Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2013, 04:43   #3061

Re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

Noida Ford, on display 28 March. Bookings 1st April. Same 6-8 lakh ex-sh spiel. Sales guys still not trained, at least in Noida.
Old 10th March 2013, 11:29   #3062
BHPian

Mumbai showroom (Malad) has confirmed that pre-bookings will be launched in a month, but deliveries will start only around July.

He says none of the Mumbai showroom sales guys are trained as yet.

Peeps from Mumbai who want to check out the car in flesh - it will be displayed at Infinity 2 Mall on 16th & 17th March.
Old 10th March 2013, 11:52   #3063
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortshift View Post
Noida Ford, on display 28 March. Bookings 1st April. Same 6-8 lakh ex-sh spiel. Sales guys still not trained, at least in Noida.
I will be wary of 1st April considering we have been fooled number of times

I noticed that European version of Ecosport carries buttons on the steering wheel both on left and right side unlike Indian and Chinese version which carries buttons only on the left side which are for managing calls and music.

Wonder what those extra buttons on the right side are for in the European version. Cant help but notice the huge difference in quality of materials used.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-ecosport-02.jpg  

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-ecosport-4.jpg  

Last edited by damager21 : 10th March 2013 at 11:56.
Old 10th March 2013, 12:26   #3064
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post

I noticed that European version of Ecosport carries buttons on the steering wheel both on left and right side unlike Indian and Chinese version which carries buttons only on the left side which are for managing calls and music.

Wonder what those extra buttons on the right side are for in the European version. Cant help but notice the huge difference in quality of materials used.
Are you sure first pic is from the Euro spec Ecosport? I'm asking because the plastics and the leather on the steering looks way too premium to be from the Ecosport. Anyway, I might be wrong.

Coming to your question: It looks like one side has the media controls and the other side has the controls for the phone/bluetooth integration and maybe cruise control. Isn't this how the new Fiesta is setup?

http://www.india.ford.com/servlet/Sa...erlay-takeover
Old 10th March 2013, 13:21   #3065
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post

The buttons on the right side are for cruise control. The new fiesta's Titanium+ also has them.

Also, comparing studio shots and phonecam shots and concluding about the quality isn't fair. But I do wish Ford gives the option between silver-black and black-black interiors on the EcoSport (like they did with the Figo) considering the Euro EcoSport is also going to be manufactured in Chennai.
Old 10th March 2013, 13:27   #3066
BHPian

Launch this week. More details soon.
djpeesh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th March 2013, 15:03   #3067
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimoo View Post
But I do wish Ford gives the option between silver-black and black-black interiors on the EcoSport (like they did with the Figo) considering the Euro EcoSport is also going to be manufactured in Chennai.
+1 to this. It need not even be an option offered by standard: Ford India should at least allow the black-black option (maybe on the dash, etc.) to be purchasable as OEM accessories from the dealer.
Old 10th March 2013, 17:57   #3068
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
Launch this week. More details soon.
If you are talking about the event on 15th March then I doubt it has anything to do with Ecosport launch. Though it may have something to do with a new campaign launch for Ecosport.

In China before launch of Ecosport, 74 media representatives from 50 outlets – both traditional and digital – joined a special test drive event in the southern city of Fuzhou from January 13-19. The media were divided into two waves, with the first test drive lasting three days and four days for the second wave.

http://www.at.ford.com/news/cn/Pages...o%20China.aspx

My guess is that Ford India is planning to carry out a similar activity for media representatives in India.

Note that despite having conducted this activity in January, Ford China is launching Ecosport this month which is after 2 months. If Ford was to conduct similar activity in India this month, it will strengthen my belief of May / June launch.
Old 10th March 2013, 19:37   #3069
BHPian

Q.1 Does the 4200 mm approx length figure account for the spare wheel width or is it bumper to bumper?

Q.2. Will the ecosport launch with the 1.0l 3 cyl ecoboost? Also, can someone explain to me why a cast iron engine block is used instead of all aluminium?
Old 10th March 2013, 20:30   #3070
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5_fan View Post
Q.1 Does the 4200 mm approx length figure account for the spare wheel width or is it bumper to bumper?

Q.2. Will the ecosport launch with the 1.0l 3 cyl ecoboost? Also, can someone explain to me why a cast iron engine block is used instead of all aluminium?
1. With the spare wheel counted, its greater than 4200mm (don't know the exact number), without the spare it falls below 4000mm.

2. It will be launched with the 1L ecoboost. I read somewhere its to deal with the stress due to turbo charging and increase longevity.
shivasuma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2013, 20:45   #3071
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5_fan View Post

The length is from bumper to bumper wheel not included.
Cast iron gets warmed up quickly. So lowering the stresses on a small turbocharged engines
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2013, 21:43   #3072
BHPian

One set of controls is for Cruise Control

The other set of buttons (could not get image) is for the audio control (as per the feature list)
Lets wait and watch if Ecosport gets these.

Image and feature list from Ford India site.
Old 10th March 2013, 22:24   #3073
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
The length is from bumper to bumper wheel not included.
Cast iron gets warmed up quickly. So lowering the stresses on a small turbocharged engines
The length of 4200 mm is not bumper to bumper. It is including the spare wheel.
Old 10th March 2013, 22:33   #3074
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpudhi View Post

The length of 4200 mm is not bumper to bumper. It is including the spare wheel.
I meant that the bumper to bumper length is considered.

By the way, questions about the spare not included in length have been asked hundreds of times on this thread.
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2013, 22:46   #3075
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post

By the way, questions about the spare not included in length have been asked hundreds of times on this thread.
I think its bound to happen with the thread now running into hundreds of pages.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed