228mm in length is longer than the Yeti by 5mm. Is this declared measurement without taking into account, the tailgate mounted spare tyre?

Looks like a very desirable vehicle indeed...
That probably is the length including the tailgate. Ford has repeatedly mentioned that it'll be a small car and will come under 4000mm in India. The china model is slight longer as far as I know.
Old 1st March 2013, 23:50   #2989
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Ecosport and failure? Naah! SUV craze is increasing by the day. Even traditional sedan likers are veering towards SUVs -- thanks to our pot-holed, dug-out, bump-infested city roads. There are SUVs and there are SUVs. But not a compact low-cost good-looking SUV with a good badge. There was Rio; but that Premier badge? If Duster's success ( in spite of that 90-ish front end ) is any indication, Ecosport should see queues stretching from here to Moon. It can rub shoulders comfortably ( without feeling inferior ) with SUVs costing 3/4 times. In fact it looks much better than some of those pricier SUVs. It costs less and has a noon-shadow of a big hatch. What more does one need? I am already in queue.

And oh, yes! Pre-launch 200 page discussion is indicactive of interest in this car.
Do read what I wrote again. I said too much hype can be a bad thing because those who expect Wagon-R pricing will be disappointed and hence ordain it a failure. I did not say the car will be a failure. I did not contest the merits of the vehicle or its segment.

And oh yes! The 200-Page discussion is exactly what I meant by pre-launch hype. Which other car from Ford had such a long thread before launch? The Fiesta. The Ecosport was unveiled at the last Auto Expo for god's sake - how much more hype do they need? It seems to me it's taken Ford longer than they expected and all these events are aimed at keeping the excitement going.

In our market, only one thing will determine this car's success - price. Great product but will we say the same if it's priced from 9 to 12 lakhs? I doubt anyone will continue to be in the queue irrespective of price.
StarScream is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2013, 09:19   #2990
Senior - BHPian

Official link active on the Ford India website http://www.india.ford.com/suvs/ecosport
Old 2nd March 2013, 10:25   #2991
BHPian

Here's what I just received from Cauvery Ford. They think the launch is only towards the end of March/early April

Cauvery Ford thanks you for showing interest in Ecosport, which is the most searched automobile.

To prepare the launch of this exciting vehicle, as a prelaunch Ford has introduced Ecosport discovery. Here participants can log on to www.ecosportdiscoveries.co.in and enrol for this.

EcoSport Urban Discoveries will be executed in two phases along with roadshows across 12 key cities - New Delhi (including NCR), Mumbai (including Navi Mumbai), Bengaluru, Chandigarh, Kochi, Ludhiana, Chennai, Jaipur, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Pune and Kolkata to cover North, South, East and West regions.

In the Phase 1 of program, participants residing in any of the aforementioned 12 cities will ‘discover’ a place or places which are unique, uncommon and interesting in their respective cities, upload them on www.ecosportdiscoveries.co.in with descriptions and finally share them with their families, friends and social communities. These ‘urban discoveries’ will then be evaluated by a neutral jury basis following or votes, quality of content uploaded and other criteria. This will govern the selection of 35 best entrants for the second phase of the campaign.

In the Phase 2 of the program, 35 selected teams will get to drive the EcoSport over the next three weeks that will help them in their quest for urban discoveries, in their respective cities. These real experiences in the EcoSport will be captured in videos and will run on the online platform. The team, who gathers maximum followers, stimulates and engages them in best possible way to amplify their urban discoveries, wins and drives home an EcoSport. The reward ceremony will be hosted and aired on a special episode on a General Entertainment Channel.

So enrol and participate and have an opportunity to win Ecosport.

We also take pleasure to inform that Ecosport would be on display at Mantri Mall, Bangalore on 29th to 31st March 2013.
Old 2nd March 2013, 10:33   #2992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Big news coming in guys. Mantra from Comedy Circus has been shooting as a part of "Urban Discovery" campaign for Ecosport in Delhi and Mumbai.

He also shared following snap of Ecosport near Kayani's in Mumbai.
Ford has uploaded new videos featuring Mantra from Comedy circus talking about the "Urban Discoveries" campaign. If possible watch these videos in 360p or higher resolution. You will love the Ecosport even more.

damager21 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2013, 10:57   #2993
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Vijay shares this picture with the community. Here's what he has to say:

Quote:
Hello TeamBHP, on my way from Powai to Worli , I found a Ford EcoSport going to the Worli Sealink. Here is the pic of the same. Looks absolutely stunning to be honest.
Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-image-custom.jpeg

Last edited by GTO : 2nd March 2013 at 10:58.
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2013, 11:29   #2994
BHPian

So I get this email from Ford today that something is happening on March 4th. It says - "It marks a special occasion. It's great. And it's almost here. We just can't tell you what it is yet." Snapshot attached below.

Name:  ford.PNG
Views: 4969
Size:  294.4 KB

Sounds too mellow to be for EcoSport launch publicity. Maybe the special edition Figo that was mentioned in the thread. But I'm hoping against hope it is the EcoSport. Been waiting for it far too long. Come on Ford, surprise us!
Old 2nd March 2013, 15:50   #2995
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nec2152 View Post
So I get this email from Ford today that something is happening on March 4th. It says - "It marks a special occasion. It's great. And it's almost here. We just can't tell you what it is yet." Snapshot attached below.

Attachment 1057312

Sounds too mellow to be for EcoSport launch publicity. Maybe the special edition Figo that was mentioned in the thread. But I'm hoping against hope it is the EcoSport. Been waiting for it far too long. Come on Ford, surprise us!
This campaign has everything to do with Ford Figo Special Edition. Basically Ford spoke to few of its customers and with their help designed Decal / Stickers which will look good on their car. I am sure the Figo special edition will carry these designs on its body.

The livestream begins on 4th March at 1:30 pm. You will have to visit following link

https://www.facebook.com/FordIndia/app_359765630803239
Old 2nd March 2013, 17:12   #2996
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
This campaign has everything to do with Ford Figo Special Edition. Basically Ford spoke to few of its customers and with their help designed Decal / Stickers which will look good on their car. I am sure the Figo special edition will carry these designs on its body.

The livestream begins on 4th March at 1:30 pm. You will have to visit following link

https://www.facebook.com/FordIndia/app_359765630803239
And i hope that along with the decals, they throw in rear power windows too! The only reason Figo doesn't appear on my list now that i'm looking for a new diesel.
Old 2nd March 2013, 17:32   #2997
BHPian

Has Ford pushed launch date of Ecosport to June?

In reply to a query on launch date of Ecosport from a buyer on Facebook page, Ford has confirmed launch post the completion of current pre-launch campaign.

On http://ecosportdiscoveries.co.in/rules, it is mentioned that the current campaign / promotion shall run from February 28, 2013 midnight to June 22, 2013 midnight. Also, the last activity for participants of this campaign ends on June 3, 2013.

Considering Ford is planning to select 35 teams for Phase 2 of the Urban Discoveries challenge which will be active between May 13, 2013 to June 03, 2013, it looks highly unlikely that they will launch in this period.

This seems to be a dampener around all the excitement.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-ecosport-launch-date.png  

Last edited by damager21 : 2nd March 2013 at 17:46.
Old 2nd March 2013, 17:55   #2998
BHPian

Long Live Ford. All those who want to buy Ecosport now get more time to save for the same.
All this is to provide good quality product and achieve 80% localisation from day 1.
So, as Hormazd said, it would be launched around June 2013.

Last edited by oops : 2nd March 2013 at 17:59.
Old 2nd March 2013, 23:25   #2999
BHPian

I was in the market for an Ecosport, but the constant delays and with no launch date in sight, I finally quit and bought a 2007 B!W 325i today... The car drives like a dream and handles like it has a soul of its own... It's super awesome!
Old 3rd March 2013, 11:19   #3000
Senior - BHPian

Any idea how the rear seat entry and exit will be for elderly? My parents and in-laws find sedans too low and SUVs too high. In fact my mother had a tough time getting aboard Safari. I hope Ecosport is elderly-friendly and seat height falls between hatches and tarditional SUVs (Scorp/Safari).
Closed Thread

Most Viewed